Author Topic: Lamarcus Aldridge might get traded at some point (merged)  (Read 25553 times)

Re: Lamarcus Aldridge might get traded at some point (merged)
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2013, 06:05:11 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
yeah, anything short of Green+Bradley is not going to get it done. 

but we really need to keep those 2 along with Rondo and LA if were to compete.  maybe a 3-team deal can work where we send Hump/Sully/picks?  idk, seems like a long shot...

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

but we really need to keep those 2 along with Rondo and LA if were to compete.  maybe a 3-team deal can work where we send Hump/Sully/picks?  idk, seems like a long shot...

I would do this trade in a heartbeat, but doubt that Portland would.

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:10 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
how about this 3 teamer?

Bucks send:  Udoh, Ridnour
Bucks recieve:   Wallace, 1st rounder

Celts send:  Hump, Wallace, Bradley, Sully, three 1sts
Celts receive:  Aldridge

Blazers send:  Aldrige
Blazers recieve:  Udoh, Humphries, Bradley, Sully, two 1sts

??

Blazers get solid young talent who are on a combined $19M in expiring deals.  Lots of flexibility going forward when combined with those two extra 1st rounders.
Lillard/Bradley/Mathews/Robinson/Udoh could be a pretty solid lineup, and if not they can easily reset in 2014 free agency.

Bucks trade two dimes for a quarter & get a 1st rounder for their trouble.

Celts fast forward the rebuild, end up with a lineup that goes as far as Rondo can take us:
Rondo / Ridnour
Lee / Crawford / Brooks
Green / Bogans
Bass / Olynyk
Aldridge

and you still have that TE + extra 1sts to make a subsiquent deal to further bolster the front line, maybe someone like Asik.   

but...any chance this is enough for Portland to move LA?

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »

Offline The_Pistol

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1

we can ask for Rose Garden  as well, just to have another place to train when we play in the West :P 8)

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2013, 06:59:40 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Portland and Milwaukee say no. Portland gets absolutely no high-impact players. Milwaukee isn't trading away a young asset and an expiring for one of the worst contracts in the league, even if it's coming with a 1st rounder.

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
how about this 3 teamer?

Bucks send:  Udoh, Ridnour
Bucks recieve:   Wallace, 1st rounder

Celts send:  Hump, Wallace, Bradley, Sully, three 1sts
Celts receive:  Aldridge

Blazers send:  Aldrige
Blazers recieve:  Udoh, Humphries, Bradley, Sully, two 1sts

??

Blazers get solid young talent who are on a combined $19M in expiring deals.  Lots of flexibility going forward when combined with those two extra 1st rounders.
Lillard/Bradley/Mathews/Robinson/Udoh could be a pretty solid lineup, and if not they can easily reset in 2014 free agency.

Bucks trade two dimes for a quarter & get a 1st rounder for their trouble.

Celts fast forward the rebuild, end up with a lineup that goes as far as Rondo can take us:
Rondo / Ridnour
Lee / Crawford / Brooks
Green / Bogans
Bass / Olynyk
Aldridge

and you still have that TE + extra 1sts to make a subsiquent deal to further bolster the front line, maybe someone like Asik.   

Sully, Bradley, a $12 million expiring contract and 3 1st rounders for Aldridge??

For Durant or Lebron or Howard...okay, I see that. For Aldridge?? No way. Not even close.

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Lamarcus Aldridge would be great to have... If it wasnt this year.. He wouldnt fit in our plans this year to try and get one of those superstars in next years draft.

If Ainge could acquire LMA and still have the assets left over and opportunity to acquire another high-level player, shouldn't the Celtics consider shifting gears and going with a win-now strategy instead of hoping to draft a superstar?

The team should be flexible and not have the tunnel vision of being locked onto one path.

For sure, but it would depend on the other player in question and whether that player would really be the next piece for a title.
Adding a 27 year old all-star PF who is under contract for 2 more years (just like Rondo) certainly qualifies.

Now I don't think Portland would have any interest in any trade package the C's could offer, so its all just fun speculation.

Yeah, this is just it to me as well. I read on Hoopshype today that they're looking for a relative player and are not interested in just picks. So I don't think the Celtics have what they're looking for.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Lamarcus Aldridge would be great to have... If it wasnt this year.. He wouldnt fit in our plans this year to try and get one of those superstars in next years draft.

