Author Topic: Would you have traded Rondo for Nerlans Noel?  (Read 6513 times)

Re: Would you have traded Rondo for Nerlans Noel?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
No.

Noel has a lot of upside, but I'm not sure how confident I am that he will ever develop an offensive game/bulk up. On top of that he is coming off the same injury that everyone is downgrading Rondo for except his was a lot worse.

The 2014 pick that you get won't be that high.

I'd expect a solid young talent and 2 unprotected firsts (one being 2014). Or alternatively 2 solid young talents and a unprotected 2014 first. That's my minimum.

I may have reconsidered if we could have dumped all three of Wallace, Bass and Lee. We'd have young talent, 3 picks and tons of cap space, but even then I'm not sure. Rondo is talent now, if I'm trading him I don't want to get back potential that might not ever come about.

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
NO Nerlens is a stick

LoL ... thats what I think too every time I see him.

I try and imagine him trying to stop Shaq, Moses Malone, Ewing , or even Hibbert ....

LBJ would run him down like a run away train.  Even Wade might break him  . 

Even Sully or Big Baby would knock him 20 feet into the stands with a big body
slam.

Question is can he still be athletic and play at 250 lbs , and knock heads with Marc Gasol and Dwight Howard.

He has a long way to go to get an NBA strength type body

Really?  He is a teenager.  I can think of at least one skinny center, limited offensively, getting ring after ring going against a physical monster.
[/quote

yup really !!!!!!

he is already broken and not even in the NBA .... he is too skinny to be a center.......he looks like a tall JJJ ..... 

he needs to eat or grow or get killed

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
I would have done Rondo for Oladipo and 2014 unprotected 1st + 2016 unprotected 1st from a bad team.  I don't believe in Noel offensively.

Oladipo has MUCH more value than Rondo at this point.

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Depends on what sort of protection the 2014 pick is. Noel is hugely overrated, IMO.

Watching Noel sit there pick after pick reminded me of Pierce in 1998. Noel's situation was way worse though for two reasons.  #1.  He was projected to go first.  #2.  The 2013 draft class was really bad.

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I would have done Rondo for Oladipo and 2014 unprotected 1st + 2016 unprotected 1st from a bad team.  I don't believe in Noel offensively.

Oladipo has MUCH more value than Rondo at this point.

In the sense that Rondo has a knee injury at this point, you would be correct.  Rondo at even just 80% is far more valuable than Oladipo, however.

Mike

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Tnext question would be, if given the chance, should Danny trade Rondo to Orlando or Charlotte for a 2014 first and also get back a player like Zeller, MKG, or Nicholson?