Author Topic: jimmer to boston idea  (Read 11495 times)

jimmer to boston idea
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Was posted on the message board of realgm

The trade rumors has Jimmer Fredette, Patrick Peterson, and two other role players headed to Boston, while the Kings would get veteran Gerald Wallace, guard Avery Bradley, and possibly two other players or draft picks. This deal would help both NBA ...

http://www.nbanewskings.com/news/nba-trade-rumors-jimmer-fredette-boston-celtics

The site looks awful. But still posting
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:58:08 PM by Fafnir »

Re: jimmer to boston rumor
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 12:45:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Was posted on the message board of realgm

The trade rumors has Jimmer Fredette, Patrick Peterson, and two other role players headed to Boston, while the Kings would get veteran Gerald Wallace, guard Avery Bradley, and possibly two other players or draft picks. This deal would help both NBA ...

http://www.nbanewskings.com/news/nba-trade-rumors-jimmer-fredette-boston-celtics

The site looks awful. But still posting

If that's Patrick Patterson, I don't buy the rumor. I thought the Kings had acquired Patterson specifically to placate Cousins.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Bah, it's not a rumor, it's a trade IDEA.

Boston and Sacramento are two NBA franchises that need help, both clubs have big holes throughout their rosters and the 2013-14 season could be a wash, but that doesn't mean the two sides can't work together to help build for the future.

Bleacher Report writer Grant Rindner has suggested a deal between the Celtics and Kings, moves that would make both teams stronger heading into the upcoming basketball season and possible into playoff contenders.

The trade rumors has Jimmer Fredette, Patrick Peterson, and two other role players headed to Boston, while the Kings would get veteran Gerald Wallace, guard Avery Bradley, and possibly two other players or draft picks.

This deal would help both NBA franchises with unwanted salaries, but also help improve both teams areas of need. The Kings need a veteran to help lead the youngsters, Wallace is that player, he plays hard nosed defense and is still a good option on the offensive end of the court.

Boston would get a three-point shooter and some much needed depth off the bench for their front court, making this a solid move for both organizations and one that could help both teams for the next few years.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Yeah, I hope not.  Not a fan of Fredette and Wallace isn't such a negative to me that I'm willing to ship out Bradley and picks just to be rid of him.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not seeing the appeal here. 

Jimmer is only on a roster right now because he's still on his rookie deal.  Patterson is another PF, regardless of how promising he may look, and we already have Sully, KO, Bass and Humphries in that same position. 

Also, we're giving up AB who's a top defensive player in the league. 

We get thinner at SF where we need a body and add on where we're already top-heavy with players.  add in the possibility of us sending out picks instead of the worthless flotsam we already have on the roster and this deal stinks badly

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't understand the fascination with Jimmer.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
A downright awful trade from our perspective. This writer I guess knows nothing about the celtics. It's the type of rumor fans usually start when they assume other teams are willing to give up value for their junk

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would be for such a swap as long as there were no 1st round draft picks involved. 

If it was Salmons coming back, the Celtics could get rid of all that contract money after this season. 

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
No no no
DKC Suns

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 01:14:14 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Bah, it's not a rumor, it's a trade IDEA.

Boston and Sacramento are two NBA franchises that need help, both clubs have big holes throughout their rosters and the 2013-14 season could be a wash, but that doesn't mean the two sides can't work together to help build for the future.

Bleacher Report writer Grant Rindner has suggested a deal between the Celtics and Kings, moves that would make both teams stronger heading into the upcoming basketball season and possible into playoff contenders.

The trade rumors has Jimmer Fredette, Patrick Peterson, and two other role players headed to Boston, while the Kings would get veteran Gerald Wallace, guard Avery Bradley, and possibly two other players or draft picks.

This deal would help both NBA franchises with unwanted salaries, but also help improve both teams areas of need. The Kings need a veteran to help lead the youngsters, Wallace is that player, he plays hard nosed defense and is still a good option on the offensive end of the court.

Boston would get a three-point shooter and some much needed depth off the bench for their front court, making this a solid move for both organizations and one that could help both teams for the next few years.

Can we change the thread title to "Bleacher Report Idea" before I lose my lunch.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't understand the fascination with Jimmer.

The standard "Great White Hope" obsession means he will get talked about more than he deserves by people who will deny that's why they talk about him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, don't really see how this trade helps either team.

The Kings already have plenty of shooting guards and the Celts already have plenty of power forwards.

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I don't think this helps us at all.  I wouldn't give up Bradley as part of that deal at all just to get rid of Wallace.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I would be for such a swap as long as there were no 1st round draft picks involved. 

If it was Salmons coming back, the Celtics could get rid of all that contract money after this season.

Come to think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge has explored a John Salmons trade. He'd probably be one of the few guys we could unload Wallace for.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Some Internet hack concocting rumors from from trades he invents out of thin air. Highly irresponsible and a horrible deal for the Cs