Author Topic: Trade Idea: Humphries+Lee for Boozer+Picks  (Read 4976 times)

Trade Idea: Humphries+Lee for Boozer+Picks
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 29
Boozer has two years and roughly $32M left on his contract. Since we realistically will be rebuilding at least until the 2015 offseason (Once we have more prospects/cap space), salary for next year isn't really a concern.

BOS: Kris Humphries, Courtney Lee
for
CHI: Carlos Boozer, 2014 Charlotte Bobcats pick (Protected 1-10 in 2014, 1-8 in 2015 & unprotected 2016), Future 1st round pick from Chicago

Gibson is more than ready to start and Humphries will replace Boozer's rebounding to the team. Lee may sound redundant with Dunleavy now in Chicago, but he's going to see a lot of time at SF and their only other option at SG is Hinrich. Lee's 3 and D would be more than helpful for Chicago.

For Boston, its about picks. Getting Lee's salary off the books for 2015 has to be done at some point, and salary for next year isn't a real concern. We won't be in the Lebron/Carmelo sweepstakes and the only other noteworthy free agents are restricted.

This hypothetical deal would be a lot more effective at or near the trade deadline when Chicago is a little more willing to give up 2 firsts, which doesn't seem likely before anyone has showcased their talent (or hopefully in Boozers case, downplays his value and forces CHI to trade)

Re: Trade Idea: Humphries+Lee for Boozer+Picks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
As a Celtics fan, I'd do this trade in a second...which usually means the other team is getting shafted  ;D

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 472
No way in heck Chicago does this. This trade is so lopsided it's actually funny.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 07:10:18 PM »

Online gpap

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 193
I definitely don't think Chicago will deal those two draft picks.

But, I do think Chicago might consider dealing Boozer for Humph and Lee.

With Nate going to Denver, Chicago could use another guard.

What about just straight up Lee and Humphries for Boozer?

At least this way, the Celts get Lee off the books and could even use Boozer to start at center.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »

Online slamtheking

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Chicago will be clinging to that Bobcats pick for dear life.

not a fan of the deal with or without those picks.  Lee's deal isn't so bad that it's worth taking on 2 years of Boozer's deal

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I don't think the bulls go for that at all.  I think if it was Hump/Lee straight up for Boozer it isn't a good deal for the celtics.  Hump is expiring and will be valuable at the trade deadline, or valuable to us just to let him expire.  I don't think Boozer is a good match for a rebuilding team.

I say no.  Sorry.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 431
i dont think boozer is a very good locker room guy, i wouldnt want him here.  not that humphries is any kind of a leader but at least hes gone after this year.

i want to get this rebuild started the right way, bringing in guys with the right attitude.  if you neglect that you get a team of clowns like the wizards had that took years exterminate

not that i think chicago would do this anyway
Greg

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 382
  • Jeff Green
Chicago thinks it's a contender.

Contenders don't trade core pieces.

Chicago will not take this deal, at all.

And how 'bout dem picks... :o
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 10:41:09 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Gerald Wallace
  • Tommy Points: 13
If the two 1st round picks are included...yes.  Only reason to do the trade IMO.  We don't need Boozer, and I believe Humphries and Lee will do a lot better than most folks think.

Rak

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 11:01:52 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 162
Humphries and Lee for Boozer and the Bobcats pick could work if Humphries and Lee show some value during the start of the season. The Bulls would gain some flexibility by the end of the season, with Deng and Humphries expiring.

But the Celtics only commit to Boozer's ugly contract if they're getting the Bobcats pick. It would also mean Bass should be moved, because there would be no minutes for Sully and Kelly behind Boozer, who would start at PF and is undersized to play C.

If they did this trade, then move Bass+Crawford to OKC for Perk+PJ3+Dallas 2014 pick, the C's could have 25M in expirings in 2015, or maybe use those contracts a la Ratliff.

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley/Brooks/Bogans
Green/Wallace/PJ3
Boozer/Sully
Perk/Olynyk/Fav/Fab

That would mean being an 7th-10th seed in the East, and having two more 1st round picks, possibly in the lottery.

2014 own/Nets/Bobcats/Mavs
2015 own/Clips
2016 own/Nets
2017 own or Nets
2018 own/Nets

The Bobcats pick could be in 2015 or maybe unprotected in 2016
The Dallas pick is top 20 protected, so it'd probably end up in a 2018 unprotected (just like the Nets) pick.

Eleven first round picks 5 own, 4 unprotected, 2 protected in five years are a lot of trade chips.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 716

Chicago was reportedly quite willing to trade Boozer for Bargnani at the trade deadline and a Bargnani injury may have been what prevented the Raptors from eventually coming around on the deal.

Boozer is, at best, their fourth-most important player.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 07:40:20 AM »

Online saltlover

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 217
I was thinking that the Celtics should offer Bass and Bogans' unguaranteed contract next summer for Boozer and a single pick.  That saves Chicago a lot of money once the luxury tax is accounted for, while giving them a similar player.  Two picks is hefty, so I don't see that happening, especially since they pay more in salary this year.  Maybe switching Bogans in for Lee would make things slightly more palatable for Chiacgo, since then Boozer's entire contract is wiped off the books, but they could also keep their picks and amnesty him next season if that was important.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 57
  • Rajon Rondo IS walking thru that door!
Or Alternatively Hump and Crawford. One is expiring the other is a team option
Kobe is Swahili or tortoise. Look it up!

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 29
I definitely underrated Boozer in my first trade. But Hump+Bogans for Boozer/Bobcats pick at the deadline doesn't seem unrealistic. Especially if they both play well first half of the season.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 117

Chicago was reportedly quite willing to trade Boozer for Bargnani at the trade deadline and a Bargnani injury may have been what prevented the Raptors from eventually coming around on the deal.

Boozer is, at best, their fourth-most important player.
I am with Concourse on this one.  Boozer for Bargnani gets them much more talent than Boozer for Lee and Humphries.  Boozer with all his warts, is a productive player.  Hump would have to come out and show a lot before this would even be a consideration straight up (much less with all the Chicago picks involved).

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog