Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1007970 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : GM NEEDED TO TAKE OVER TEAM
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2013, 06:58:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It's not a bad deal, but I think KC is offering good advice.

Said someone for the first time ever.

Well, you did something right, putting together last year's second best team.  I thought for sure the All-American Good Guys were going to be our Waterloo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Well, you did something right, putting together last year's second best team.  I thought for sure the All-American Good Guys were going to be our Waterloo.

You sir, dodged a bullet.  But we'll see if I can A) do it again from a similar spot B) Convince SO to come out of retirement. It's hard bringin the funny and the good at the same time, switching roles made it easier.

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2013, 07:14:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Agreed. I thought the 1) Chicago 2) Portland 3) Edgar's ghosts were a pretty clad in stone heirarchy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Agreed. I thought the 1) Chicago 2) Portland 3) Edgar's ghosts were a pretty clad in stone heirarchy.

It's amazing how you guys remember all these teams from years past
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It's amazing how you guys remember all these teams from years past

Well, in IP's case, the teams are seared into his memory because they've dealt him crushing defeats.

In the case of other GMs, it's probably because they dedicate dozens and dozens of hours each year to putting their teams togethers.  There's a lot of institutional knowledge here.  (For instance, IP's institutional knowledge is "How to put together an overrated contender, only to see it all come crashing down in the Finals.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2013, 08:32:01 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
All I know is the Boston all star big three of Russell Westbrook, Blake griffin, and Marc gasol got hosed. No way bosh could handle Blake and Marc inside.

Lol IP worked some of his illusionary hocus pocus to hypnotize ppl. Only Roy does it better haha. Helps to have Bron tho  ;).

Not hating either. I was definitely trying to take notes.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
All I know is the Boston all star big three of Russell Westbrook, Blake griffin, and Marc gasol got hosed. No way bosh could handle Blake and Marc inside.

Lol IP worked some of his illusionary hocus pocus to hypnotize ppl. Only Roy does it better haha. Helps to have Bron tho  ;).

Jrue Holiday (all-star)/Jarret Jack
Dwyane Wade/Jimmy Butler
Paul Pierce/Chandler Parsons
Chris Bosh/Thad Young
Tiago Splitter/Nikola Vucevic

There wasn't a team in the league that could touch that, kids. Keep dreamin. The only hocus pocus being performed is everyone's ability to misremember my GM skills as persuasion skills.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
There wasn't a team in the league that could touch that, kids. Keep dreamin. The only hocus pocus being performed is everyone's ability to misremember my GM skills as persuasion skills.

Kiss 'em.

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Dwyane Wade/Jimmy Butler
Chris Bosh/Thad Young

This was by far the deepest team in the league last summer.

EDIT: Well, Parsons, Vucevic, and Butler were all unproven back then. But in hindsight it was the deepest.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2013, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Dwyane Wade/Jimmy Butler
Chris Bosh/Thad Young

EDIT: Well, Parsons, Vucevic, and Butler were all unproven back then. But in hindsight it was the deepest.

Deepest, but not the best.  Especially when the starting big men were Bosh + Young.

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Dwyane Wade/Jimmy Butler
Chris Bosh/Thad Young

Deepest, but not the best.  Especially when the starting big men were Bosh + Young.

Exactly and it's not like many teams have big rotations in the playoffs. Superstar talent almost always wins out against depth in the playoffs.

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Completely forgot I won team of the future in 2011.

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2013, 11:43:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
FWIW, not only did SO and I have the best team, we had the best press conferences and write ups

To be completed.

THE LOS ANGELES LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
INTRO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4OvY0_4l-o

ROSTER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fiJMQV8Mc

C:Al Horford/ Nick Collison/ Chris Wicox
PF :LaMarcus Alridge/Chris Wilcox/ Al-Faruq Aminu
SF:Rudy Gay/ Carlos Delfino/ Dahntay Jones/ Al-Faruq Aminu
SG: Tony Allen/ Marshaun Brooks/ Dion Waiters
PG: Kyle Lowry/ Devin Harris/ Dion Waiters.

STRATEGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

You might have noticed, our team is really athletic. Like super human athletic with a  super-human work ethic and commitment to defense and leadership to boot. But as for actual strategy, we're going to run a lot of pick and rolls as we have two bigs who excel in that situation as well as a remarkable facilitator in Lowry. Gay will have his fair share of isos and Tony just wants to play defense and run, so he's fine. Our bench is filled athletic productive role players who are, by and large, very good team first players.

Quick question, how many of you have a starting Point guard for a playoff team as your back up PG? I see you guy with Ramon Sessions on your team. Come to the front of the class.

*High fives that guy*

Rest of the class? Dismissed. But really, ask more specific questions, we'll give you more specific answers.

HARDEST DECISION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJMTmz7pkg

Gambling on taking Nene and taking the " draft a guy so we can move him for a need" strategy. we thought there was a legitimate chance it might backfire, but both SO and I love Rudy Gay, so it turned out to be awesome.

BEST MOVE

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!

OUTLOOK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd2zhPN5-Es

« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2013, 01:11:19 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Already made my one trade before the draft but can still negotiate others.

I don't have a first, but I do have two seconds, two thirds, and two fourths.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in talking deal.

« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2013, 07:26:19 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Gomesfan and I think we are in tremendous shape for a good draft. Having two 1st rounders and the chance at two top 23 guys in the league is a great start.