Author Topic: Ray Allen comments on Doc and Kg leaving  (Read 10326 times)

Re: Ray Allen comments on Doc and Kg leaving
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 06:06:25 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Doc left but at least he left us a pick. Sure, it probably wasn't on the team's terms, seeing what Wyc said, but it's definitely better than the way Ray Allen left.

Doc was being called into a 2nd news conference ..the 1st had been canceled because the Clips came back..THEN said the negotiator didn't have the authority to authorize any specifics. Danny walks away AGAIN and everyone says it's really REALLY dead and then apparently the negotiator (Doc) apparently did have the authority ???

Doc didn't give anything. He took assets off the table while ignoring and staying off his employers grid. Ray...is not comparable to Doc. Loyalty is a nice word but it's not written into contracts. Non compete clauses are and Doc broke those clauses and violated the letter of and spirit of a contract he signed. I don't know how on earth folks can put Ray in league with Doc.

That's true. Doc did have a contract. I'll concede that I may have been overlooking this. There's a lot a lot of details left out. Can't trust any party in the Doc situation with the truth. Ainge always had the option to take the deal off the table, however.

Main problem people had with Ray was that he joined the then rival of ours. The team that we took to 7 games.

Ray was supposed to be brother in arms with the team. He should hate the Heat. Instead what happened happened.

At least Doc had a reason. His strengths are wasted on a rebuilding team. Ray's reason was he wanted to win...???...any other team would have been better. Maybe Doc would have done the same (join the Heat) but he didn't and we can only speculate.

That's just my opinion. Not trying to force it upon others.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

Doc left but at least he left us a pick. Sure, it probably wasn't on the team's terms, seeing what Wyc said, but it's definitely better than the way Ray Allen left.

Doc was being called into a 2nd news conference ..the 1st had been canceled because the Clips came back..THEN said the negotiator didn't have the authority to authorize any specifics. Danny walks away AGAIN and everyone says it's really REALLY dead and then apparently the negotiator (Doc) apparently did have the authority ???

Doc didn't give anything. He took assets off the table while ignoring and staying off his employers grid. Ray...is not comparable to Doc. Loyalty is a nice word but it's not written into contracts. Non compete clauses are and Doc broke those clauses and violated the letter of and spirit of a contract he signed. I don't know how on earth folks can put Ray in league with Doc.

That's true. Doc did have a contract. I'll concede that I may have been overlooking this. There's a lot a lot of details left out. Can't trust any party in the Doc situation with the truth. Ainge always had the option to take the deal off the table, however.

Main problem people had with Ray was that he joined the then rival of ours. The team that we took to 7 games.

Ray was supposed to be brother in arms with the team. He should hate the Heat. Instead what happened happened.

At least Doc had a reason. His strengths are wasted on a rebuilding team. Ray's reason was he wanted to win...???...any other team would have been better. Maybe Doc would have done the same (join the Heat) but he didn't and we can only speculate.

That's just my opinion. Not trying to force it upon others.

I get and respect your view. Believe me.

I just take Doc's behavior more deeply. We all see stuff differently so I'm not hatin' just venting ;D

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 08:09:11 AM »

Offline garz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
What's with this idea that winning is meant to change our perception of people? You follow the NBA & see these people's attitudes and if they win you watch how they win.

Like people say Miami won the championship so Ray Allen was "right". It doesn't change anything. He jumped on the bandwagon of the best team he could find and hated rival of the Cs.

It's the same thing with LeBron like we are all meant to like him now he's got rings. He's still the same ass. It doesn't make any difference.

Wade broke Rondo's arm on purpose and that was a huge part of them winning that playoff series. It's not just winning it's the way you win.

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Ray opted to leave Boston and go to Miami.  Boston wanted him to stay and offered him money to stay.

KG was asked by Boston, "we would like to send you to Brooklyn, will you please go?"  And KG said OK.

Those are not the same thing.

Exactly...not at all the same.

