Author Topic: Walter McCarty met with Stevens about joining staff  (Read 5522 times)

Re: Walter McCarty met with Stevens about joining staff
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I haven't listened to Walter much, but when I've listened to him speak I more often than not completely disagree with his assessments. So not sure what to make of this personally.

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 02:28:38 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I liked Antoine for the job. From watching the early 2000's Celtics, I didn't see the same motivation skills from Walter that Antoine had. "Toine always knew how to pump his guys up. He has championship experience and has actively been a part of baketball since his departure from the NBA. I think Walter shifted his focus more towards music after his career in the NBA.

But hey, it gives me an excuse to yell "I LOVE WALTAH" at the games again. So color me happy. Still think Antoine should have got it though.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, it's certainly a good PR move.  It can only help boost morale in a fan base that is likely in for a rude awakening after so much recent success.  For the first time since in 5 years even the most sunny outlook on the C's won't result in anyone thinking we're going to be in the run for a title. 

As for what he brings to the table?  Who knows.  I don't think the "too many cooks" argument really matters that much.  Even if there do end up being too many cooks, what's the worst case result?  We lose a couple extra games?  That might actually be a net gain. 

But on a dull August day with a fairly dull season ahead of ourselves, I like the move. 

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
As for what he brings to the table?

He brings Pitino. A student of Pitino, a follower of Pitino, a believer in Pitino, with Pitono's ideas. This is very bad news.