Author Topic: Celtics-Rockets (Idea) (edit)  (Read 5194 times)

Re: Celtics-Rockets (Idea) (edit)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline Lioney

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
There are 8 players in this trade and Novak is the worst player among them. In addition, he is good at nothing but 3pt scoring, yet he cannot use his ability of 3pt scoring consistently in important matches and Celtics gets this useless player.

On the other hand, Wallace is the best player among these 8 players and Rockets gets him. Now you will say that his contract is expensive(therefore bad) and his shooting percentages are bad...

However, there is no bad contract in NBA, because (arguable) half of the players in NBA such as Asik, Joe Johnson, Butler, P.Gasol, DeRozan, Novak, Okafor, Nene, E.Gordon, Salmons, Stuckey, B.Gordon, R.Anderson, and Outlaw don't deserve the money they get. In other words, they are not worth to pay so much money for. I can name a lot more players who don't deserve the money they get because of their lack of durability and because of their age. In addition, there are a lot of contracts like these in NBA due to misjudgements of GM’s and there always will be. Hence I prefer to call them “unnecessary” or “useless” contracts instead of calling them bad contracts. Let me put it this way; for example, if Wallace would play for 76ers, he would probably play with 15 pts, 7 rebs, 3 ass per a game and he would deserve that 10m contract. If he plays for Nets, however, he would not be able to play as good as he would play for 76ers due to his role in Nets. What i mean is that paying 10m to Wallace for a year is a mistake for Nets, but it would not be a mistake for some other teams like 76ers as a mentioned above.

Thanks to the richness of Prokhorov and in order to keep D.Williams in Nets, Nets Gm offered Wallace a contract much more than he deserves in panic. What kind of a role can you give Wallace in Nets while there are three star players like D.Williams, Johnson, and Lopez? How can he find his rhythm in terms of scoring points while there are three major scorers in Nets squad. Wallace is neither a star player nor a clutch player. He is a player whose defensive skills are very good, he is a very good rebaunder for a player who plays SF, and he can do a little bit of everything.

There are a lot of players in NBA who is in Wallace's situation(who has lack of team chemistry and who experiences problems because of his role) such as Prince, Butler, and Artest. Obviously it is not easy to form a team chemistry and find right players for right roles to be the champion in NBA. As a result, Wallace is overpaid but he is a good player for a player of his role. And because of his contract, contenders are the most suitable teams for him.

Why is Wallace a important player for contender teams? Because the most important weapon of contender teams are their SFs. For example; LeBron, Durant, and Melo. These players also play as PF often. If you don't have a SF like these players, then you should have a player who can slow them down(both as SF and as PF). Wallace and Jeff Green are the players who can slow them down. And i think it is safe to say that if a contender gets Wallace that team will have the best chance to be the champion this year.

Since Rockets got D.Howard and they want to win the championship, Wallace would be a very good fit for their squad(and they have enough space on their salary cap for Wallace's contract). Right now Rockets have no player who can slow down the players like LeBron and Durant. They can’t defend the players like LeBron and Durant with Chandler or with the two young PFs they have.

On the other hand, i don't obsessed with Asik and i think he doesn't worth to pay 8.5m for a year. But circumstances are forcing us to make this kind of trade. It is obvious that Asik's contract is an “unnecessary” contract for Rockets now. I know what Rockets' Gm said about Asik to keep his trade value high, but no matter who the player is, it is absolutely nonsense to pay 8.5m to a player who is going to play 14 mins for a game as Howard's backup. And it is obvious that both Asik and Howard cannot play at the same time on the court because of their style of play.

Since we don't need Wallace so much because we have Green, and Rockets don't need Asik because they have Howard this trade would benefit to both teams.

I don’t obsessed with trading Wallace. Unlike Howard and Asik, Green and Wallace can play at the same time on the court as SF and as PF. In addition, most of our players are versatile players. For example; our PFs can play as C and this is an advantage for Celtics. Among Humphries, Bass, Lee, Bogans, Crawford, Brooks, and Wallace, Wallace would be the last player i'd like to trade because he is the best player among them, and we can give him 10m per a year because we have rookie contracts and we don't have a player who has a maximum contract. If we will not get a good piece in return, I would like Wallace to stay. And if Celtics will be able to become a contender, at least we would have another defensive weapon beside Green.

There are rumours which indicate that the Raptors would buyout Camby, besides they signed DJ Augustin, therefore they don’t need Crawford anymore. So Toronto is nomore available for trade. A trade between Celtics and Rockets is more possible now. In this case, I’d like to get Papanikolaou as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m8wllkk

Re: Celtics-Rockets (Idea) (edit)
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
In what world does Toronto give away Terrence Ross for Bass and Crawford? You're also severely undervaluing Asik. You might not think he's worth $8.5M, but virtually everyone else thinks that's a very reasonable contract. Besides, Camby was waived and now a FA, so this is a moot point anyway.