Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1001128 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft DRAFT THREAD
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Regarding the trades that have been confirmed. They appear to be rather large overpays but, I have repeated stated to shop trades, to seek advise and to think about these things.

If you are going to be your own worst enemy, I will allow that.

I sometimes just do trades to do them.

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Can someone post a link to last year's draft so I can get an idea of what players are valued at around here?

Or maybe you want the Cliff Notes?

Round 1
Best Pick: Carmelo Anthony (GomesFan 1.22) in a career year.
Worst Pick: I typically avoid knocking a GM for unforeseeable injuries, but certain players carried major questions marks coming in to the season. Andrew Bynum (JSD 1.15) managed to be a distraction without playing a game in 2012-13. Otherwise I get a loud Bronx cheer for reaching on Anthony Davis (The Walker Wiggle 1.17).

Round 2
Best Pick: Edgar courting controversy with possibly the single best pick in the draft, Steph Curry (Edgar 2.24) Too bad he went 0-2 in the very next round.
Worst Pick: This won't get me in the commissioner's good graces, but Marcin Gortat (NickAgneta 2.17).

Round 3
Best Pick: Round 3 was RISKY. Nick do you forgive me? Paul George (NickAgneta 3.5). Runner up, Brook Lopez (CFF 3.2)?
Worst Pick: Did the Wizards ultimately field the league's worst team last summer or just receive the league's largest insurance pay out? Derrick Rose (JSD 3.1) To add insult to injury, Elton Brand aged gracefully into a solid 20 minute reserve big last season (JSD 3.24).

Round 4
Best Pick: Jrue Holiday (KC and SO 4.9)
Worst Pick: Anthony Randolph CONTINUES to climb up the draft board from where I drafted him in 2009. (Yoki 4.20). Dishonorable mention: Kris Humphries (RIPRED 4.19) and Andrea Bargnani (Yoki 4.13) Tough round for the Cavaliers.

Round 5
Best Pick: I just threw my arm out patting myself on the back. Klay Thompson (The Walker Wiggle 5.8 ) If I was less biased I'd consider George Hill (Rondo2287 5.11)
Worst Pick: Drafting an extra assistant coaches was a popular move in Round 5. Marcus Camby (TheTruthFor18 5.4) and Chauncey Billups (JGod213 5.13).

Round 6
Best Pick: Omer Asik (Who 6.13) and Andre Drummond (KC and SO 6.16).
Worst Pick: Drew Gooden (CFF 6.23). Because there's plenty of hard NBA evidence that Thomas Robinson (Yoki 6.21) has value as a trade throw in.

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Throwing it out there: 2.7 and 3.7 for a mid-to-high first.

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
It always amazes me to see people shoot themselves in the foot before drafting even begins.  Year after year...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Trade

Golden State sends  1.21, 11.21, and 12.5

Indiana sends 2.24, 3.24, and 4.2

Thats a bit of an overpay to get another 1st IMO.

Go for two all stars and build from there I guess.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
LOL TWW....Funny thing about last year's team I had together at first...I hated it. hated everything about it, that's why I blew it up.

I was more happy with the crappy youngster squad I ended up with.

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
TRADE

Chicago sends 1.3. 3.23, 5.23

Memphis sends 1.20, 2.6, 4.20

That is a GREAT trade by Memphis. They can probably parlay the 2 3's into a 2 and 4, then 2 4's into a 3 and 5 and so on..
Agree completely.

Having spent a couple years trying to trade up out of the 20's, I know it is nearly impossible to do it without giving up a boatload. Memphis did extremely well here

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Can someone post a link to last year's draft so I can get an idea of what players are valued at around here?

Round 1

Man... no love for Tony Parker at 1.20?

Also a career year, also 2nd team all-nba like Melo, and led his team to the Finals.

:'(
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
TRADE

That is a GREAT trade by Memphis. They can probably parlay the 2 3's into a 2 and 4, then 2 4's into a 3 and 5 and so on..
Agree completely.

Having spent a couple years trying to trade up out of the 20's, I know it is nearly impossible to do it without giving up a boatload. Memphis did extremely well here

Was offered this deal by Chicago but liked indiana's deal more. My reasoning is that number three, IMO, isn't as clear cut like 1 is and 2 is. I'm guessing a certain pg is looked at as third overall and I feel the gap has narrowed between him and the others at his position to the extent it could be argued he's not the clear cut best at his position.

