Author Topic: some trade ideas  (Read 4263 times)

some trade ideas
« on: August 03, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Trade bass and lee and a pick for granger or eric gordon.
      -pacers were great without granger maybe lee bulldog and bass would be the right role playing vets.
        - pelicans might want out of gordons contract plus he doesn't like it there.....I might even swap lee for bradley......idk tho

Then trade hump and crawford for Asik.
    - hump may be a nice pf to pair with dwight and crawford adds scoring off the bench..throe in a pick if needed....

Roster:
Rondo/pressey
Granger or gordon/bradley or lee/bogans/brooks
Green/wallace
Sully/ko
Asik/vic/fab

Then we have 2 open spots..... maybe this happens early to midseason.....but if we gonna get granger or gordon cheap gotta gamble with their health and gettem before they play
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:40:19 AM by Humble G »

Re: win now trade ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:22:40 AM »

fitzhickey

Just a question
how do you expect granger, a combo forward who is stronger than most 3's to make up for his lack of explosiveness, to guard the 2 effectively
imagining him trying to guard a quick 2 like monta ellis or brandon knight brings a smile to my face

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The thread title should be changed to "trades for mediocrity."  Also, NO, Ind, and Hou say no.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:28:28 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
theyd be okay here. We'd still need a big man.

If you could somehow clear enough capspace by using our picks and Gerald Wallace AND Humphries to get something like:

Jarred Sullinger, 2016 first rounder, Jordan Crawford, Kris Humphries for LaMarcus Aldridge.

and

Courtney Lee, Bass, 2014 2nd rounder, for Nikola Pekovic.

We'd then need to swing something for a real shooting guard like Granger or Gordon and I wonder if we could use our trade exception and get:

Avery Bradley, 2017 first rounder, Gerald Wallace, trade exception $10 million for Danny Granger
Not sure exactly how we'd pull the miracle of all of them, particularly Aldridge and Granger but let's dare to dream...

Rondo
Granger
Green
Aldridge
Pekovic

Pretty nasty team.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
theyd be okay here. We'd still need a big man.

If you could somehow clear enough capspace by using our picks and Gerald Wallace AND Humphries to get something like:

Jarred Sullinger, 2016 first rounder, Jordan Crawford, Kris Humphries for LaMarcus Aldridge.

and

Courtney Lee, Bass, 2014 2nd rounder, for Nikola Pekovic.

We'd then need to swing something for a real shooting guard like Granger or Gordon and I wonder if we could use our trade exception and get:

Avery Bradley, 2017 first rounder, Gerald Wallace, trade exception $10 million for Danny Granger
Not sure exactly how we'd pull the miracle of all of them, particularly Aldridge and Granger but let's dare to dream...

Rondo
Granger
Green
Aldridge
Pekovic

Pretty nasty team.
The Aldridge and Pekovic deals are not enough for either of them.  that's saying something because I usually think the C's are giving up too much in most of these trade proposals.

The Granger deal we are paying waaaayyy tooooo muuuuccch.  Granger hasn't shown he's close to playing and he's probably only able to play SF after that injury, which make him redundant with Green

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Just a question
how do you expect granger, a combo forward who is stronger than most 3's to make up for his lack of explosiveness, to guard the 2 effectively
imagining him trying to guard a quick 2 like monta ellis or brandon knight brings a smile to my face

Yea I thought bout but i think he'd do a decent enuff job that his mismatch of knight guarding him would make up for it.....also that's why I mentioned gordon also......there are not too many guards that I think we can pull away from other teams....these 2 seem plausible imo......I think eric gordon might he our best target....unles we go old and washed up like ben gordon or somethin.

I do think houston would be interested in hump bc asik wants out and I can't see him being a backup and bein happy and I definitely can see him and dwight workin well together.

Re: some trade ideas
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Danny might prove me wrong, but IMO this summer we have a combination of not enough chips just yet to cash in to be a contender, selling low on players, and teams not desperate now to unload stars.   

