Author Topic: Klay Thompsan or Bradley Beal?  (Read 5196 times)

Re: Klay Thompsan or Bradley Beal?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Beal easily. I think a better comparison would have been between Beal and Waiters though. In which case, I'd still prefer Beal. Thompson reminds me more of Hayward.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:34:28 PM by Vox_Populi »

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 09:28:38 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Beal will be better, in my opinion.  He's a better rebounder, a better athlete, and I think he could end up being a better defender than Thompson (Who, as others have mentioned, is a tad underrated defensively.).

I'd love to have either of them on the Celtics.

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Beal reminds me of Hershey Hawkins.  Similar size and skill set.  I think Beal is capable of shooting 40 percent from 3, average over 4 assists and get to the line around 5-6 times.  He seemed more focused on being a more rounded offensive player than Klay has thus far.

Klay and Kyle Korver's stats are not too dissimilar.  The rate they get to the line, assist rate, steal and block percentage...they're all in line.  Klay is sort of a version of Korver gifted with slightly more quickness and speed and better ballhandling, enabling him to take on more possessions but who uses his advantages to miss a lot more 2-point shots.  Korver himself is not a bad defender with surprisingly, even shockingly good lateral quickness but overall, an inferior defender to Klay proportionate to his inferior athleticism.   

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12:39 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Klay all day and twice on sunday. Has the height, and is a deadly shooter. Will be compared to ray allen soon.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Take note that while Klay is 6'7, Beal is 6'5. Klay is above average while Beal is average.

Athleticism is more important than sheer height at the wing position as well - something Beal has over Thompson.

Beal is also 3 years younger than Klay but has roughly put up similar stats.   

I think Thompson is going to have a great career. His floor is high, but I think Beal's ceiling is higher, so I'd go with him.

For what it's worth, I can imagine Klay Thompson becoming one of the best shooters the NBA has ever seen. He has the stroke for it, and I think he'll be a better shooter than Beal (but not better overall).
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 01:10:42 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Beal easily. I think a better comparison would have been between Beal and Waiters though. In which case, I'd still prefer Beal. Thompson reminds me more of Hayward.

How the heck does Thompson remind you of Hayward?  :o

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

How the heck does Thompson remind you of Hayward?  :o
Their size, shooting ability and athleticism are fairly comparable but Hayward's a better playmaker. Could just be me though.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 04:36:11 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
if the wizards stay healthy this year they may actually be exciting to watch