Author Topic: Who should have Danny drafted 22nd with 2012 pick instead??  (Read 10599 times)

Who should have Danny drafted 22nd with 2012 pick instead??
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:03:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Melo trade after 1 year clearly is a sign that Danny admitting it was a mistake pickup. Same was the case with JJJ.

So last year instead of drafting Melo who should we have drafted instead? 

Some guys i would of liked Danny to draft instead were: Jeff Taylor, Ezeli. Still glad it wasn't PJ3 as his lack of motor and knee issues seem like big problems down the line
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:25:55 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Who should of Danny drafted 22nd with 2012 pick instead??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Who should HAVE DA drafted...

And, I don't really know frankly.

Re: Who should have Danny drafted 22nd with 2012 pick instead??
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:34:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Before that draft i told my friend I hope they dont pick Fab Melo with one of those picks...Im not right usually, but I was about Fab
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Should have traded it for anything

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Ezeli

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My two favorite options at the time were Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller.  Neither has shown a ton.

Ezeli is probably the guy you go with.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Ezeli is the only guy who so far has done anything.  He was picked way down at #30.   Looks like he could be the late round gem of that draft.

Moultrie (#27) got minutes on a crappy 76ers team that had it's top big man injured all year, but they weren't impressive minutes.

PJ3 - who I wanted - looks like he could be a 'bust' as well - though it's probably not fair to call a #28 pick a bust.

Anything after top half of the first round is pretty much a gamble.

Celtic fans are a bit spoiled with Danny having scored pretty well with late first round picks (Big Al #15, Bradley #19, Rondo #21!!!, Sully #21, Perkins #27) and even in the 2nd round (Big Baby #35).

The average value of those picks are normally pretty suck compared to those guys.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Anthony Davis.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ezeli

Ezeli or Jeffrey Taylor are the best options I can think of.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 07:14:56 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
My two favorite options at the time were Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller.  Neither has shown a ton.

I'll go you one better, I was hoping for Royce White and Jones with our two picks. I probably shouldn't quit my day job any time soon.

I don't really like these backward-looking "we shoulda taken player X" thought experiments though. Danny gambled and it didn't pay off, I'm ready to move on.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I liked Royce White too.  I wanted Moultrie instead of Fab, and I thought Moultrie looked decent last year.

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I'll go you one better, I was hoping for Royce White and Jones with our two picks. I probably shouldn't quit my day job any time soon.

I don't really like these backward-looking "we shoulda taken player X" thought experiments though. Danny gambled and it didn't pay off, I'm ready to move on.

This.

People act like he was a low pick, he was the 22nd pick!! Then the people looking for guys who we should have picked instead can barely come up with 1 name and even then, that player was a crap shoot too, but hindsight is 20/20. Then look at all the other teams who passed on the same guys. No one is going to get it right all the time! I'd rather take Ainge's picks over every other team with none of his picks being low lottery (like OKC, who always picked low enough to almost insure at least a good player each time)! Someone find me a GM who has picked better from 15+... I can't think of one. I mean, if DA had the Cats picks over the years we might have the best team assembled (well I guess not b/c a some point we'd have a winning team instead of the flop Cats put out there)! Oh, so you didn't want FAB, well good for you on being right... maybe they should hire you to pick from now on so we will never get it wrong again! Many people didn't want Sully either, where are the many threads on that? You win some you lose some, I'm stilling riding with DA and his staff! One other aspect people may be overlooking, MAYBE, Fab was a pick that Doc wanted. Who knows?

Good luck Fab! Sad to see you go so soon but that's the way the cookie crumbles! Work hard kid (put it in the air)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Harrison Barnes  ;D

Just kidding;

Kyle O' Quinn would have been nice
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:10:10 PM by Mazingerz »
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Guy I wanted at the time was Draymond Green. He didn't have the greatest year but the times I saw him, he showed some potential. He looked very good in the playoffs when Lee went down but maybe that was the matchup against Denver.

Yes, he is like Jeff Green as a tweener forward but unlike Green, he can rebound, is not passive, has some very good passing ability and is a tough physical defender.

I think Draymond Green might still become something. The same can not be said of my opinion of Melo, though I always thought he was a bust.

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Yeah, I'm with you on this.
Plus, it is pretty important for the Cs to get under the salary down this year, it improves their options for next year. If the Cs were well below the limit, they likely would have kept Fab.  Fab was a gamble.

Celtics fan for life.