Author Topic: Replicating the 07 offseason?  (Read 7654 times)

Re: Replicating the 07 offseason?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 04:28:51 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think we might have to take age range of 31, 32 with a Ray, KG type out of the equation since the comparisons are very limited, and shoot for a lesser younger star big man.  There are plenty of them out there in the west Love, Aldridge, Cousins, Griffin, Marc Gasol, and Anthony Davis (my top pick but very unlikely.) None of these guys seem attainable or on the market now, but within 2 or 3 years lots can change. We have lots of future draft picks to package in a trade. Lets say we package the right to swap the 2017 pick, and the 2018 Nets pick with 1 or 2 of our young players maybe that would be enough.  Then we have to hope for a dynamic wing player preferably in next year's draft either at the top of the draft Parker, Wiggins, or more in the 5 to 10 range Dante Exum, Wayne Seldon. If we manage to keep at least part of the Sully, Olynyk, Green, and Bradley mix along with Rondo I think that future would look very bright.

Rondo is not Pierce 07, however the allure of playing with such a gifted pass first point guard, I think is going to help with this process.

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I think we might have to take age range of 31, 32 with a Ray, KG type out of the equation since the comparisons are very limited, and shoot for a lesser younger star big man.  There are plenty of them out there in the west Love, Aldridge, Cousins, Griffin, Marc Gasol, and Anthony Davis (my top pick but very unlikely.) None of these guys seem attainable or on the market now, but within 2 or 3 years lots can change. We have lots of future draft picks to package in a trade. Lets say we package the right to swap the 2017 pick, and the 2018 Nets pick with 1 or 2 of our young players maybe that would be enough.  Then we have to hope for a dynamic wing player preferably in next year's draft either at the top of the draft Parker, Wiggins, or more in the 5 to 10 range Dante Exum, Wayne Seldon. If we manage to keep at least part of the Sully, Olynyk, Green, and Bradley mix along with Rondo I think that future would look very bright.

Rondo is not Pierce 07, however the allure of playing with such a gifted pass first point guard, I think is going to help with this process.

Taking the ages out of it makes them much harder to attain.  In two or three years those guys will still be young and if they're worth desiring over, their own teams will probably feel want to dearly keep them.  If KG three or four years younger, the Celtics wouldn't have gotten him.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Taking the ages out of it makes them much harder to attain.  In two or three years those guys will still be young and if they're worth desiring over, their own teams will probably feel want to dearly keep them.  If KG three or four years younger, the Celtics wouldn't have gotten him.

I think KG at 26, 27 outclasses all those guys IMO as an all around player.  KG at 31 maybe it will take the same assets as Love for example at 26.  KG at 31 was still a top 5 player. Some of those guys might get close, but never reach that status.