Author Topic: BOS/ PHX/ CHA Trade  (Read 3557 times)

BOS/ PHX/ CHA Trade
« on: July 20, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kv33kgj

Boston gets the two big contracts and Lee's average one. Get a legit center, Gordon as an expiring, and Sessions to be PG until Rondo is back.

PHX deals Gortat so Len can start while getting an experienced vet to back him p, get the SF in MKG they want and need (deal Beasley later) and Humphries expiring or to keep should they deal Scola.

CHA is the hardest to accept but it's possible. This whole trade is based around the rumor they're looking to move MKG. They can bring back GWall as a leader and vet assuming he makes a comeback. Move Gordons expiring for a similar player in Lee as far less and a pg to replace Sessions.

Even if you think this is impossible, I'm trying to find a way we acquire a real center and a PG who can play now and back up Rondo later. The trade also helps our log jam at the 2,3, and 4 spots.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Re: BOS/ PHX/ CHA Trade
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Don't think Jordan bites, does he?
Maybe throw some picks and Bradley?
But why would we trade Bradley for Gordon? For dumping Gerald Wallace and having a wide open 2014 book, now that could turn out good for us in 2014 and 2015 free agency.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:21:10 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Not bad at all, especially considering the garbage others have posted before.

I agree that Charlotte is the hardest to accept as it's a bit of a longshot that they'd be willing to trade MKG and expirings for Wallace, Lee, and Marshall. I think it'd be more realistic if you kept out Sessions and Marshall, and then added a first round pick to Charlotte.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Charlotte never does that awful trade
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Charlotte would have to be crazy to do that trade.

And I'm not certain the Celtics should do it either.

Gortat would have been a fine piece (perhaps THE missing piece) for the Celtics the last couple of years.

But I don't think he makes sense to go after at this time.  He's a good center.  But he's not the kind of high-impact talent that you want to add to this young core for a rebuild.

I know folks are eager to just dump the Net's players, but be patient.   Wallace's contract is bad, but half of the cost was already mitigated by unloading Terry's contract.  And it's not unreasonable to think he will be able to rebuild his player value a lot, given new circumstances compared to last year (which was his only real 'bad' year in the last 8 seasons).   If he bounces back, his contract will actually have some decent trade value later on.

Humphries' expiring contract and Courtney Lee's player value could be better used in a more ambitious package.   Combined with draft picks and perhaps one of our prospects, there is not reason you couldn't use them to get a much bigger impact player than Gortat.

If no impact player is available, I expect Danny to instead make just a couple of minor moves to unload a little more salary.   And then he'll wait until a bigger deal is available.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Well, as others have pointed, Charlotte should never do that trade. Boston and Phoenix make out like bandits.

Boston gets the "Expiring Contract All-Stars" and get rid of Wallace's terrible salary.

Phoenix gets MKG, a nice expiring in Humphries and a cheap backup in Haywood, and they only have to give up Gortat (who isn't in their plans) and Kendall Marshall who they were reportedly trying to trade.

Charlotte sends Gordon (nice expiring) AND MKG (sophomore future star) AND Haywood AND Sessions, while taking on Gerald Wallace's money. No way, they're not that dumb.

Then there is the limitation to combine Wallace and Humphries with other players in trades until september(?).

I think it's a good idea swapping Courtney Lee's 3 years for an expiring/TPE + a pick, or for a multiyear bad contract + first round pick, but Humphries should go as soon as possible, and Wallace will have to stay because nobody is taking him without getting picks/good players. And that's not the plan, or at least I hope that's not the plan.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
The people I'd be trying to move are Bass and Lee.  Wallace is almost unmovable unless we take back equally bad money. 

If we let our expiring contracts expire, and can move Bass, Lee, and Brooks for picks or expiring deals we are going to get well below the cap.