Why can't he just say "No Comment", and move on past his Celtics days....

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2013, 05:21:02 AM »

Offline garz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Now ray ray has started condescendingly talking about bandwagon heat fans. Thanks for the irony ray ray.

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'm sick of hearing that Ray took less money. We always applaud players taking less money for a chance to win. This is a 100% bogus reason to keep bringing up. If you're mad he left us for the Heat then that's one thing. But that's not a good reason to be mad at him.
If we had a championship caliber team and someone came here for less money we would all love that person.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'm sick of hearing that Ray took less money. We always applaud players taking less money for a chance to win. This is a 100% bogus reason to keep bringing up. If you're mad he left us for the Heat then that's one thing. But that's not a good reason to be mad at him.
If we had a championship caliber team and someone came here for less money we would all love that person.

? Does this really need to be explained?

It adds injiry to insult when the guy was on your competative team and would rather take half the money than spend another second on your team

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
If you're mad he left us for the Heat then that's one thing. But that's not a good reason to be mad at him.

I must be tired...I don't know what that means ???

Ray didn't do nearly as much damage to the Celtics as Doc did. Not even close. More than that if Danny had pulled the trigger and ignored Doc,Paul,K.G. or any combo of them we woulda got O.J. Mayo.
Ray took care of Ray. The Celtics shoulda taken care of the franchise and not the very sensitive ego's of our former vet locker room. When it's all said and done..Ray got a ring, Doc has a chance at chasing one and K.G. and Pierce do too. The Celtics got duped by an over rated coach of the stars. I hope CP3 and Doc get buddy buddy and it causes that org to get borked.

Danny needs to never get all BFF with his coaches and players in the future. Doc and K.G.'s Hamlet like drama's were getting freakin old.

Oh, Danny boooooy..., you won't do THAT again.

Please :'(

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When ainge was not going to pickup the option year, bc no way pierce proved he deserved it, kg wasnt so sure to continue with the team bc pp is a good friend plus he will now have to take on a huge load to carry the team, and lastly  rivers wasnt sure what to do next, didnt want to go back to 07 and just couldnt commit with the org through thick and thin.

Kg and rivers as much are loyal guys , are not guys that have the sheer ballz to say at this stage of their careers, "i will carry the team on my back".

Ive figured out thats just the way it is , the way they are. Ive stopped hating and look fwd to the situation now.

Brad stevens looks like a guy that brings alot of leadership with him. His butler teams the last few years had a bunch of no name hs recruits, overachieving their game reminds me of what popovich can do with no name guys like green and neal.

Rondo has more leadership capabilities now than pp, kg, allen , but needs to also trust his teammates and get the whole team involved like in 2008-2010.

Sullinger while young sounds and looks like a leader already.

Im looking fwd to next season

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It's not the same. Doc and Ray left, but KG was pushed out the door.

This.

Doc and Ray left because they want nothing to do with their respective situations.

Ray hating the fact that he was being traded even though a "consummate professional" should know that it is part of the business and Doc leaving because he wants no part of reubilding.

KG and Paul for that matter never want to go, they we're asked to leave to make the team better in the future.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2013, 02:03:53 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I have no problem with Doc, KG, and PP leaving. Allen, however, is a different case.

He's a selfish prima donna with a ridiculous ego. Rather than leaving with class, he chose to burn basically every relationship he had in Boston. Doc? Didn't utilize him enough. KG/PP? Didn't defend him enough to the media. Rondo? Didn't pass to him enough, and a bad teammate. Ainge and management? Didn't respect him enough. Even worse, he basically whined and complained about all of the above to every Boston and Miami and national media member he could find.

Good riddance.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:09:25 PM by rondoallaturca »

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2013, 02:56:13 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
SMH Ray Allen has become one of my top 5 least favorite athletes in all of sports.

Keep your mouth shut big guy
DKC Suns

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
He's not exactly saying many lies, but that does not "redeem" him or makes KG looks bad. Ray is still and will always be considered a traitor.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.