Author Topic: Idea: Jordan Crawford to Bucks for Slava Kravtsov and Ish Smith  (Read 3781 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Bucks have 16 players under contract and are reportedly considering waiving Kravtsov and eating his contract.  The Bucks have Luke Ridnour, Brandon Knight, and second-round pick Nate Wolters at point guard.  The Bucks have Larry Sanders, Zaza Pachulia, and Miroslav Raduljica at center.

The Celtics could use depth at center and point guard.

Given their experience with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis, the Bucks don't seem to have a problem with chucker guards who don't play much defense.

Of course, the Bucks have OJ Mayo, Gary Neal, and Giannis A on their SG depth chart.

The Celtics would have to waive Donte Greene (eventually, if they don't do another trade) or throw him into the trade (it can be structured to allow that).  The Bucks have Carlos Delfino penciled in as getting significant minutes at SF, so they might be interested in exploring if Greene makes sense at that spot, then cutting him if it doesn't work out.

It may seem like a bit of a sideways move for the Bucks, but, then, they tend to make those kinds of deals.  If they want to consolidate roster spots, are you willing to make this trade?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: Idea: Jordan Crawford to Bucks for Slava Kravtsov and Ish Smith
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »

Offline filmexec

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I like this trade if we also make another trades to clear out our Trade-able Players like Wallace, Humphries, etc.? I like both of these players if they are 13th & 14th on our roster. I like what they both bring!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:49:26 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
crawford is better than either no-name player.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yeah, in retrospect, trades are usually "won" by the team getting the most talented player(s). In this case, I could see both no-names not making the C's roster while JCraw becomes a key offensive sparkplug off the Bucks bench.  :o

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Yeah, in retrospect, trades are usually "won" by the team getting the most talented player(s). In this case, I could see both no-names not making the C's roster while JCraw becomes a key offensive sparkplug off the Bucks bench.  :o

Normally I'd agree, but I think jettisoning Crawford could be addition by subtraction. He has been a model citizen so far, but just last season the Wizards shipped him out for our scraps to be rid of him because of his bad attitude on a young losing team. Well now he is right back on a young lottery destined team.

I'd be happy to take a 2nd rounder or a marginal prospect back to make sure he doesn't cause locker room problems next year.

If he is behaving professionally then I can see keeping him because of his offensive spark plug, but I think it's a risk given his past. I hope Danny is soliciting offers for him.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Normally I'd agree, but I think jettisoning Crawford could be addition by subtraction. He has been a model citizen so far, but just last season the Wizards shipped him out for our scraps to be rid of him because of his bad attitude on a young losing team. Well now he is right back on a young lottery destined team.

I'd be happy to take a 2nd rounder or a marginal prospect back to make sure he doesn't cause locker room problems next year.

If he is behaving professionally then I can see keeping him because of his offensive spark plug, but I think it's a risk given his past. I hope Danny is soliciting offers for him.
To me, it comes down to Crawford vs. Brooks, as they bring similar things. If Crawford can use his athleticism to defend more consistently, I would keep him over MarShon.

Reading OP's trade, I'm not too thrilled with the Bucks' flotsam.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 08:15:18 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

To me, it comes down to Crawford vs. Brooks, as they bring similar things. If Crawford can use his athleticism to defend more consistently, I would keep him over MarShon.

Reading OP's trade, I'm not too thrilled with the Bucks' flotsam.

I'd much rather we keep Brooks. I think they have a similar style, but Brooks is cheaper, has another year on his rookie deal and doesn't come with the baggage.

I wouldn't be particularly thrilled with the OP's trade, but I'm just saying that given the construction of our current squad I'd be OK with it or a similar deal because of what it can do for the attitude in our locker room.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
The Sixers have only 12 players on their roster. Could they be interested in Kravstov and Smith, both expiring cheap contracts (Smith's 2nd year unguaranteed, Kravstov QO for 2nd year)to fill two of their roster spots?

Three way trade with Sixers and Bucks where

Bucks get the best player (Crawford)
Sixers fill two roster spots
Celtics get 2M under the luxury tax, open a roster spot and get a chance to sign a player during the season/take an extra player in trades.

They could always cut Greene or trade him to another team with roster/cap space, i.e. the Pelicans.

The Cs would be 2.5M under the tax, with 2 open roster spots, ideally to sign a reclamation project or two (Xavier Henry, Luke Babbit, Tyrus Thomas...) for the vet min and try to get something out of them.