With selling low on players I'd like to see if Humphries, Wallace, Bass, Lee, and Brooks for that matter can have bounce back years.  If so that will only increase their value by the trade deadline when teams might be more desperate to add to their team for a playoff push.  We only saw a little bit of Sully.  I'd like to see much more of him to see how good he can be, and how he recovers from back surgery.   I'd like to see how Bradley will look after finally having an off season of not rehabbing.  I'd like to see what Green looks like as a number 1 scoring option, and starting at SF for the first time in his career.  I definitely don't want to trade Rondo and KO right now. 

I think by the February trade deadline we'll have some of those questions answered, and we could be one of few teams in selling mode of our role players for future chips, with many more buyers out there.   

We have a glut of power forwards, and there are alot of aging power forwards out there on teams that will be fighting for playoff position such as NY, Brooklyn, Chicago, Indiana, and Memphis.   One or 2 key injuries and maybe someone will overpay for Bass or Humphries.  Then I can see Dirk and Kobe demanding to get whatever added depth needed for a playoff push.   The Spurs will do whatever they can to add to their team if they need to for Duncan's final years. 

We also have a glut of shooting guards maybe all are really backups, but shooting guards in a weak position now in the NBA.  What if OKC is desperate for some scoring punch off the bench with Martin gone.  Same with other teams. 

Then you have teams that have been rebuilding for a while and/or desperate to keep their star happy, where they finally might be ready for a playoff push like Washington, Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota, NO, and Portland. 

So I'd rather sit the rest of the summer out for trading as some teams might overpay for what we have by the trade deadline, but nothing will surprise me with Ainge.   Then maybe in a year or 2 we'll have that much more chips to cash in, and maybe more stars available to aquire.   

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »

Offline toine83

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
1)Deandre Jordan in a 3 team trade with Houston involving Humphries and Asik.
Jordan to Boston, Asik to LA and Humphries to Houston

2)Ryan Anderson for Bass, Melo and filler

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Pass on Granger. Way too injury prone and to be honest, I don't think he's any better than Green or Wallace.

As for Eric Gordon, that's a more interesting proposition.

He also seems to be injury prone over the last couple years BUT I did a little research.

In the last two seasons combined, he's only played a total of 51 games.

HOWEVER, in 2008/09 he played 78 games, 2009/10 he played 62 games and in 2010/11 he played 56 games.

Ok, playing 56 games in 2010/11 isn't all that great either but to me, it's very possible his lack of playing the time the last two years could be because he doesn't want to be in New Orleans.

Before that with the Clippers (especially the first two years) he seemed to play quite a bit.

He was also selected no 7 overall back in 2008 and has a career average of 18 pts per game.

If New Orleans maybe dealt him and Jason Smith and we could rid ourselves of Lee and Bass's contract, I would be up for that.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
1)Deandre Jordan in a 3 team trade with Houston involving Humphries and Asik.
Jordan to Boston, Asik to LA and Humphries to Houston

2)Ryan Anderson for Bass, Melo and filler

1.) I don't believe any players from the Clips can be traded to the Celts and vice versa for a year after the Doc deal

2.)I don't think NO deals Anderson for Bass, Melo and filler. Anderson is a better player than Bass because he can score in bunches and has a great outside game.

Bass is more of a mid-range power forward who can score times, but other times he can't.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Trade bass and lee and a pick for granger or eric gordon.

Then trade hump and crawford for Asik.

You would most likely have to trade a pick to move Bass and Lee as they don't have the most friendly contracts. And despite a strange number of posts to the contrary Gordon still has a lot of value. Maybe if he gets hurt again this year this becomes possible but still it's a long shot.

An expiring Humphries for Asik is probably not the best Houston can get. Also I don't know why we'd want Asik on a 2yr/$20M deal when both of those years look like rebuilds. I'd rather just let Hump expire and save the $.

One thing I noticed is that these trades aim to make us better. While that is the usual goal in the NBA I seriously doubt it would be the goal this season. Anyone expecting us to make a run or throw money at talent this season is just setting themselves up for disappointment. These trades are no only homer trades, they also contradict the moves Ainge has made in the off season.

I'd like to see if we can get a superstar in one of the next 2 drafts and then take a swing at LMA or Marc Gasol. I don't see guys like Asik or Granger taking us where we want to go and while I'd take a change on Gordon the asking price is currently too high.