Author Topic: Two mid-season trades that consolidate our contracts: Amare and Perk  (Read 12295 times)

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lg7558z

(Jeremy Lamb is in place of Adams because it wouldn't let me put him in and the C's get a first as well).

First trade:
Boston in:
Stoudemire

NYK in:
Humphries and Wallace

Second trade:
Boston in:
Perkins, Jones III, Dallas 2014 first round pick (top 20 protected until 2018 when unprotected)

OKC in:
Asik

HOU in:
Bass, Adams, Crawford

We consolidate our bad contracts into $30m between Stoudemire and Perkins and in the process we pick up PJ3 and a future first for our troubles. Rondo will be happy to have his buddy back and the Celtics will have over 40m in cap space in 2015 to resign Rondo and chase other max players through free agency/trades to add to our remaining young assets.  If we wait until mid-season and hold out/limit Rondo for a while we should have racked up enough losses to get a pick in the 5-10 range.

The Knicks pick up two guys who can contribute to their team now, splitting Amare's 2 year 20m deal into Humprhies expiring 12m deal and Wallace's 3 year 10m deal. Stoudemire is too much of an injury concern to be reliable and isn't going to like coming off the bench like Woodson suggested. At least now they'll be paying guys who will actually be on the court (and I think Wallace should bounce back some after his horrible season).

OKC gets Asik who will help take them to the next level while retaining the toughness that Perk added. They have to give up the first to get us to take on Perk's contract and Asik is worth Adams and PJ3 when you consider what an upgrade he will be for them.

Houston says they're not interested in moving Asik, but I don't see him working well with Howard and he has been pretty clear about his desire to be a starter. Bass compliments Howard well as a shooting PF, which is a position of need for them, and Adams takes over the back up center duties.The Celtics should offer to throw in Crawford or Randolph if they're interested in either.

New Roster:
Perkins/Olynyk/Melo
Stoudemire/Sullinger/Olynyk
Green/Jones III/Bogans
Bradley/Brooks/Lee
Rondo/Pressey

Re: Two mid-season trades that consolidate our contracts: Amare and Perk
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I don't think that's happening, Humphries and Wallace for Stoudemire??

I doubt the Knicks will bite, unless we throw in like a pick or two for him.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:45 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Not bad but im not sure ownership is going to want to deal with paying Amare 23mill in his last year as opposed to 2 yrs at 10mill for wallace. His injury status also leaves his contract uninsured making him a scary addition to any team.

I like most of the basic idea of this deal. Asik to OKC makes alot of sense, as does Perk coming back to boston while boston clears out longer contracts.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think we'll be all that interested in Amar'e unless we're dumping more salary beyond Wallace's which extends to next year. Otherwise we're taking on too much salary in a lump.

Also I doubt NYK want to tie up even more cap room going forward, they have to be looking for true flexibility after Amar'e expires.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:42:48 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yes, please, let's take on two huge terrible contracts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Amare is done.

Perkins is a pipe dream for those who categorically refuse to move on from what was a very good Ainge trade.

Both are severely in decline, and are not worth any of the "assets" we have accumulated.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:21:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Amare is done.

Perkins is a pipe dream for those who categorically refuse to move on from what was a very good Ainge trade.

Both are severely in decline, and are not worth any of the "assets" we have accumulated.

Perk may not be worth assets but I would gladly take him on in exchange for our worse or comparable contracts. He brings leadership and toughness to a team and that is invaluable in the NBA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
honestly.... i like it..everyone benefits in my opinion. Can you imagine the mega cap relief in 2015???? actuallly... i LOVE IT

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
honestly.... i like it..everyone benefits in my opinion. Can you imagine the mega cap relief in 2015???? actuallly... i LOVE IT
What mega salary relief? We'd only get relief on the last year of Wallace's contract. The price of which would be taking on an extra 13 million or so the year before.

Bass is signed for 2 more years just like Perkins.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
What mega salary relief? We'd only get relief on the last year of Wallace's contract. The price of which would be taking on an extra 13 million or so the year before.

Bass is signed for 2 more years just like Perkins.
yea but in the mean time id rather have amare, perk, pj3, and another 2014 1st then bass and wallace.

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Amare is done.

Perk may not be worth assets but I would gladly take him on in exchange for our worse or comparable contracts. He brings leadership and toughness to a team and that is invaluable in the NBA.

A myth, plain and simple.

Perkins is right behind Amare on his way out the door of the league.

Ainge is supposed to be collecting assets, not binkies for fans.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Both Perkins and Amare will be around the league for a while yet. They'll just be low salary guys, both still bring one useful skill set.

Amare is an extremely efficient post scorer still and Perkins is still a solid rim protector and brute force big man. Both of those skill sets will allow them to stick around for a long while. (see Kwame Brown and other big stiffs)

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I'd much rather just do these trades

Amare for Wallace, Bass, Lee

Perkins, Thabeet, Dal 1st, OKC 1st for Humphries, Melo

Drop 16 million off the 15/16 team allowing Boston to be a major player in the summer of 2015 (Love, Aldridge, etc. will be available then), swap project centers, and a couple of 1sts.  And if Amare actually stays healthy and is even 80% of what he once was the trade could be a major coup.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lg7558z

(Jeremy Lamb is in place of Adams because it wouldn't let me put him in and the C's get a first as well).

First trade:
Boston in:
Stoudemire

NYK in:
Humphries and Wallace

Second trade:
Boston in:
Perkins, Jones III, Dallas 2014 first round pick (top 20 protected until 2018 when unprotected)

OKC in:
Asik

HOU in:
Bass, Adams, Crawford

We consolidate our bad contracts into $30m between Stoudemire and Perkins and in the process we pick up PJ3 and a future first for our troubles. Rondo will be happy to have his buddy back and the Celtics will have over 40m in cap space in 2015 to resign Rondo and chase other max players through free agency/trades to add to our remaining young assets.  If we wait until mid-season and hold out/limit Rondo for a while we should have racked up enough losses to get a pick in the 5-10 range.

The Knicks pick up two guys who can contribute to their team now, splitting Amare's 2 year 20m deal into Humprhies expiring 12m deal and Wallace's 3 year 10m deal. Stoudemire is too much of an injury concern to be reliable and isn't going to like coming off the bench like Woodson suggested. At least now they'll be paying guys who will actually be on the court (and I think Wallace should bounce back some after his horrible season).

OKC gets Asik who will help take them to the next level while retaining the toughness that Perk added. They have to give up the first to get us to take on Perk's contract and Asik is worth Adams and PJ3 when you consider what an upgrade he will be for them.

Houston says they're not interested in moving Asik, but I don't see him working well with Howard and he has been pretty clear about his desire to be a starter. Bass compliments Howard well as a shooting PF, which is a position of need for them, and Adams takes over the back up center duties.The Celtics should offer to throw in Crawford or Randolph if they're interested in either.

New Roster:
Perkins/Olynyk/Melo
Stoudemire/Sullinger/Olynyk
Green/Jones III/Bogans
Bradley/Brooks/Lee
Rondo/Pressey

I appreciate the thought you put into this post, but I really think the Perk was a product of being next to Garnett.  Amare would be nice though.

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
I'm not sure Houston does that deal....I bet they could get more for Asik somewhere else
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle