Author Topic: 2013 CelticsBlog Draft - 25 Teams Total - Draft Lottery Morning of 8/16  (Read 79514 times)

Re: 2014 CelticsBlog Draft (recruiting GMs and Commissioners)
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 06:50:49 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Yeah same here hoping we can start earlier than late August it be awesome to start August 12

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So this is where we stand right now?(BTW Roy, feel free to cut and paste this into the OP)

Commissioners
nickagneta(if approved)
Roy H.(when he can)
IndeedProceed(if he can and his wife doesn't kill him for being a part of another fantasy league that gets him out of changing diapers)

GMs
1. Evantime34
2. ronaldo043(prefers start of draft on August 12)
3. BleedGreen1989/(co-GM curious)
4. airbelinelli/AB_Celtic
5. Rondo2287
6. Yoki_IsTheName
7. rondoallaturca
8. wdleehi/(looking to be part-time GM with someone that does most of the trade work)
9. IndeedProceed/(can't be full time GM but will help someone out)
10. Kane3387
11. BigAlTheFuture
12. riah32(but can't draft mid two weeks of August)
13. celticpride07(prefers not drafting last week of August)
14. Celtic Fan Forever
15. KGs Knees(looking for co-GM)
16. TruthFot18
17. KCatTheStripe
18. pearljammer10
19. fitzhickey(wants to be someone's co-GM)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:41:08 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Bumping this. Hoping some of the CB DRaft regulars see it.

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think I'd be interested, I've heard it's a lot of fun.  I've also heard it's hyper-competitive (which is probably right up my alley).

My interest would probably be as a co-GM.  Or, to put it more accurately, I'd be looking to find someone to tackle the "PR" duties.  I could easily see the campaigning for votes aspect being my downfall.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think I'd be interested, I've heard it's a lot of fun.  I've also heard it's hyper-competitive (which is probably right up my alley).

My interest would probably be as a co-GM.  Or, to put it more accurately, I'd be looking to find someone to tackle the "PR" duties.  I could easily see the campaigning for votes aspect being my downfall.

The PR aspect is over-rated.  It might get you to the Finals, but the best team will inevitably win (or, it did last year, at least.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 12:12:38 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
TheTruthFot18 is back!

Can I re-up for my third season? As a GM

The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

The PR aspect is over-rated.  It might get you to the Finals, but the best team will inevitably win (or, it did last year, at least.)

Says the guy who, when concerned that he might lose said, 'Well if this is going to be a lifetime achievement award that's fine...'

Roy Hobbs is a PR master, my wife and I had a baby a week ago just so I would have a more compelling reason to sit out this year than, 'I don't think I can do that again, it's exhausting!' Covered my scent well.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 01:26:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Says the guy who, when concerned that he might lose said, 'Well if this is going to be a lifetime achievement award that's fine...'

Roy Hobbs is a PR master, my wife and I had a baby a week ago just so I would have a more compelling reason to sit out this year than, 'I don't think I can do that again, it's exhausting!' Covered my scent well.

Haha.  It will be a little disappointing, not getting a chance to see your team flounder in the Finals this year.  Maybe your son can avenge you in the 2033 CelticsBlog Draft (although my daughter already has her strategy planned out, and says she isn't concerned with Junior Proceed).

Says the guy who, when playing from the beginning, has won 100% of the CelticsBlog Drafts he's participated in.  CrotoNats rule, New Daddies drool.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

There's never been a day in Roy's CB Life than when the All-American Good Guyz ( AKA Team built to beat LeBron) somehow lost the round before he had to face them.

Why not? I'll play.

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im in to GM if theres still room.

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
PR aspect is definitely over-rated. Wel atleast it seemed that way last year.

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
PR aspect is definitely over-rated. Wel atleast it seemed that way last year.
The PR aspects have definitely decided a couple of CB Draft championships. The ability to debate, promote your team's strengths, overcome the weaknesses that are presented against it and do so in a manner that doesn't offend voters against your team, is very big in the CB Draft.

Basically, Lebron couldn't win a CB Draft title until he won it in real life because of his public image and a bias against him on Celticsblog. It didn't matter who surrounded him. Kobe, will probably never win a CB Draft title, again because of bias and opinion of him here at CB. There are definitely biases for and against certain NBA players and because of that PR is supremely important. You have to get or avoid getting those players with positive and negative biases for and against them or build a team with other players and convince the board they can beat the best of the best.

Also, as GMs have played over and over again, they have become smarter and more experienced and so the teams have started to reach a level of parity and sometimes the difference is the PR done by the GMs. Its why Roy and IP are so good at the CB Draft. Besides being awesome negotiators when it comes to trade, they are PR masters at this game. Its why Roy has won his titles and why IP is constantly in the title game.

Debate friendly and effectively and PR your team's strengths while advocating against your teams weaknesses and against those you see as "the competition" and long term(over weeks) it definitely has an effect and it shows in the voting.

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 12:01:09 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Any early predictions on who is coming in second?

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Smart money is on ronaldo.

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 12:11:27 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Smart money is on ronaldo.

Aww you're making me blush  :-* It's an honor for you to think my team is going to make the Finals.  :)