Author Topic: Bad for the NBA! (Brooklyn Nets)  (Read 17946 times)

Re: Bad for the NBA! (Brooklyn Nets)
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:09 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Am I missing something? - They definitely have a legit shot this year. I mean with the kirilenko signing they are a top 4 or 5 team period. The bench is beter then Miami's. The starting five is the best in the league.

You've lost all credibility with this remark. They are barely top 4 in the East. Heat, Pacers, and Bulls will all be better.

Sign me up for having zero credibility too I guess.

You're going way overboard in response.  Nets can be a great team.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Am I missing something? - They definitely have a legit shot this year. I mean with the kirilenko signing they are a top 4 or 5 team period. The bench is beter then Miami's. The starting five is the best in the league.

You've lost all credibility with this remark. They are barely top 4 in the East. Heat, Pacers, and Bulls will all be better.

Here's the credibility...
Starters:  Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Pierce, Garnett, Brook Lopez
Bench:  Shaun Livingston, Terry, Andrei Kirilenko, Reggie Evans, Andray Blatche

Top to bottom, that's a pretty nasty team.  Easily a Top 4 team in the East. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Easily top 4, likely better than Indiana, too, also possibly at least as good as the Bulls.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

That bench actually looks horrible to me.  I don't think the Celtics ever had a worse bench than that during the Garnett era.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

That bench actually looks horrible to me.  I don't think the Celtics ever had a worse bench than that during the Garnett era.
The bench, in an 8-man playoff rotation, is Terry, Kirilenko, and Blatche. That's easily better than any bench the Celtics had that didn't include James Posey.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

let's just compare bench here

Nets: Shaun Livingston, Terry, AK, Reggie Evans, Andray Blatche

Heat: Cole, Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis, Birdman

I think Miami has the slight edge

Bulls: Nate Robinson (FA), Butler, Mike Dunleavy, Taj Gibson, Mohammed

I think it is roughly the same.

When you're talking about starting lineup

NO, they do not have the best starting 5 in the league. Don't forget Pierce and KG is getting older and slower and not what they used to be.

Miami still has the better starting 5. With Rose coming back, the Bulls can be a top 3 team (#2 or #3). The Pacers, with Paul George emerging as a star and David West's leadership will help them stay at top 3

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2013, 04:44:34 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Kirilenko and Blatche are good enough to start for most NBA teams. I can't think of a team with a better 6th and 7th man.

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2013, 05:09:47 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Wait hahaha THE BEST starting 5 in the league!?!?!?! When did they get LeBron though??? As long as the Heat have Wade, Bosh and LeBron trust and believe there starting 5 will always be the best. And look at their bench, Battier/Miller, Ray Ray, Cole, Birdman and Lewis. Not exactly bums. So in all honesty this Nets squad is a worse and older version of the Heat
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Wait hahaha THE BEST starting 5 in the league!?!?!?! When did they get LeBron though??? As long as the Heat have Wade, Bosh and LeBron trust and believe there starting 5 will always be the best. And look at their bench, Battier/Miller, Ray Ray, Cole, Birdman and Lewis. Not exactly bums. So in all honesty this Nets squad is a worse and older version of the Heat
For the record, I never said that they had the best starting 5.  I was agreeing with the statement that they are a Top 4 team in the East. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Sorry, but Lebron doesn't guarantee anything.  It's not like the Heat have dominated the NBA.  This Nets team is going to give them a run for their money. 

Consider this...the Spurs should have beat them if the smartest coach in the NBA didn't F it up and the Celtics took the Heat to Game 7 with this lineup 1 year ago
Paul Pierce 
Ray Allen
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Garnett
Brandon Bass
Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Keyon Dooling
Ryan Hollins
E'Twaun Moore
Jermaine O'Neal
Sasha Pavlovic
Mickael Pietrus
Greg Stiemsma

The point being...the Heat are not as great as you think they are.

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Well it seems like you're not exactly alone in this thinking..other GM's are raising questions (specifically w/ the AK-47 deal)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets--deal-with-andrei-kirilenko-raises-suspicions-from-nba-rivals-180604173.html

That is in my opinion the much bigger problem. I mean seriously, ask yourself, would you quit your job for a new job, where you will just earn a third of what you have earned before? I highly doubt it...Of course you can argue that players sometimes waive some money to play for another team (see the heat for example) but thats another dimension. I think its very possible that he gets some other "benefits" outside of his salary. No way to prove it but it stinks for me.

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Sorry, but Lebron doesn't guarantee anything.  It's not like the Heat have dominated the NBA.  This Nets team is going to give them a run for their money. 

Consider this...the Spurs should have beat them if the smartest coach in the NBA didn't F it up and the Celtics took the Heat to Game 7 with this lineup 1 year ago
Paul Pierce 
Ray Allen
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Garnett
Brandon Bass
Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Keyon Dooling
Ryan Hollins
E'Twaun Moore
Jermaine O'Neal
Sasha Pavlovic
Mickael Pietrus
Greg Stiemsma

Well lets break it down, since the Heat team was put together they haven't missed a finals appearance. I'd say thats pretty great, not the greatest ever by any means but honestly there's no team that poses a threat too them except MAYBE a completely healthy Bulls team. I understand that teams have taken them 7 games and gave them a run for their money but uhhhh they don't lose often. Seldom twice in a row if they do accumulate a loss. LeBron guarantees greatness, I've gained more respect for him than any other player i can remember, due solely to his gameplan. The Nets have a great team on paper, but i don't see ONE superstar on that team. I see an up incoming all-star center in Lopez, an overrated all-star PG, THE most over paid SG i can remember. Then there's PP and KG, they are OLLLLLLLLD, not gonna make the impact you'd think, especially not when they aren't the focus.

All in all they aren't gonna be as great as YOU think.
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Paul Pierce 
Ray Allen
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Garnett
Brandon Bass
Avery Bradley
Marquis Daniels
Keyon Dooling
Ryan Hollins
E'Twaun Moore
Jermaine O'Neal
Sasha Pavlovic
Mickael Pietrus
Greg Stiemsma

Well lets break it down, since the Heat team was put together they haven't missed a finals appearance. I'd say thats pretty great, not the greatest ever by any means but honestly there's no team that poses a threat too them except MAYBE a completely healthy Bulls team. I understand that teams have taken them 7 games and gave them a run for their money but uhhhh they don't lose often. Seldom twice in a row if they do accumulate a loss. LeBron guarantees greatness, I've gained more respect for him than any other player i can remember, due solely to his gameplan. The Nets have a great team on paper, but i don't see ONE superstar on that team. I see an up incoming all-star center in Lopez, an overrated all-star PG, THE most over paid SG i can remember. Then there's PP and KG, they are OLLLLLLLLD, not gonna make the impact you'd think, especially not when they aren't the focus.

All in all they aren't gonna be as great as YOU think.

No team that poses a threat?!?!?  The Heat BARELY beat an old Celtics team last year and an old Spurs team this year.  Pierce, KG and Allen were OOOLLLLLLDDD last year too.  If Pierce and KG have reduced minutes in the regular season, they may be bigger contributors in the playoffs this year. You act like Pierce and KG are as old as Gordie Howe.

Lebron is Lebron but then the Heat roster is very questionable.  Wade is injury prone, Bosh is inconsistent, Chalmers is average on his best day, Allen/Battier/Birdman/Lewis/Haslem are all older and one dimensional. 

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If a Saudi prince bought the Celtics and spent crazy oil money that secured banners 18, 19, and 20 in this decade, would any Celtics fan complain?
I wouldn't complain, but if legit fans of other teams called us a cheat team I'd have a hard time arguing

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
They're going to be good. pierce and kg will look so good when they're not carrying the whole scoring load.  The nets have the players to keep Pierce and kg fresh for the playoffs. I'd be more worried about dwill or joe getting injured honestly. If they mesh and people stay healthy, they're top 3 in the east.