Author Topic: List of plausible destinations for G. Wallace  (Read 9255 times)

List of plausible destinations for G. Wallace
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
(1). Denver: with the loss of Iguadola, they need a forward, and Wallace can be that forward. Maybe being in Mile High would rejuvinate him. Could we get a 2nd round pick? Two 2nd round picks?

(2). Oklahoma: needs a sixth man wing, which Wallace could be. Would they do it for Perk and a 2nd rounder? OKC is scared of the tax, so we would have to take back a contract - what about Perk and Perry Jones? While Perk's defense is nice for them, Wallace would fill more needs on that team than Perk does.

(3). The Bobcats are apparently already giving up on Kidd-Gilchrest. If that's the case - they need a small forward. Wallace can put up some numbers for them. A Jefferson/Wallace combo is not a basement team. Is it could enough for a playoff slot? At least you can answer that question with a "mmmmaybe."

(4). Cleveland does not have a good SF: there's Luke Walton, Alonzo Gee, and Omri Cassipi. Seems to me that Wallace is an improvement over most of those guys.

Re: List of plausible destinations for G. Wallace
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
detroit with rondo.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
(5). None.... ;D

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
(1). Denver: with the loss of Iguadola, they need a forward, and Wallace can be that forward. Maybe being in Mile High would rejuvinate him. Could we get a 2nd round pick? Two 2nd round picks?

(2). Oklahoma: needs a sixth man wing, which Wallace could be. Would they do it for Perk and a 2nd rounder? OKC is scared of the tax, so we would have to take back a contract - what about Perk and Perry Jones? While Perk's defense is nice for them, Wallace would fill more needs on that team than Perk does.

(3). The Bobcats are apparently already giving up on Kidd-Gilchrest. If that's the case - they need a small forward. Wallace can put up some numbers for them. A Jefferson/Wallace combo is not a basement team. Is it could enough for a playoff slot? At least you can answer that question with a "mmmmaybe."

(4). Cleveland does not have a good SF: there's Luke Walton, Alonzo Gee, and Omri Cassipi. Seems to me that Wallace is an improvement over most of those guys.

1) Denver has Gallo and Wilson Chandler at the 3. Both are more talented and/or cheaper than Wallace.

2) Don't see anyway OKC trades Perk while taking back an even worse contract and no center.

3) I don't think Charlotte is giving up on MKG. There was a reporter who seemingly pulled a "rumor" out of nowhere around the draft. Even then, MKG is at least as good as Wallace and much younger/cheaper.

4) Cleveland just signed Earl Clark and is saving all of their cap space for The Summer of Lebron 2.0. We probably couldn't pay them to take Wallace.

Don't mean to shoot down all of your ideas but Wallace is widely considered one of the worst contracts in the NBA as of now. We are stuck with him.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 01:07:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The Knicks.  Wallace and Humphries for Amare.

C's get out of Wallace's contract a year earlier, but also take on extra money next year.  But they get a very interesting pick and roll partner to play with Rondo, and perhaps keep the fans excited (and also someone they can pretty easily "shut down" if they decide to tank).  Its kind of just shuffling the deck, but it also gives them a lot of potential cap space for 2015.

And for the Knicks, they are basically in salary cap hell anyways for another couple years.  But this gives them a better chance to win now, while they have Melo and Chandler.  Humphries gives them decent depth, or gives them an asset to swing at the trade deadline, and Wallace is actually a GREAT fit next to Melo, because he can defend the 3 or the 4, and doesn't need the ball on offense. 

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Any team who wants to contend will certainly like Wallace even with that contract.

Crash is still crash. He has not produced like an All Star but he still plays hard, takes it upon himself to guard the best player of the opposing team and still does the little things, and it has value to any team.

The problem here is if Danny could overvalue Wallace. To me, I'll be okay if I get 60 Cents for the Dollar value for him. Danny won't be able to move him if he asks equal value, as the contract is too big. But if he's willing to trade him for a little less value (that will help us of course) he can be easily moved.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

C's get out of Wallace's contract a year earlier, but also take on extra money next year.  But they get a very interesting pick and roll partner to play with Rondo, and perhaps keep the fans excited (and also someone they can pretty easily "shut down" if they decide to tank).  Its kind of just shuffling the deck, but it also gives them a lot of potential cap space for 2015.

And for the Knicks, they are basically in salary cap hell anyways for another couple years.  But this gives them a better chance to win now, while they have Melo and Chandler.  Humphries gives them decent depth, or gives them an asset to swing at the trade deadline, and Wallace is actually a GREAT fit next to Melo, because he can defend the 3 or the 4, and doesn't need the ball on offense.
If we sent more salary out so that we don't take on salary I think you might have something. I just don't see the C's adding any salary this year or even chance coming close to the luxury line.

That said, if Metta World Peace goes to NY, they really won't need someone like Gerald Wallace.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Any team who wants to contend will certainly like Wallace even with that contract.

Crash is still crash. He has not produced like an All Star but he still plays hard, takes it upon himself to guard the best player of the opposing team and still does the little things, and it has value to any team.

The problem here is if Danny could overvalue Wallace. To me, I'll be okay if I get 60 Cents for the Dollar value for him. Danny won't be able to move him if he asks equal value, as the contract is too big. But if he's willing to trade him for a little less value (that will help us of course) he can be easily moved.

I think you may be overvaluing Wallace a little bit, but I am with you. Wallace doesn't suck. He didn't have a stellar year last year, but his playoffs were decent and he is still a great defensive player. People act like his contract is the worst thing in the world, but if he even shows a glimmer of his old self, we will have no problem unloading him.

I think there are a lot of people on this blog who have never really seen him play. Tbh, he is going to kill our chances of tanking with his effort and ability to do all of the little things. We would have loved a player like him while we were contending and I believe there are several teams who will be happy to have him...

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

If we sent more salary out so that we don't take on salary I think you might have something. I just don't see the C's adding any salary this year or even chance coming close to the luxury line.

That said, if Metta World Peace goes to NY, they really won't need someone like Gerald Wallace.

Huh?  The C's would be taking back less salary then they would be sending out, I believe.  But sure, you could probably find a way to add in Lee or Bass as well.

And you are correct, if they sign Artest, then this probably doesn't work.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I would add the Sacramento Kings to that list.

I can see them adding a 3 man here to replace Salmons, whose under contract for the next 2 years.

Like us, they need to clear some clutter up.  Namely with Salmons and one of their guards (Fredette, Thornton).

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Just saw this in a Nyyyets discussion. Not willing to put my sterling reputation on this forum on the line by vouching for the source but if it ends up true, then I'd be happy with this deal.

“@SportsWhispers: Celtics were in discussions with the Suns about a trade that would send Gerald Wallace to Phoenix for a combination of Beasley, Frye & Scola”

Suns would be nuts to give up Scola on that cheap contract(The Rockets still pay the majority of his salary from the amnesty)but sorry call me a fool I still think in the right situation Beasley could thrive.

Scola is redundant with KO and Sulley but I like the idea of a Jeff Green/Beasley rotation. One lacks aggressiveness at times one has no virtually no conscience. Has Frye done anything relevant since the Nash days?

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 02:05:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Just saw this in a Nyyyets discussion. Not willing to put my sterling reputation on this forum on the line by vouching for the source but if it ends up true, then I'd be happy with this deal.

“@SportsWhispers: Celtics were in discussions with the Suns about a trade that would send Gerald Wallace to Phoenix for a combination of Beasley, Frye & Scola”

Suns would be nuts to give up Scola on that cheap contract(The Rockets still pay the majority of his salary from the amnesty)but sorry call me a fool I still think in the right situation Beasley could thrive.

Scola is redundant with KO and Sulley but I like the idea of a Jeff Green/Beasley rotation. One lacks aggressiveness at times one has no virtually no conscience. Has Frye done anything relevant since the Nash days?
We could only take two of the three in that deal but Beasley is non guaranteed next year so he's essentially expiring. Frye has a player option for next year which he will almost certainly pick up. The deal would give us a lot of future salary relief, the question is do we want to have our young players around a guy who rarely tries in Mike Beasley?

Maybe they could include Butler, who would be another expiring contract if we threw in Bass or Lee.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

We could only take two of the three in that deal but Beasley is non guaranteed next year so he's essentially expiring. Frye has a player option for next year which he will almost certainly pick up. The deal would give us a lot of future salary relief, the question is do we want to have our young players around a guy who rarely tries in Mike Beasley?

Maybe they could include Butler, who would be another expiring contract if we threw in Bass or Lee.
I'll believe this deal when I see it but we're already overloaded with players where we need to clear several roster spots already.  Not sure how we'd unload even more players that no one wants like Beasley and Frye.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Beasley is fun to watch but he is a cancer.  Scola is fun to watch but he gets torn up on defense.  Frye has a worse heart than Jeff Green literally and figuratively.

Wallace is fun to watch, plays hard D and does all the little things to help you win games. 

That's kind of a wash.  I suppose I would just stick with Wallace to keep Beasley out of my locker room.