Poll

What would you be prepared to give up for LaMarcus Aldridge? (Other than Rondo)

Jeff green+lee+ first rounder
8 (19.5%)
Avery Bradley, humphries, Olynyk +2 first round picks
8 (19.5%)
Jared Sullinger+ Bass+ 2 first rounders
7 (17.1%)
Olynyk,Bradley, Kris Humphries + first rounder
6 (14.6%)
Avery, Melo,olynyk +3 first rounders
3 (7.3%)
Bass, lee, Sully and 2 first rounders
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: What would you be prepared to give up for LaMarcus Aldridge?  (Read 7585 times)

Re: What would you be prepared to give up for LaMarcus Aldridge?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 10:57:30 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
These trades are nice for the Celtics but aren't enough for a guy like LMA.

We would have to give up 2 of our young pieces (Green, Avery, Sullinger, KO), 2 first rounders, and possibly expirings instead of just filler contracts.

I'm not so sure.

If LMA decides not to resign with the Blazers, then it depends on what the Blazers can get back in a trade. I think the Celtics actually do have a lot to offer in the way of trade assets between filler, draft picks and young assets, and potentially could offer more than other teams.

In other words, the question isn't what Portland would accept, but rather who else might be competing with Boston to land LMA (and what those other teams might be offering).

In any case, I wouldn't break the bank for LMA. Patience is the name of the game here, and it likely means a few years of misery for Boston fans until the right player becomes available....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Anything but rondo? No brainer

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
1. Blazers have said they aren't looking for draft picks. A trade based around our cache of first rounders won't cut it.
2. Portland has been targeting guys like Griffin, Noah, and Davis. Obviously they're not getting them, but this is another indication Portland isn't looking to get rebuilding assets.
3. Portland has all the leverage. LMA has 2 years left, and while he's expressed interest, he hasn't officially demanded a trade yet. They're not going to trade for cents on the dollar - yet.

If Boston is making a move for LMA, it's most likely not going to be until next offseason, unless something drastic happens. And when they do, a garbage package involving Sullinger + Bass + picks won't cut it. Quite honestly, we're going to have to let go of Green, or involve a third team.

That being said, I would love to have LMA in Boston. He would make a killer tandem with Rondo. Also, contrary to popular belief here, LMA is very underrated. Yes, he can't carry a team to a championship on his own, but then again, how many players can? Very few. LMA's skillset has and will continue to make him an awesome second option on a contending team.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I would offer

AB
Sully or KO
Humpheries expiring
2 1st rd picks

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The question isn't what would you give up, it is what would Portland want and therein lies the rub.

I think something like this would probably work for both teams

Aldridge, Matthews

for

Sullinger, Bradley, Brooks, Melo (if they want), Humphries, 2014 Brooklyn 1st (top 16 protected or something like that), 2015 Boston 1st (lottery protected)

Leaves Boston

PG - Rondo, Pressey
SG - Matthews, Lee, Crawford
SF - Green, Wallace, Bogans
PF - Aldridge, Bass, Randolph
C - Olynyk, Wilcox, Iverson

I'm sure Aldridge would play a fair amount at center to allow Wallace and Bass more time at PF to optimize the lineup with the better players.  Not a title contender, but a good solid mid-range playoff team in the East that with one more move could jump into the upper echelon and is young enough to do so.

No chance they include Mathews. He's a quality starting guard on a fair contract.
They are getting Bradley and Brooks in the trade, how many SG's do they need?  And his reasonable contract is just under 8 million in each of the next two years.  It doesn't make sense for them to pay him that much given the current direction of their team (post-trade).  If they don't include Matthews, then Boston needs to take out Bradley from the trade as Boston needs a starting SG.  I think they would rather have Bradley (and the big savings in dollars) and Boston (post-trade) Matthews makes more sense for.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Wouldn't give KO (let the dude play first) or Sullinger right now (and no way in hell would give up Green), but could trade AB + expiring (or 2 average contracts) plus clippers pick, another 1st and maybe a 2nd or two. Don't see they would do it, since as Cman said other teams will also enter the competition. But he is a FA ending next season so it could backfire on them (or us if he come here and leaves as FA). 
I would rather "save" and use more resources for others players, or in the case of selecting some Big Man for a trade that would involve Sullinger, try to get DeMarcus Cousins, who is younger and will get us more results for many years to come.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'm not sure, but I'd hope to leave enough in the cupboard to add Cousins to LMA and Rondo.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Bradley is the second oldest member of the Celtics team behind Rondo it seems.

I'm all up for trading him. His defense will be missed! But his atrocious offense won't be.

Sully is a keeper.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
to be honest

aldridge, KO and Sully seems .....fun

to say the very least in the offense

SAD

to say the very least in deffense

still

FUN
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
to be honest

aldridge, KO and Sully seems .....fun

to say the very least in the offense

SAD

to say the very least in deffense

still

FUN
hmmmmm.  I love defense.  (Amost as much as I love fun.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Nothing this year. I think we're swinging for the (tanking) fence and wouldn't want to move our only equivalent asset (Rondo) for LMA. Aldridge makes us a playoff team for sure. If he's really unhappy in Portland I'd let him stew there another season and try to steal him in a deal summer 2014. He'll be on the last year of his deal, still upset with the lack of progress from Portland and wanting out. That is when the Celtics with a healthy Rondo and a young stud from the 2014 draft class offer Green/AB and the LAC 2015 1st rounder for him. Right now Portland has all the leverage. With Aldridge threatening to walk we have a chance to snag him for assets.

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nobody. We rebuilding. Plus what has aldridge done for portland so far? I dont even think they made the playoffs since he was drafted. He can provide more impact on both ends but he doesnt imo. Shys away from the rough stuff is also a pet peeve of mine. I rather keep sully and olynyk.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Nobody. We rebuilding. Plus what has aldridge done for portland so far? I dont even think they made the playoffs since he was drafted. He can provide more impact on both ends but he doesnt imo. Shys away from the rough stuff is also a pet peeve of mine. I rather keep sully and olynyk.
They made the playoffs three years in a row with him on the roster.

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 12:42:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They made the playoffs three years in a row with him on the roster.

Fair enough. Dont think they made past the 1st round though. He is not the only one to blame but for the kind of money he makes i would expect more.

Bottom line is i wouldnt make a trade for him

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I would offer

AB
Sully or KO
Humpheries expiring
2 1st rd picks

This. Which is why we have to play them a lot this year guide them to be as productive as they can be.

I already said in a thread I made that if either Sully or KO averages 15/7 in this year, their potential and adding Humph and a proven player along with picks this year could be a solid package offer.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace