Author Topic: List of plausible destinations for Humphries  (Read 6253 times)

Re: List of plausible destinations for Humphries
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Trade him for just the 2nd rounder and 12MTPE seems good enough now (also getting us much better on the cap situation), I don't want to see that guy around here, but if waiting for the deadline could get us something significantly better we will have to wait some more. I'm sure Danny already thought everything out and will take the first "good" offer there is.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I expect him to get solid minutes and put up good numbers for the Cs then he will get traded to a contender at the deadline.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:53 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I expect him to get solid minutes and put up good numbers for the Cs then he will get traded to a contender at the deadline.

Even if a contender did want him, which sounds questionable, his salary is so big that he's going to be tough to move.  Whether it's a one-for-one deal or many role players cobbled together to get to 12 million, Humphries just isn't good enough for a contender to upheave their roster.

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Trade him for just the 2nd rounder and 12MTPE seems good enough now (also getting us much better on the cap situation), I don't want to see that guy around here, but if waiting for the deadline could get us something significantly better we will have to wait some more. I'm sure Danny already thought everything out and will take the first "good" offer there is.

I think Danny would take that in a heartbeat.  If they can't move him, however, I see less reason to divest moderate assets (e.g., Lee) and more of a push toward making the playoffs.

I'm more confident in Rondo being back, playing healthy be the start of the season than I am Sully.

And Bass's contract may (I hope will!) make him movable.  If they got stuck with both Bass and Humphries, that would be very unfortunate. 

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hollywood

trade him and Wallace and Lee and Bass for Pau Gasol

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hollywood

trade him and Wallace and Lee and Bass for Pau Gasol
Lakers would never do that.  They won't take on salary past next summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
(1). Minnesota: UNDER THE CAP; third big off the bench behind Pekovic and Love; Humphries is from Minnesota; Rubio could "make him better." (2nd round pick?)

(2). Cleveland: UNDER THE CAP; third big off the bench behind Varejao and Tristan Thompson; if Bynum is a bust, could challenge for serious minutes; Irving is a great PG, who could "make him better" (2nd round pick?)

(3). New Orleans: UNDER THE CAP; frighteningly thin up front; desperately need a third big man; lots of shooters on that team - and he doesn't need the ball. (2nd rounder?)

(4). Dallas: ...sorry - who on that team is going to rebound the ball? They desperately need a big man - and Humphries is a big man!

What do YOU think?
If the best we can do right now is flip him for a second rounder, I'd rather keep him at least until the deadline.

of course. but perhaps an engaged reply would be to think what could humphries bring back from these teams? the only two returns that would seem worth while would be a first rounder or a young player (not a star, but a credible nba player). both are a form of lottery ticket.

minnesota: to be honest, i could not see any particular player being worth the trade for boston. the wolves have interesting talent up front, but celtics have a log jam at pf/c now with their own youngsters. at the guards, all i saw were other versions of bogans, young and bad talent, or untouchable in a trade that only has humphries.

Cleveland: about the only young non-forward that might make sense financially and talent wise would be sf karasev, recently drafted. the question for cleveland is which player is a better fit for their team right now. cleveland might be more interested in going for a play off run than building for the future with rookies since 10 players are age 23 or younger now.

then again, for the celtics would a 1st round draft pick from ANYONE in 2014 be better than karasev? i dont know.

new orleans: they truly are a god awful team. but who knows? they might see humphries as the sort of veteran leader that could make them tougher and lead them to the playoff land. the pelicans have NO ONE older than 27 on their roster right now. maybe veteran help would be attractive to them and their young stars?

in terms of young players worth humphries,  there is austin rivers. this might be a buy low moment if he can turn things around. plus the celtics would keep the rivers flowing.  ;D

everyone else seemed to be too good, to expensive, or redundant. (aminu would be nice, but doubtful they would trade him given his talent and young age.)

dallas: again, this is a bad team and it is saddled with both aging players and the worst possible curse for any team - bad, young players. i could not see anyone the celtics might want whom would be available in a trade for humphries.

so, the list above is very subjective and speculative. when all is said and done, humphries value will probably be higher at the trade deadline, as was pointed out. i dont expect to see him in a celtics uniform at season's end.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva