Author Topic: Any chance Dallas gives us it's 2014 first for Humph?  (Read 7526 times)

Any chance Dallas gives us it's 2014 first for Humph?
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:56:11 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
He is a decent offensive rebounder. They do need a player like him.

Re: Any chance Dallas gives us it's 2014 first for Humph?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Their 2014 pick is owned by Oklahoma City Thunder (top 20 protected until 2018, when it becomes unprotected), and I'd  love to get that pick, but not for Humphries.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Their 2014 pick is owned by Oklahoma City Thunder (top 20 protected until 2018, when it becomes unprotected), and I'd  love to get that pick, but not for Humphries.
which is why we should talk to Oklahoma City.  Perkins, OKC's 1st next year, & Dallas 1st for Humphries & Melo
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:07:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'd take a draft pick for each , Wallace and kardshian and be dun.....good riddance

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Moranis...why would Dallas do that?

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
which is why we should talk to Oklahoma City.  Perkins, OKC's 1st next year, & Dallas 1st for Humphries & Melo

You want to trade RR (another thread) and get back Perk?   Perk is damaged goods and has zero chance of recovery.   Rondo has a good chance to recover.   I am thankful your not our GM.   

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
In response to the OP....none. Humphries isn't good enough to get a first rounder in next year's draft.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'd take a draft pick for each , Wallace and kardshian and be dun.....good riddance

More likely they'd have to give a draft pick, at least, to get rid of Wallace's contract right now.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
Dallas might be a great fit for Humphries.  They get a one year contract to reach the floor while keeping cap space for next year and adding a useful player.  But I doubt they would give up picks.  I would be happy with just the exception though.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I think we should do whatever we can (outside of Rondo) to gather another 1st or 2. Trade Humphries to a bad team to take on some salary in exchange for a 1st.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Dallas might be a great fit for Humphries.  They get a one year contract to reach the floor while keeping cap space for next year and adding a useful player.  But I doubt they would give up picks.  I would be happy with just the exception though.
Agreed.

Humphries contract is such that if someone takes him for nothing, they are doing us a favor. Why would they sweeten the deal?

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Agreed.

Humphries contract is such that if someone takes him for nothing, they are doing us a favor. Why would they sweeten the deal?

That could be said for Wallace not so much for Humphries as he is an expiring contract and those have value.

Though I don't see anyone giving us a first maybe a second.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 01:25:32 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

Not the best idea. You only trade Humphries for a star (no way) or for a TPE + a 2nd rounder. The Sixers are under the salary floor and their 2nd rounder next year will be in the 30s. They do it because they need to carry a minimum salary, and Humphries expiring could be valuable at the trade deadline.

If you aren't getting something good, you don't take multi-year contracts, that would damage cap flexibility.

But you can trade Bass+Shav to Houston in a 3-way that sends Asik to OKC, Steven Adams to Houston, and Perk+PJ3+the Dallas pick from OKC+the rights to Papanikolau from Houston to the Cs. Win-win-win. Lateral move cap-wise, step ahead roster-wise.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Not the best idea. You only trade Humphries for a star (no way) or for a TPE + a 2nd rounder. The Sixers are under the salary floor and their 2nd rounder next year will be in the 30s. They do it because they need to carry a minimum salary, and Humphries expiring could be valuable at the trade deadline.

If you aren't getting something good, you don't take multi-year contracts, that would damage cap flexibility.

But you can trade Bass+Shav to Houston in a 3-way that sends Asik to OKC, Steven Adams to Houston, and Perk+PJ3+the Dallas pick from OKC+the rights to Papanikolau from Houston to the Cs. Win-win-win. Lateral move cap-wise, step ahead roster-wise.

I do not mind this trade.

2 first round picks.

A player who is a proven lockerroom leader who is close to Rondo (who may not be a good lockerroom leader, but would likely have no issue with Perk assuming such a role)

I would value Perk as a leader to be around young players while rebuilding since he would come with other assets that would help in the rebuild.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We're not getting a #1 for Humphries, unless we take back a really bad contract in return.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes