Author Topic: does Bass, Crawford and a 2018 protected 1st get us Asik?  (Read 8531 times)

does Bass, Crawford and a 2018 protected 1st get us Asik?
« on: July 26, 2013, 08:10:40 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
For houston:
They need a player to play a longside dwight...Asik is just honna get in the way. Bass might be a good fit as he has a nice jumper AND it gives houston a defender to guard the lebrons and melos. Plus crawford can provide some bench scoring....
Lineup: lin, harden, parsons, bass, dwight ain't shabby.

For boston: simple give up two bench players to get a starting center.
Lineup: rondo, bradley, green, sully and asik plus bench of brooks pressy KO wallace and even one of the brazillains may be a good backup center is playoffs not contenders tho but if we can trade or acquire a star SG we would be...dunno who that is but I would trade hump and bradley or brooks plus a pick or 2 for him.....could we get Gay and start him at sg even tho he is more a sf?

Idk bout all this and its all prly been ment mentioned before but just my morning thoughts here

Re: does Bass, Crawford and a 2018 protected 1st get us Asik?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:28:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd hate to give up the 1st in the deal.  Would prefer to send Bass & Lee without a first (a second rounder would be preferable) instead of Crawford if they'd take it. 

2 solid players that would definitely firm up their roster.  Not sure how Lee or Houston would feel about reuniting though.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:31:24 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I think they could get a better haul, but I like the deal for us obviously.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Is Stuckey, Knight, and a 2018 protected first rounder enough to get Detroit Jeff Green?

I thought so.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd hate to give up the 1st in the deal.  Would prefer to send Bass & Lee without a first (a second rounder would be preferable) instead of Crawford if they'd take it. 

2 solid players that would definitely firm up their roster.  Not sure how Lee or Houston would feel about reuniting though.
Here we go again. Remember, both of those worked so well with Dwight, that Orlando let Lee walk, and shipped Bass out of town.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Here we go again. Remember, both of those worked so well with Dwight, that Orlando let Lee walk, and shipped Bass out of town.
perhaps I missed something back then but I didn't get the impression when those 2 left Orlando that it was due to them not playing well with Dwight.  If anything, they looked like they played rather well with him.

If it'd be preferable to Houston, swap KH for Bass and/or Crawford or Brooks for Lee.  Give them a couple of second rounders if it'd bring in Asik.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I just think that houston can get a better offer.

Little ridiculous about Bass and Lee tho. Magic made the finals with Dwight and Lee starting. Magic traded Lee which was almost universally considered a bad move.

I wouldn't say that Bass and Howard didn't work out either. Its more Bass isn't that great to begin with so he's not going to be fantastic next to any center.

He had one really good year with the celts and that's it.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Is Stuckey, Knight, and a 2018 protected first rounder enough to get Detroit Jeff Green?

I thought so.
why? 

Ok, to be clear:
Why do you want to send Green to Detroit
AND
Why would you take that little for him?
-->2 more guards we don't need and a protected 1st that's way, way, WAAAYYY down the line?  yuck

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

At that point, Brandon Bass was regarded as a lazy player with middling effort on the boards and defense, and took a long time to pick up plays. He's come a long way in Boston, and I think it's safe to say he's improved on all of those flaws.

The Magic traded Lee not because he didn't work well with Magic. At that time, they were in win-now mode and while Lee had a super promising potential, they needed a guy like Carter who had star power and also an ability to create his own shot.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

I thought so.

Nissed the correlation on this one.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think if Asik is a target, it would be with the TPE, or perhaps Humphries, and involving a third team to send Houston some players. 

One interesting idea could be Thaddeus Young.  I am not sure how sold on Young Philly is longterm, and maybe they would like to weaken their team even further for this year and open up even more cap space for next year.

Something like Humphries and Brooks (that is a great tanking duo) to Philly, Young to Houston, and Asik to Boston might make sense.  Maybe Houston would want Kwame as well for depth.

I think Young could be the type of player that Morey would covet, and Dwight would love to play with.  He basically would play the Rashard Lewis role as a shooting PF, who won't clog the paint for Dwight, but will also really run the floor in the up tempo system they run in Houston.

Philly gets a couple guys who will really help fill out the roster as they tank (and Brooks can even make some fans happy), but will come off the books next summer.  Philly has a chance to both be terrible this year, but reload really fast next summer with a ton of cap space, and a very deep free agent market to compliment all of the talented young guys. 

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'd say it gets you fairly close to being the right amount of value heading their way, but I don't think the fit is perfect enough for them to make the move.

Bass should compliment Howard's inside game well and Crawford is expiring, talented (offensively) and showed last year he can behave as long as his team is winning. It depends on whose 2018 pick we are sending them, but that is a solid start.

The problem I see is that Houston is going to want a solid enough big to fill in behind Howard if they are trading away Asik and not getting a star in return. If they aren't getting a guy like Rondo in return, they're going to want multiple pieces that are going to fit in with their current roster. I think if we could have included a guy like Iverson or Faverini then maybe they are more interested, but we can't move them and they can most likely get a better package for Asik anyway.

Bass, Crawford and 2 firsts should get it done, but I think that is too much given that he isn't the last piece to put us over the top.

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I thought so.

Yes :D

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
i hope, cause we need a center badly!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

I thought so.

Circumstantially.

I'd do it if we didn't have 2 SFs and 2 million SGs. Knight is a baller. Strong competitor and a smart guy overall - he had a 4.0 gpa in college.

I know you are trying to compare this trade with the OP trade, but they just aren't the same. Knight is actually a decent, young player that is NBA proven and has oodles of potential. When Kyrie Irving crossed him over in the Rising Stars challenge, he went back at him and hit a three in his face. Crawford isn't anywhere near as good a prospect as Knight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz1bdl-tTlA

I like Marcus Smart