Author Topic: Paradigm Shift!!!!!  (Read 3046 times)

Paradigm Shift!!!!!
« on: July 17, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lrjfxka

Synopsis:

Lakers trade Kobe and Pau (49 million dollars)

for

Humphries, Wallace, Bass, Lee, Shavlik Randolph, Jordan Crawford, and Fab Melo (38.7 million + trade exception)

Look both teams are not capable of competing for a title no matter how mix and match the teams. Lakers can go after the top pick and get Lebron James next year.

The Celtics have a chance, albeit a slim one with Rondo, Kobe, Green, Pau Gasol and Center Man to make it to the 2014 NBA Finals and then can clear a lot of cap space in 2014 to go after Marc Gasol and Tony Allen in the off-season.

OK what do you all think of this tomfoolery.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Re: Paradigm Shift!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Synopsis:

for

Humphries, Wallace, Bass, Lee, Shavlik Randolph, Jordan Crawford, and Fab Melo (38.7 million + trade exception)

Look both teams are not capable of competing for a title no matter how mix and match the teams. Lakers can go after the top pick and get Lebron James next year.

The Celtics have a chance, albeit a slim one with Rondo, Kobe, Green, Pau Gasol and Center Man to make it to the 2014 NBA Finals and then can clear a lot of cap space in 2014 to go after Marc Gasol and Tony Allen in the off-season.

tomfoolery is the kindest term to use.

why on god's green earth would you EVER want to set up any possibility of giving the Lakers both Wiggins and Lebron?  Why, why, why? 

this trade would never happen but why would you ever want it too?  just the thought of Kobe in green makes me puke but the full picture of the after effects of LA having Wiggins and Bron while we're backpedaling with Gasol and TA?  just horrible.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243

Synopsis:

for

tomfoolery is the kindest term to use.

why on god's green earth would you EVER want to set up any possibility of giving the Lakers both Wiggins and Lebron?  Why, why, why? 

this trade would never happen but why would you ever want it too?  just the thought of Kobe in green makes me puke but the full picture of the after effects of LA having Wiggins and Bron while we're backpedaling with Gasol and TA?  just horrible.

Guess what!

With the Lakers in their dilapitated state thay could get the top pick and have cap space to go after Lebron and Melo in 2014. I hate Kobe's guts too. We need to make a trade with someone that has cap room and roster space. There is a lot of flotsam on our team right now. I don't like our cap situation this year and next year but in 2015 looks good but roster space still a problem with all those number one picks.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 03:17:09 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Synopsis:

for

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Agreed.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
As Sheldon would say, that's pure hokum!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I think I just threw up in my soul.

That said, if we did this we'd play Gasol at center and Sully at PF.
Rondo / Kobe / Green / Sully / Gasol

No doubt that's quite the starting lineup, and you could go small by bringing in Bradley and shifting everyone down a spot.

But... ~*%*&!#^%

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The Lakers aren't going to trade Kobe unless it was somehow for LeBron, Bosh and Wade or some other ridiculously unlikely scenario.  I could see them trading Pau Gasol for that type of smorgasbord in the OP though.

So offer them:

Crawford ($2.2M), Melo ($1.2M), Bass ($6.4M), and Humphries (12.0M)  - Total $21.8

For

Gasol - $19.3

Kobe will likely miss time anyway so if they trade Pau, they are definitely lottery bound.  In 2014-15 they end up with Kobe resigned, a stud rookie, and maybe LeBron and/or Carmelo plus they need a few more players this year just to field a team.  We save a little money this year and clean up our roster substantially to give our young players a little more room to grow, without actually getting any better or worse.

The Lakers could probably even find someone to take Nash off their hands (Phili for example needs to spend some money just to get to the minimum) and then they would really be wide open in 2014-15 and a lock for a top 3 pick in the lottery.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think it bears pointing out that Kobe's got a no-trade clause.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think it bears pointing out that Kobe's got a no-trade clause.

I was going to point out that the Celtics are hard-capped and can only add about $4 mil in salary this year, and not $11 mil, but your point is better.

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 04:44:29 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Do the Lakers give the Cs a 19 million expiring contract for just a 12 million expiring and some role players though?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 05:14:06 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yea, NO! Anyway, you can't combine the TPE with anyone.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)