Author Topic: 2013 CelticsBlog Draft - 25 Teams Total - Draft Lottery Morning of 8/16  (Read 79730 times)

Re: 2013 CelticsBlog Draft (recruiting GMs)
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are salary caps enforced?
No salary whatsoever.

Re: 2014 CelticsBlog Draft (recruiting GMs and Commissioners)
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
'IPs team is good, but don't get taken in by his silver tongue. He's one of the best at it and he makes a really good case, but lets not let his propaganda confuse us with reality'.

Quoted for truth.  ;D

Seconded and learned it the hard way.

Which is why it kind of sucks that he may not be competing this year.

Yeah Yoki, I really swindled you by making you trade for Kyrie Irving. That guy really took a step back!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'm in.

I'm going to be less verbose.

See?
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Would love to, Nick, just don't have time now ... I apologize, Buddy. Don't see it changing anytime soon, as I have a recording contract deadline (I'm behind) and another priority here to get running before the season starts. Next year, fer sher ... count your blessings, I usually just cause confusion anyway. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No salary whatsoever.

Am I the only one who thinks we should include one. Say a fixed salary cap for every team at around 83 million or something?

Just a suggestion...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
No salary whatsoever.

Am I the only one who thinks we should include one. Say a fixed salary cap for every team at around 83 million or something?

Just a suggestion...
Apologies but that's not happening. These have been the rules for years. I'm not changing any rules, just enforcing them this year.

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

Personally I would rather not see a cap.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

Agreed. I've always in favor of some sort of cap. Adds a more realism to the game
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2013, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

Agreed. I've always in favor of some sort of cap. Adds a more realism to the game

What if everyone started with an existing franchise, and there was this ad-hoc faux CBA all the teams operated under, and people had to bid on free agents, and those bids went through some kind of spreadsheet equation to assign a winner, and it went on forever?

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

What if everyone started with an existing franchise, and there was this ad-hoc faux CBA all the teams operated under, and people had to bid on free agents, and those bids went through some kind of spreadsheet equation to assign a winner, and it went on forever?

Yeah... But its also fun to start building a team from scratch. Its also going to be more challenging if theres a limit, salary wise to build this team.

Add that to an already hyper competitive back and forth of opinions about players and their value and you create a hard level Rubiks cube of fantasy drafts.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

Personally I would rather not see a cap.

Yeah I wouldn't like to see a cap.

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

Maybe these suggestions would be better off in PM's or Emails?   ;D
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
No salary whatsoever.

Just a suggestion...

Maybe these suggestions would be better off in PM's or Emails?   ;D

Ahhhhh someone got it.

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Actually I prefer to keep the ideas and discussion flowing. And since this is the CB Draft and not some other draft, ideas to make it better have always been open and up front and should stay that way.

However, nothing will change regarding rules this year. This is a mod created game and the rules that have grown over the years have turned this into a fairly competitive but much better behaved experience and I am not going to mess with that. I am only a caretaker of the game and enforcer of the rules.

We can discuss rule changes all we want and I will put together a list of stuff from our discussions that I will send to Roy, IP, Faf, wd, and the other mods that usually run this but for this year, the rules are set and not changing.

Hope everyone understands. This isn't my game, it belongs to the blog and is usually run and tinkered with by others. I'm just "acting commissioner" for this year, and even then, I probably don't act very well.

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Regarding salaries. this is my take:

The Pick 2 Draft recently changed to include salaries. You can build your team from scratch and do so within a salary cap environment, so for those looking for that type of experience, play the Pick 2 when it comes up, its usually around the All-Star game. It doesn't crown a winner but we all usually judge how we do against how well the team is built versus the real life team we are representing.

The DKC is also a salary keeper league that emulates the real NBA and has the unique addition of free agency as well as being able to run the league during the season and adjust according to how your players are actually playing. Its is new and seems like a lot of fun. It may or may not crown a winner, I guess the DKC office will tell you who are playing it sooner or later.

So if you want drafts with salaries, those are the games to be playing. If you are looking for the original CB Draft experience with playoffs and pressers and awesome basketball debate and lots of trades and drafting, this is the right place to be.

There's also the Historical Draft, which this year will feature a format where each GM will have to draft and trade players but in the end to qualify for awards will have to have 3 players from each of 5 different eras on their team after the draft ends.(An idea I was mulling around but then Roy came up with the same thing and actual eras which I really liked). That will take place in May.