Author Topic: Colton Iverson may be going to Turkey?  (Read 15239 times)

Re: Colton Iverson may be going to Turkey?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 01:19:49 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If this is confirmed, and Colton is playing in Turkey, this means great news. The top Turkish clubs are spending boatloads of money to bring the best players in Europe to their league. He'll play against real seven footers and he'll play more minutes there, so it's all good for him.

For the Celtics, this means Danny can package Shav+Crawford and bring back a TPE or expiring contract, or maybe Phoenix is so desperate to get rid of Kendall Marshall that we can bring him to the Cs for those two. That would be the first of many more moves, but it probably eases the pressure on roster total number.

Good call. I'm also wondering if Danny sits Olynyk as 6th man ans starts Shavlik or the brazillian.

Brazillian (not named melo)
Sully
Green
Bradley
Rondo

Pressey back up pg.
Olynyk back up pf.
Brooks back up sg.
Randolph back up C.
Wallace back up SF.

Would Dallas take courtney lee from us for a 2nd rounder?
Move humphries or Bass now and other at deadline.
Keep wallace because we need to fill salary minimum unless he goes out in rondo deal of some kind.
Iverson overseas and send crawford +2nd rounder for Kendall Marshall to play back up pg/sg duties.

Young team playing its heart out that is almost guaranteed a top 6-8 pick due to youth and inexperience.

Why would Phoenix be so desperate to get rid of someone on a rookie contract with a team option for the following year?

And on what planet is Lee's value comparable to a 2nd round pick?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Jay King tweeted this a couple of hours ago:

Jay King ‏@ByJayKing 2h

Source: Colton Iverson has not signed with a team in Turkey and no decision yet has been made on his future.

Good news IMO, as I firmly believes he belongs on the team, getting some playing time this year.

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
better pack  heat if he goes.......

like the Wild West over there

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The D-league seems to me better suited to developing guards, I think colten will be better served in turkey while the Cs see if Fab is going to sink or swim.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Turkey is admist a political mess, Colton will not like there. But basketballwise he could be a realba$$ back in Boston. Depending of the team, he gets to play Euroleague and he gets to bang with the biggest and the baddest unskilled-dirtyplaying-giants in the craziest of arenas in the bb-world. That should get him ready to do some dirty laundry in the NBA. Coz heīs a bada$$ already.

PS: And Turkey really isnīt europe.

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

Not that it matters a lot, but Turkey has a European part and an Asian part. Bosphorus is the limit.

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 06:44:42 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum

Not that it matters a lot, but Turkey has a European part and an Asian part. Bosphorus is the limit.

Turkey is not a part of europe.

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

As the one claiming that Colton Iverson is going to be a badass, I would've figured that you'd let the details slide.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 06:58:52 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum

As the one claiming that Colton Iverson is going to be a badass, I would've figured that you'd let the details slide.

Look at the map, read about it. My statement is a fact. PM me if you want to discuss this, this is a wrong place to talk about that.

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Look at the map, read about it. My statement is a fact. PM me if you want to discuss this, this is a wrong place to talk about that.

I'm actually in full agreement with you.

I just feel like making jokes about C.I.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum

I'm actually in full agreement with you.

I just feel like making jokes about C.I.

Ah, okay. And all I meant originally, that after CI lives through this, MSG isnīt so scary  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TZpqjgi5U

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosphorus

you're welcome

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

you're welcome

True, but only about 3% of Turkey's land mass is in Europe.  It is primarily in Asia Minor, which is part of Asia.

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2013, 08:30:01 PM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Iverson is much better served playing in Turkey. He will play a lot more and at a much higher level of competition. As people have pointed out, its also an extremely difficult place to play and he will learn a ton. For a kid from the Midwest, he will grow up pretty [dang] fast. Don't see why him playing 3 minutes a night in Boston is better, nor is him playing 20 minutes in Maine. The D League isn't great because I don't think the players REALLY care about winning. Its more of a place to get minutes, but the intensity levels aren't that high. In Turkey, you are playing for a title that people are TRULY PASSIONATE about. I doubt anyone at Maine cared whether they won the league title or not... does it even exist?

In any case, Iverson will go into a completely foreign environment and he will have to learn fast. He'll play hard against very good competition and the intensity levels will be high. He will be banging with some big units there who care as much or more about that next rebound as he does. He's the perfect guy to go play in Turkey.

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell

you're welcome

True, but only about 3% of Turkey's land mass is in Europe.  It is primarily in Asia Minor, which is part of Asia.

Nobody said it was 50/50. But Istambul is half European, half Asian. And it doesn't matter a lot, as I said first, but facts are facts.