Author Topic: Nate Robinson to the Nuggets  (Read 2187 times)

Nate Robinson to the Nuggets
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Big blow to the Bulls in my opinion.  He also won't make up for Iggy leaving.  This is a very weird development, although par for the course for a player who is on his 6th team in 9 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/nuggets/2013/07/22/nate-robinson-denver-nuggets/2575663/

Re: Nate Robinson to the Nuggets
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Big blow to the Bulls in my opinion.

It's not as if there was any chance of him returning to Chicago.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Big blow to the Bulls in my opinion.  He also won't make up for Iggy leaving.  This is a very weird development, although par for the course for a player who is on his 6th team in 9 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/nuggets/2013/07/22/nate-robinson-denver-nuggets/2575663/

I agree

He was better on the Bulls and its the Bull's lost
and him signing with the Nuggets won't do anything, he won't fill the void left by Iggy...

but then again as long as Nate gets paid

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:25:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think the Bulls lose anything. Thibs clearly wasn't comfortable with him and Teague needs to sink or swim in the backup PG role anyways.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 04:27:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Chicago will be better off without him. The Bulls are shaping up brilliantly heading into next season. Really impressed with them. They look the best equipped team to take down Miami to my eyes.

Not sure what Denver are doing. They are already have a better backup PG in Andre Miller. It feels like they are just making moves to make them. JJ Hickson and Nate Robinson. No need for either one of them. They need to make some trades to restructure their roster. Too much redundancy.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
He was in talks with Dalla?! The Monta Haveitall / Nate Rob back court would have been captivating.

Like a used car lot... "No shot turned away. All shots on the table."

Chicago will be better off without him. The Bulls are shaping up brilliantly heading into next season. Really impressed with them. They look the best equipped team to take down Miami to my eyes.

Not sure what Denver are doing. They are already have a better backup PG in Andre Miller. It feels like they are just making moves to make them. JJ Hickson and Nate Robinson. No need for either one of them. They need to make some trades to restructure their roster. Too much redundancy.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Chicago is getting Rose back.  They'll be fine.

Denver, on the other hand, is going nowhere.  What in the hell have they done to a team that had its most successful (regular) season ever last year?  The coach, GM, and best player are gone, and they've made some really questionable signings.  Very bizarre.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:08:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Denver, on the other hand, is going nowhere.  What in the hell have they done to a team that had its most successful (regular) season ever last year?  The coach, GM, and best player are gone, and they've made some really questionable signings.  Very bizarre.

I think they'll barely make the playoffs, and then get swept by Houston in the first round.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

I think they'll barely make the playoffs, and then get swept by Houston in the first round.

Where do you think Houston finishes in the West?  I see three teams that I think will have a better regular season than them.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:23 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Is Andre Miller still on the Nuggets?  Does this mean they're gonna play Lawson, Miller, and Robinson significant minutes in that rotation?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Is Andre Miller still on the Nuggets?  Does this mean they're gonna play Lawson, Miller, and Robinson significant minutes in that rotation?
They signed Randy Foye too. A lot of undersized backcourts.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
A Bulls team where they are relying on Nate Robsinson that much on offense was never really legit.

Rose is probably an okay substitute.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford