Author Topic: 2013 CelticsBlog Draft - 25 Teams Total - Draft Lottery Morning of 8/16  (Read 79777 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Gomesfan and I are in.
Awesome news. Still need at the very least one more GM.

I see you up there Dons!!!

And there's some regulars that haven't checked in like SO, Who, and Faf.

Ha...

Hell hasn't frozen over yet.
LOL...was waiting for that!!!

I just take an interest in what drama/stupidity/ego thumping will pop up this year.
For those not in the know, Dons was commissioner during the absolutely worst behaved CB Draft in history. He should be commmeded for not having hunted down 3/4's of the GMs that participated that year and given us all a massive ass whooping.

Indeed, hell has not frozen over yet.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Gomesfan and I want revenge!

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Any chance McHales Pits and KGs Knees are related?  ;D

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Gomesfan and I want revenge!
I second that!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Any chance McHales Pits and KGs Knees are related?  ;D

Bahahahahaha!

Definitely not, but still hilarious

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Depending how badly we need spots filled, me and rondoallaturca may be teaming up.

Bumping this back up, is it okay if I team up with BleedGreen1989 or would it preferred for us to stay separate to maximize the number of GMs?

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Has there been a decision on draft date because if drafting is the last week of August  I can't participate/ would need co gm
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY ASKED FOR THIS.
THE 2013 CB DRAFT, NOW WITH 100% MORE ARGUMENTS.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bumping to gain more interest

Weird, Who is not playing?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Is it too soon for me to start making demands? Here's my first suggestion. After announcing 1st round draft order, hold a reverse order draft for franchises, with the requirement that every GM keep the team's head coach in place. He was hired by ownership.

Drafting franchises is more fun than drafting coaches, and the coaching round is a borderline mess with somebody dragging Rudy T. out of retirement every year.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:45:03 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Is it too soon for me to start making demands? Here's my first suggestion. After announcing 1st round draft order, hold a reverse order draft for franchises, with the requirement that every GM keep the team's head coach in place. He was hired by ownership.

Drafting franchises is more fun than drafting coaches, and the coaching round is a borderline mess with somebody dragging Rudy T. out of retirement every year.

I always hated that. Then you get the inevitable, 'you don't think with enough money or perks he wouldn't come out of retirement???!!' Just shut up already and pick Scott Skiles ya big baby!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Draft Lottery is the morning of Friday August 16th. I will post the draft thread with the big board and schedule of all rounds, shortly thereafter. The first four posts will be for a list of all teams and their GMs, the big board, a list of all players that played in the league last year and players that were drafted as well as as many undrafted rookies that have been invited to camps as I can find, and a trade transaction post. I will attempt to keep these the big board and the players list and trade transaction list as up to date as possible and hopefully have it completed by midnight each night at the latest.

Know that getting trades approved by me between the hours of midnight and 7:00AM probably isn't going to happen. So plan accordingly or be patient.

Trading negotiations can begin immediately after and each team is allowed just one trade before the draft commences. Thereafter, bring them on but know you can only have one, unapproved trade request into the commissioner's office at a time.

The Draft commences at 11:00AM on Monday August 18th. That week is one round per day.

That weekend commences the Coach's Round of the draft. Beginning right after the draft ends on Friday August 22nd teams will be able to select their head coaches. One coach per team, no assistants. No time limit. Just select your coach and then send a PM to the next GM in line to select stating that you have made your selection and it is now their turn to select their coach. This finishes wherever it finishes but must be completed before rosters need to be submitted.

On Monday August 26th the draft resumes with four days of two rounds per day where times between picks are cut from 10 minutes to 5 minutes. For those not doing the math that equals 13 rounds of drafting total.

Rosters are maxed at 15 players but must have a minimum of 13 players. Any teams under 13 players will have a free agency period starting at 6:00PM Thursday August 22nd. Those teams under 13 players will get to sign any player not chosen. Those teams can sign one player during each 24hr period after 6:00PM Thursday August 22nd until they hit the 13 player minimum.(A 24 hour period is 6:00PM Thursday until 5:59:59PM Friday not 24 hours between picks)

You may not have more than 15 players on your roster and there is no stashing players overseas. If you draft a player that plays overseas, he is on your roster but he will not be considered playing for you during the voting period. If you have 15 players and still own draft picks, sell them for TPs.

Trades can be made up until the deadline but know the deadline is the Labor Day holiday, Monday Sept 2nd at 8:00 PM. I will make every attempt to be around to approve trades that final weekend but even I have a life, so if I can not get all trades approved that weekend in a timely manner, apologies ahead of time.

Pressers will begin Tuesday Sept 3rd with the Atlantic and Pacific divisions. Wednesday Sept 4th will be the Central and Northwest divisions and Thursday Sept 5thh will be pressers for the Southeast and Southwest divisions.

Voting for regular season results and playoff seeding will take place on Friday Sept6th. First round of the playoffs will occur on Monday Sept 9th. Conference semifinals will happen on Tuesday Sept. 10th. Conference Finals to be done on Wednesday Sept. 11th and the Finals on Thursday Sept. 12th. Other awards will be held during playoff week and those times are to be determined.

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
Going to needa Co-GM for the first week. Any takers.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team