Author Topic: List of plausible destinations for Humphries  (Read 6259 times)

Re: List of plausible destinations for Humphries
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Can someone explain all the hate for Humphries. Sure he's overpaid but he's an expiring contract, so it isn't that big of a deal. If he starts producing consistent double doubles maybe we can get him for something at the trade deadline, he is a solid asset and I'm glad we got him in the trade.

For anyone who doesn't like him because he was mean to one of the most annoying women on the planet then your opinion should be posted on a reality tv forum not a basketball one.

has nothing to do with the TV drama. I don't watch that crap. I dislike his game and he seems like a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. bag

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Can someone explain all the hate for Humphries. Sure he's overpaid but he's an expiring contract, so it isn't that big of a deal. If he starts producing consistent double doubles maybe we can get him for something at the trade deadline, he is a solid asset and I'm glad we got him in the trade.

For anyone who doesn't like him because he was mean to one of the most annoying women on the planet then your opinion should be posted on a reality tv forum not a basketball one.

has nothing to do with the TV drama. I don't watch that crap. I dislike his game and he seems like a **** bag
He's definitely a big bag of **** as a person, but I could care less. He's a guy who is going to give us something we haven't had a while, rebounding. If he plays well for us he ups his trade value, if he doesn't then he's still an expiring.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
The only reason I'd trade Humprhies before the season started is if Ainge thought he was going to play so well that he would negatively impact our lottery chances or if he was convinced that keeping Humphries would cause a logjam that would stunt Olynyk and Sully's growth.

He is definitely overpaid, but that doesn't really matter in the last year of his contract, in fact it's a good thing since it just adds value to him as a 12m expiring deal. He isn't anything special but is a solid PF and with starter minutes he could probably hover around 10/10 on a bad team. That will make him a very valuable trade commodity at the deadline for teams looking to bolster their front court especially since he is coming off the books.

I think teams will be very interested.

I think Houston would be a very solid fit, the problem is that I don't want Lin and Humph isn't good enough to land Asik.

Dallas could make the move because they need front court help, nothing else is out there and since Humph is expiring it won't hurt them chasing 2014 free agents. Cuban wouldn't flinch at 12m and probably would enjoy any media attention Humprhies' outside life brings to the Mavs.

The Cavs have built a pretty interesting team and I think Humprhies' presence could really help fill them out. If they're going to make a push for some star 2014 free agents they're going to have to play well this season and if Bynum is a bust Humphries is serviceable.

Golden State would have made sense before they dumped their expiring deals.

I heard the Bobcats mentioned quite a bit in a straight up swap for Ben Gordon. It doesn't make much sense for me from a Celtic's POV, but I heard it quite a few times.

I think we hold onto him until the deadline and then try to take advantage of another team's urgency.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'd definitely trade Humphries for a 2nd round pick, because it would mean a huge trade exception would be created.

And that TE could be used by Ainge to acquire chips (picks and/or prospects) from taxpaying teams desperate to shed salary.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I don't believe any team has cap space large enough to absorb Humphries and I don't believe any teams have a trade exception that large either.  Boston would have to take back salary of some kind, which is fine, but there won't be this massive trade exception generated. 

I'd be more than happy to trade Humphries in the right deal, I just don't think that deal exists at the moment and believe he will be kept till the trade deadline when his contract may have a lot of value to a team trying to get out from some salary (by adding a first) or who needs some quality depth for their bench for a title run.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'd trade him to Philadelphia, right now they are 15M below the salary floor, so Humphries 12M would help them. If they give us their 2014 second rounder and the TPE, it's a good deal.

Around the deadline, the Sixers will probably be able to get something as good as their second round pick, or even better, given they'll be far from taxland.

The TPE (plus 1st round picks) could bring back someone like LaMarcus Aldridge if he's still unhappy and not willing to sign an extension with Portland. I think Danny is aiming for a couple All Stars around the 2014 Draft. And the Sixers' pick will be very high.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Why trade him unless we can do it with out taking on a multi year contract? Next year is a big free agent year as well as the best dressy since 2003

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
id say unless we are getting a 2014 draft pick or a good talent(very unlikely) at the deadline, from a team doing terrible and wants to relieve cap space. I say we keep him throughout the season get him off our books and have alot of cap space to go out after atleast one big free agent, while tanking this season and having a great draft.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
(1). Minnesota: UNDER THE CAP; third big off the bench behind Pekovic and Love; Humphries is from Minnesota; Rubio could "make him better." (2nd round pick?)

(2). Cleveland: UNDER THE CAP; third big off the bench behind Varejao and Tristan Thompson; if Bynum is a bust, could challenge for serious minutes; Irving is a great PG, who could "make him better" (2nd round pick?)

(3). New Orleans: UNDER THE CAP; frighteningly thin up front; desperately need a third big man; lots of shooters on that team - and he doesn't need the ball. (2nd rounder?)

(4). Dallas: ...sorry - who on that team is going to rebound the ball? They desperately need a big man - and Humphries is a big man!

What do YOU think?
If the best we can do right now is flip him for a second rounder, I'd rather keep him at least until the deadline.

Right.  A trade exception is nice and all, but supposedly the C's are getting a decent one anyways from the trade.  Humphries expiring contract could be more valuable at the deadline, because we can combine it with other expiring contracts to take back something bigger, if anything good is on the market.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
(1). Minnesota: UNDER THE CAP; third big off the bench behind Pekovic and Love; Humphries is from Minnesota; Rubio could "make him better." (2nd round pick?)

(2). Cleveland: UNDER THE CAP; third big off the bench behind Varejao and Tristan Thompson; if Bynum is a bust, could challenge for serious minutes; Irving is a great PG, who could "make him better" (2nd round pick?)

(3). New Orleans: UNDER THE CAP; frighteningly thin up front; desperately need a third big man; lots of shooters on that team - and he doesn't need the ball. (2nd rounder?)

(4). Dallas: ...sorry - who on that team is going to rebound the ball? They desperately need a big man - and Humphries is a big man!

What do YOU think?
If the best we can do right now is flip him for a second rounder, I'd rather keep him at least until the deadline.

Right.  A trade exception is nice and all, but supposedly the C's are getting a decent one anyways from the trade.  Humphries expiring contract could be more valuable at the deadline, because we can combine it with other expiring contracts to take back something bigger, if anything good is on the market.

Can you give me an example of the kind of "something good" that might be on the market?

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

What do YOU think?

Can you give me an example of the kind of "something good" that might be on the market?
Unless the Timberwolves post-KG reclamation project improves by leaps and bounds this season, Love is the prime candidate for the status of disgruntled superstar that wants out.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

If everything completely falls apart in Memphis, the Grizzlies might be looking to move Zach Randolph or Marc Gasol at the deadline to save money and get back young assets and picks for a rebuild.

If the Knicks have a bad year and become convinced that Carmelo will opt out and become a Laker, they might decide to have a firesale and try to dump the contract of Tyson Chandler for whatever they can get that helps rebuild.

Larry Sanders wants a bigger contract than the Bucks are willing to give him.  They know some team will give it to him in free agency.  Sanders will be a restricted free agent, but  they don't want to have to match a huge contract.  Given their current experience with Brandon Jennings, they explore options for trading Sanders for a young player and picks, insisting that the other team has to take the contract of Drew Gooden as part of a deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

What do YOU think?

Let's say, LeMarcus Aldridge continues being unhappy in Portland (I think that was the report).  Danny could make an offer based around Humphries, a young guy (maybe Olynyk, who can go back to the Pacific Northwest) and a couple picks, and maybe filler of expiring contracts. 

That's just one example. 

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
The NY Knicks should be added to the list.

Stoudemire

For

Humphries, Bass, Crawford

Improves the Knicks roster and makes them deeper.  Also saves them money early on (although 2015-2016 would take a big hit).

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 02:05:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Pacers seem to be planning on seeing if Danny Granger is still useful.  If he proves not to be, I could see Granger for Humphries as the kernel of a mid-season deal (more would have to be added).

A trade that makes a lot of sense to me is Humphries, cash, and maybe a second-round pick if necessary to Utah for Andris Biedrins, freeing up enough money under the luxury tax threshold for the Celtics to offer Vitor Faverani $2-3m using the MLE.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference