Author Topic: Brad Stevens' wife interview  (Read 1971 times)

Brad Stevens' wife interview
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:20:38 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
http://www.celticslife.com/2013/07/brad-stevens-wife-tracy-talks-about.html

... The wife of C's new head coach Brad Stevens discusses what their lives have been like since he got the job, as well as their plans for relocating to Boston.  You can definitely see the midwest friendliness bubbling out of her; and her neighborly attitude may be in for a small dose of culture shock upon arrival here in the northeast....

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1656678408001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAACEbKuIk~,RkxA-HnYhsHjIB343Cjd42KD5TRjQ1aP&bctid=2553709969001

Re: Brad Stevens' wife interview
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Great read. I checked out the full interview on Indystar.com. Hopefully their move to Boston is as un-stressful as it can possibly be. I found this interesting:

Q: You mentioned earlier that someone had said something mean about you on Twitter. How will you handle those situations?

A: I think they said I looked old enough to be Brad’s mom. People are cruel and ... you just have to deal with it. When you are dealing in the NBA, you are just opening yourself up to it. My biggest fear is for my children. I want them to understand that what people say about their dad and maybe even their mom is not important. That’s a hard lesson for an adult, so it’s a really hard lesson for a child. Those are some things we’re already trying to talk to the kids about.

Geez, I hope these weren't Celtics fans tweeting her this. We should be welcoming her, not sending her disparaging comments. Either way, I know the Stevens family will be welcomed in Boston.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
Her children will probably deal with criticism of their father in a more mature way than Doc Rivers kids did.   ;D

I've got to say I cant blame River's son for defending his Dad.  I'd probably done the same but made more of a fool out of myself.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A coach's wife should be off limits for insults.   That is pretty low.