Author Topic: Ray Allen comments on Doc and Kg leaving  (Read 10327 times)

Re: Ray Allen comments on Doc and Kg leaving
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
I love KG and am not a Ray fan at all, but what KG did is arguably worse.

KG seems to have threatened the team not to trade an asset (Pierce) to other than where Pierce approves--or KG would neither have agreed to a trade or played for the C's this year.

Agreed. I never held any ill will towards Ray. He was all class and will have his number hanging from the rafters in Miami. Sad that Boston will probably let bad feelings keep them from retiring the number. That being said, the real culprits are KG Pierce and Doc who lied about bleeding Celtic green and then forcing moves.

I love the Nets deal because we needed to blow it up badly. I think it should have ended at the latest after the finals vs the Lakers. They were never going to get close to Game 7 of the finals again (Don't give me last year...making it to game 7 vs Miami was an epic fluke). 

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 08:36:37 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
ay was a free agent. He had every right to go to any team he wanted. And the Heat gave him the best chance to win another ring and as it turns out he was one of the big reasons they got it. Was I mad when he left? Yes.
But I'm over it now.

And I don't care that he "took less money" stuff. If Boston could get a great player to help win a ring who did it for less money we'd all love that person and think he was the best for it.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Funny to see that even a year later, people consider Allen a "traitor." I don have an problem with Allen going to the Heat. He was a FA. He could do as he pleased. He chose another ring over money because he thought Miami offered a better situation. And guess what folks? HE WAS RIGHT!!! Good for him.

KG I dont have a problem either. It gives him another opportunity to win another championship.

The problem I do have is Doc. He's the one who ran for the hills and couldnt wait to bolt. Under contract for 3 more years and dude just forced his way out. C's fans should be furious with him more than Allen or Garnett. He should be booed off the court when the Clippers come to Boston.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Funny to see that even a year later, people consider Allen a "traitor." I don have an problem with Allen going to the Heat. He was a FA. He could do as he pleased. He chose another ring over money because he thought Miami offered a better situation. And guess what folks? HE WAS RIGHT!!! Good for him.

KG I dont have a problem either. It gives him another opportunity to win another championship.

The problem I do have is Doc. He's the one who ran for the hills and couldnt wait to bolt. Under contract for 3 more years and dude just forced his way out. C's fans should be furious with him more than Allen or Garnett. He should be booed off the court when the Clippers come to Boston.
You know I'm not even mad a Doc either. We got a pick and a new coach that I hope works out well. Doc was here a long time and perhaps it really was time for a change.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Pardon? KG took a pay-cut to stay here. If it wasn't for the no-trade he negotiated, he wouldn't have had much of a say in this at all (except threat of retirement). Kudos to him for staying with Pierce (who had no choice in this whatsoever), and getting something for the C's on the way out.

Allen made an absurd contract demand, and then left for nothing to play for the enemy at half price.

At least give KG the opportunity to speak for himself first. Allen and Rivers took the chance to bury themselves with mealy-mouthed contradictory nonsense.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

KG seems to have threatened the team not to trade an asset (Pierce) to other than where Pierce approves--or KG would neither have agreed to a trade or played for the C's this year.

Agreed. I never held any ill will towards Ray. He was all class and will have his number hanging from the rafters in Miami. Sad that Boston will probably let bad feelings keep them from retiring the number. That being said, the real culprits are KG Pierce and Doc who lied about bleeding Celtic green and then forcing moves.

I love the Nets deal because we needed to blow it up badly. I think it should have ended at the latest after the finals vs the Lakers. They were never going to get close to Game 7 of the finals again (Don't give me last year...making it to game 7 vs Miami was an epic fluke).

KG and PP would have stayed if the team would have been bad or good. DA asked them or at least KG if he could move them because he new that there was no way they were getting back to the finals with the current team. KG probably said only if you can find a team that will take PP too.

DA did PP,KG,Allen and Doc a favor by working the deals to get them hear. Doc would have been let go with in a couple more years, PP probably traded, and maybe only KG would have a ring because he would have gone to LA instead.

I believe PP and KG would have stayed hear to the end, but DA found a deal that was good for both the C's and for them. I think DA talked to them and made them realize its the end and would they rather finish barely making the playoffs or contending were they don't have to carry the team every night like they would hear. And them especially KG who take 3 hours to get ready for a game now don't want to have to go threw that there last two seasons and loose.

I think they did each other favors.

Ray just did a favor for his ego.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

KG and PP would have stayed if the team would have been bad or good. DA asked them or at least KG if he could move them because he new that there was no way they were getting back to the finals with the current team. KG probably said only if you can find a team that will take PP too.

DA did PP,KG,Allen and Doc a favor by working the deals to get them hear. Doc would have been let go with in a couple more years, PP probably traded, and maybe only KG would have a ring because he would have gone to LA instead.

I believe PP and KG would have stayed hear to the end, but DA found a deal that was good for both the C's and for them. I think DA talked to them and made them realize its the end and would they rather finish barely making the playoffs or contending were they don't have to carry the team every night like they would hear. And them especially KG who take 3 hours to get ready for a game now don't want to have to go threw that there last two seasons and loose.

100% agree.

What was KG supposed to do? Sit here and pout? Pierce was going either way, he didn't have a no trade clause and Danny was clearly rebuilding. Like it or not, KG being traded - as well as Paul - was best for Danny's plan.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
In fairness to Ray, what was he supposed to say?

He's not going to come out and say that the situations are completely different and its hard how to evaluate them both together.

This has to be the ideal outcome for Ray and his image having gone to Miami. He wins a ring, which is more than enough support for his decision to bail and then immediately after KG and PP get traded to Eastern Conference team.

I'm excited to see the interactions next season when the Nets play the Heat. It's going to be weird/interesting.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Allen said literally nothing in that minute.
Just like his defense. Just nothing. Just wasn't there. Quick. Offer him a contract to stay here with a no trade clause. Oh wait. No. Don't.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
why does Allen want to continue to talk about the Celtics?

He left, we don't need another sound bite from Judas.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Was contemplating starting a thread on this.

It's a business. But it doesn't mean there can't be good feelings to be had.

Ainge sent the vets to their last championship. In return picks.

Doc left but at least he left us a pick. Sure, it probably wasn't on the team's terms, seeing what Wyc said, but it's definitely better than the way Ray Allen left.

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
They tried to trade KG to the Clips last February, and again in June before the whole "you can't trade player and coach thing". Then, they tried to send KG to Brooklyn, so KG must have been like "well ok they don't want me so might as well"
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 03:10:53 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

Doc left but at least he left us a pick. Sure, it probably wasn't on the team's terms, seeing what Wyc said, but it's definitely better than the way Ray Allen left.

Doc was being called into a 2nd news conference ..the 1st had been canceled because the Clips came back..THEN said the negotiator didn't have the authority to authorize any specifics. Danny walks away AGAIN and everyone says it's really REALLY dead and then apparently the negotiator (Doc) apparently did have the authority ???

Doc didn't give anything. He took assets off the table while ignoring and staying off his employers grid. Ray...is not comparable to Doc. Loyalty is a nice word but it's not written into contracts. Non compete clauses are and Doc broke those clauses and violated the letter of and spirit of a contract he signed. I don't know how on earth folks can put Ray in league with Doc.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 03:16:33 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
wow

i thought it was gonna be more..
we all know u dont know what a man goes thru till u walk in his shoes..

learned nothin

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
wow

i thought it was gonna be more..
we all know u dont know what a man goes thru till u walk in his shoes..

learned nothin

Exactly the way I felt when I heard the Judas sound byte.