Guess it depends on who you think is third best overall after the two elite wings.

I think Chicago could end up on the better end of this if they use those assets wisely.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Round 1

Also a career year, also 2nd team all-nba like Melo, and led his team to the Finals.

Yeah that's pretty cold, TWW. Man, I can't stand when personal politics ruin these things!! ***SHAKES FIST***

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
TRADE

Agree completely.

Was offered this deal by Chicago but liked indiana's deal more. My reasoning is that number three, IMO, isn't as clear cut like 1 is and 2 is. I'm guessing a certain pg is looked at as third overall and I feel the gap has narrowed between him and the others at his position to the extent it could be argued he's not the clear cut best at his position.

Guess it depends on who you think is third best overall after the two elite wings.

I think Chicago could end up on the better end of this if they use those assets wisely.

Indiana's deal was safer. You're sending nothing back, and getting clear defined assets.

Chicago's deal is a tougher road to walk. You've gotta make 2 or 3 more trades if you're Memphis to really make that pan out. I think MVP though is a 5 man race (if you buy for a second that LeBron isn't already the by default winner) I think next year, and getting one of those guys is big.

If I had the 3rd overall pick though, I might try to turn a 3 into a 2, or a 4 into a 3 and move back a couple spots (literally, max 3 spots) to take one of the Tier 3 guys.

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Round 1

Yeah that's pretty cold, TWW. Man, I can't stand when personal politics ruin these things!! ***SHAKES FIST***

haha ... TWW is awesome. i was just bustin chops.

Nowwww, can i sit at your table in the lunchroom Wiggle?
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2013, 05:04:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Round 1

haha ... TWW is awesome. i was just bustin chops.

Nowwww, can i sit at your table in the lunchroom Wiggle?

Classic Stockholm Syndrome. So sad. Just like Patty Hearst.

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Round 1

I can admit when I'm wrong Tony Parker (GC 1.20) was a great pick. I'm now just one more guy guilty of underestimating TP.

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2013, 05:55:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Round 1
Worst Pick: I typically avoid knocking a GM for unforeseeable injuries, but certain players carried major questions marks coming in to the season. Andrew Bynum (JSD 1.15) managed to be a distraction without playing a game in 2012-13. Otherwise I get a loud Bronx cheer for reaching on Anthony Davis (The Walker Wiggle 1.17).

Round 2
Best Pick: Edgar courting controversy with possibly the single best pick in the draft, Steph Curry (Edgar 2.24) Too bad he went 0-2 in the very next round.
Worst Pick: This won't get me in the commissioner's good graces, but Marcin Gortat (NickAgneta 2.17).

Round 3
Best Pick: Round 3 was RISKY. Nick do you forgive me? Paul George (NickAgneta 3.5). Runner up, Brook Lopez (CFF 3.2)?
Worst Pick: Did the Wizards ultimately field the league's worst team last summer or just receive the league's largest insurance pay out? Derrick Rose (JSD 3.1) To add insult to injury, Elton Brand aged gracefully into a solid 20 minute reserve big last season (JSD 3.24).

Round 4
Best Pick: Jrue Holiday (KC and SO 4.9)
Worst Pick: Anthony Randolph CONTINUES to climb up the draft board from where I drafted him in 2009. (Yoki 4.20). Dishonorable mention: Kris Humphries (RIPRED 4.19) and Andrea Bargnani (Yoki 4.13) Tough round for the Cavaliers.

Round 5
Best Pick: I just threw my arm out patting myself on the back. Klay Thompson (The Walker Wiggle 5.8 ) If I was less biased I'd consider George Hill (Rondo2287 5.11)
Worst Pick: Drafting an extra assistant coaches was a popular move in Round 5. Marcus Camby (TheTruthFor18 5.4) and Chauncey Billups (JGod213 5.13).

Round 6
Best Pick: Omer Asik (Who 6.13) and Andre Drummond (KC and SO 6.16).
Worst Pick: Drew Gooden (CFF 6.23). Because there's plenty of hard NBA evidence that Thomas Robinson (Yoki 6.21) has value as a trade throw in.

The only way you got yourself to compliment our team that much was because you must have thought SO made all those picks. ;D