Author Topic: Colton Iverson may be going to Turkey?  (Read 15259 times)

Re: Colton Iverson may be going to Turkey?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm disappointed at this news. Presuming that Danny doesn't bring in another center this offseason, Iverson should be here and be playing.

Sully, Bass, and Humphries are 4s, and though KO has the height for C, he's really a 4 too, which leaves only Fav and Fab, and more and more I'm coming to believe that Fab will never be an NBA player. Iverson is certainly better than him at this point, and to me has more potential, so I'd rather see Fab cut and Iverson stick.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm disappointed at this news. Presuming that Danny doesn't bring in another center this offseason, Iverson should be here and be playing.

Sully, Bass, and Humphries are 4s, and though KO has the height for C, he's really a 4 too, which leaves only Fav and Fab, and more and more I'm coming to believe that Fab will never be an NBA player. Iverson is certainly better than him at this point, and to me has more potential, so I'd rather see Fab cut and Iverson stick.

This make me think DA has a deal in the works for a C if this is all true.

Asik or Aldridge?

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

This make me think DA has a deal in the works for a C if this is all true.

Asik or Aldridge?

I'd sure be happy with either, especially LA.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
If this is confirmed, and Colton is playing in Turkey, this means great news. The top Turkish clubs are spending boatloads of money to bring the best players in Europe to their league. He'll play against real seven footers and he'll play more minutes there, so it's all good for him.

For the Celtics, this means Danny can package Shav+Crawford and bring back a TPE or expiring contract, or maybe Phoenix is so desperate to get rid of Kendall Marshall that we can bring him to the Cs for those two. That would be the first of many more moves, but it probably eases the pressure on roster total number.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Wasn't this already confirmed a long while ago? Right after getting drafted, I remember Iverson's camp saying that they would look overseas to develop rather than the D-League. They didn't have an agreement reached just yet, but the plan was pretty much settled.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
If this is confirmed, and Colton is playing in Turkey, this means great news. The top Turkish clubs are spending boatloads of money to bring the best players in Europe to their league. He'll play against real seven footers and he'll play more minutes there, so it's all good for him.

For the Celtics, this means Danny can package Shav+Crawford and bring back a TPE or expiring contract, or maybe Phoenix is so desperate to get rid of Kendall Marshall that we can bring him to the Cs for those two. That would be the first of many more moves, but it probably eases the pressure on roster total number.

Good call. I'm also wondering if Danny sits Olynyk as 6th man ans starts Shavlik or the brazillian.

Brazillian (not named melo)
Sully
Green
Bradley
Rondo

Pressey back up pg.
Olynyk back up pf.
Brooks back up sg.
Randolph back up C.
Wallace back up SF.

Would Dallas take courtney lee from us for a 2nd rounder?
Move humphries or Bass now and other at deadline.
Keep wallace because we need to fill salary minimum unless he goes out in rondo deal of some kind.
Iverson overseas and send crawford +2nd rounder for Kendall Marshall to play back up pg/sg duties.

Young team playing its heart out that is almost guaranteed a top 6-8 pick due to youth and inexperience.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Wasn't this already confirmed a long while ago? Right after getting drafted, I remember Iverson's camp saying that they would look overseas to develop rather than the D-League. They didn't have an agreement reached just yet, but the plan was pretty much settled.

They say this is the worst case scenario. As in they won't cut him, they'll stash him overseas at worst.

Best case scenario presumably is he plays in BOS.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

Good call. I'm also wondering if Danny sits Olynyk as 6th man ans starts Shavlik or the brazillian.

Brazillian (not named melo)
Sully
Green
Bradley
Rondo

Pressey back up pg.
Olynyk back up pf.
Brooks back up sg.
Randolph back up C.
Wallace back up SF.

Would Dallas take courtney lee from us for a 2nd rounder?
Move humphries or Bass now and other at deadline.
Keep wallace because we need to fill salary minimum unless he goes out in rondo deal of some kind.
Iverson overseas and send crawford +2nd rounder for Kendall Marshall to play back up pg/sg duties.

Young team playing its heart out that is almost guaranteed a top 6-8 pick due to youth and inexperience.
THIS

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i like Iverson

we need another solid big off the bench

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Colton would be useful  for us .....I think more than Fab way I see it

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

I'm absolutely disappointed. This is the year to develop raw young talent like CI. Develop them in the Celts org in the N.B.A.
Was he gonna hurt our chances at banner 18 this year ::) We got a great assistant that coulda worked with him >:(

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Makes no sense! Save a roster spot for who? Don't we want a young team, where we are developing players without the worry of winning games? CI is exactly what we want and need on this years team, not vets like Bass and Lee who have no more potential, or Fab, who CI is already miles ahead of, in terms of talent and desire!
IMO, big mistake, if true---but I'll wait to see if the article is the same as us having already signed Ditome to a contract! ::)
Melo and the other are already under contract.

You also might be confused about expectations for Iverson. We are hoping that he could he an NBA caliber player. Lee and Bass are already rotations guys. If Iverson way outperforms expectations, he probably still isn't as good as either Lee or Bass. Iverson is looking like one of those guys you bring out against certain matchups when people are in foul trouble.

This is the best solution. We retain our rights and we subtract one from the roster. He gets a chance to develop and we aren't forced to cut him.

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I don't see why Iverson would have more potential. He's already a year older than Melo and he's been playing far longer, so it seems far more likely that he will experience a lot less improvement than Melo.

That doesn't mean that their of them will ever matter in the NBA. Maybe the Celtics really didn't care about either guy at this point, but Melo is sticking because he has a contract.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

I don't see why Iverson would have more potential. He's already a year older than Melo and he's been playing far longer, so it seems far more likely that he will experience a lot less improvement than Melo.

That doesn't mean that their of them will ever matter in the NBA. Maybe the Celtics really didn't care about either guy at this point, but Melo is sticking because he has a contract.

Strongly but politely disagree.
Melo played another sport until later in life. I don't know if he was ever good at Soccer. I would speculate no since he changed sports. He has a hand eye coordination problem that is evident when a 6'5 220lb dude wrestles the ball away or stuffs him at the rim. He was a 7' A.B by the looks on their faces when the got on the parquet. Avery got better. Maybe Fab does too? I doubt it strongly. I disagree with your using CI and his age which is a whopping..what? He can play the "Perk" role with a polishing of the skill set he displayed in just 3 S.L. games. No baby hook or anything. Box out, punish in the paint, go after boards. He would probably exceed Perk in board crashing as that wasn't a Perk specialty.

Be patient with a guy we drafted 2 years ago and has had a season of D.L. and 2 S.L.'s but not give the guy we just got some time makes no sense to me.

The brazilian Center..man what the hell?

This is us for the 1st time in years getting to develop young talent "live"...one part of rebuilding I will enjoy...LET ME SEE MY BOY!!! ;D

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
And another binky is swept from the arms of CelticsBlog.

Let the wailing wall stand occupied.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.