If Ainge could acquire LMA and still have the assets left over and opportunity to acquire another high-level player, shouldn't the Celtics consider shifting gears and going with a win-now strategy instead of hoping to draft a superstar?

The team should be flexible and not have the tunnel vision of being locked onto one path.

For sure, but it would depend on the other player in question and whether that player would really be the next piece for a title.
Adding a 27 year old all-star PF who is under contract for 2 more years (just like Rondo) certainly qualifies.

Now I don't think Portland would have any interest in any trade package the C's could offer, so its all just fun speculation.

Yeah, this is just it to me as well. I read on Hoopshype today that they're looking for a relative player and are not interested in just picks. So I don't think the Celtics have what they're looking for.

We have all of the pieces that every team is looking for, whatever that may be; it's a matter of whether it's worth trading what they want for LMA.  There's no point in making a lateral move, after all, for either team.

They need more pieces, we need fewer.

Bradley, Sully, Hump, plus picks?

I'd be looking to keep Rondo, Green, and Olynyk to go with LMA; everything else is up for grabs.  Limit 2 1sts, one of them from the Clips, though.

AB, Sully, and picks are our best pieces, but AB's deal is up soon, and Sully is coming off of surgery.  Bummer, eh?

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I actually see an Aldridge for Pau Gasol move being the nmost likely trade for Portland. Gasol still has years left and Portland could always give him an extension at a lower price once traded there, sort of like what Boston did with KG. LA then turns Gasol's expiring contract into a younger, long term piece to put with Kobe and possibly a major free agent next year.

If Portland is looking for a lateral trade, this seems like the most likely scenario.

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I actually see an Aldridge for Pau Gasol move being the nmost likely trade for Portland. Gasol still has years left and Portland could always give him an extension at a lower price once traded there, sort of like what Boston did with KG. LA then turns Gasol's expiring contract into a younger, long term piece to put with Kobe and possibly a major free agent next year.

If Portland is looking for a lateral trade, this seems like the most likely scenario.

Except a trade like that hasn't been pulled off since Milwaukee looked so foolish for dumping a 27 year old Ray Allen for a 34 year old Gary Payton (who promptly left to chase a ring in free agency).
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Boston sends: Bass, Lee, Sullinger, Crawford, 1st round
Portland sends: Aldridge, Matthews Freeland
Houston sends: Asik

Boston gets: Aldridge, Freeland
Portland gets: Asik, Bass, Lee, Sullinger, 1st round
Houston gets: Matthews, Crawford

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »

Offline The_Pistol

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Boston sends: Bass, Lee, Sullinger, Crawford, 1st round
Portland sends: Aldridge, Matthews Freeland
Houston sends: Asik

Boston gets: Aldridge, Freeland
Portland gets: Asik, Bass, Lee, Sullinger, 1st round
Houston gets: Matthews, Crawford
if sully didnt have his injury last year,and if he kept on developing his frontcourt game this could actually work i think.
cause Portland gets Asik as well.
not sure if HOU is gonna take it though

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Except a trade like that hasn't been pulled off since Milwaukee looked so foolish for dumping a 27 year old Ray Allen for a 34 year old Gary Payton (who promptly left to chase a ring in free agency).
Lateral trades at the same position happen all the time.

Ray Felton - Andre Miller
Brandon Bass - Glen Davis
Stephen Jackson - Richard Jefferson

And that's just the 2011-2012 season.

If you are talking lateral move where there is an age difference well a 34 year old Payton and a 33 year old Gasol are on two different playing levels. That was Payton's last truly good to great year. Gasol probably still has 3-4 good to great years still left in him in today's game of watered down big men.

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Would love to get him here but i think anything short of another team getting involved which is unlikely than Boston isn't the first choice.

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3

We have all of the pieces that every team is looking for, whatever that may be; it's a matter of whether it's worth trading what they want for LMA.  There's no point in making a lateral move, after all, for either team.

They need more pieces, we need fewer.

Bradley, Sully, Hump, plus picks?

I'd be looking to keep Rondo, Green, and Olynyk to go with LMA; everything else is up for grabs.  Limit 2 1sts, one of them from the Clips, though.

AB, Sully, and picks are our best pieces, but AB's deal is up soon, and Sully is coming off of surgery.  Bummer, eh?

Id even make Green available if necessary.