Author Topic: Was Melo really that bad yesterday?  (Read 4989 times)

Re: Was Melo really that bad yesterday?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Hopefully the new coach and staff can teach these kids how to play basketball better than the River's group.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE THOSE COMMENTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Sorry, sorry, sorry!!! Ubuntu!!!!

I thought the Rivers group just gave court side seats to young people as long as they put on a Celtics uniform....watch and cheer as if you were an almost player....like Terrance Williams, Fab melo...and many more.....Fab said yesterday that doc never held any practices so he never knew anything about anyone..except his fav players...

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Melo just needs some patience and someone to work with him. I think Doc is your classic vet's coach, couldn't care less about developing guys unless they were undersized bigs he could fit into the role he loved next to KG.

Fab needs some reps. I frankly think it's amazing he's in the NBA given his obvious lack of experience.

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:46 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Hopefully the new coach and staff can teach these kids how to play basketball better than the River's group.
I think that is part of the reason Stevens was hired...because he and his assistants have proven to be very good at taking average to poor basketball recruits and teaching them the skills needed to be successful. The C's have several guys with more physical abilities than anybody Stevens has had on his team, ever.

I think the hope is that he can take Olynyk (with one real year of work as a big man) and Melo and develop their skills. In Melo's case see if he can train up his instincts.

Also, maybe work on guys like Brooks and Crawford and turn them into smarter, team-oriented basketball players. I mean, both Brooks and Crawford have the physical abilities to be excellent offensive *and* defensive guards, but neither are...mostly because of deficits between their ears. They aren't dumb, though, and could learn if they are approached right and motivated.

Butler's recruits were not poor and most of them were better than average. That said, Stevens did an amazing job with that program.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:51 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i think he's garbage.  saw him play yesterday and thought he looked like a typical nba journeyman stiff.

being a arizona alum,  he reminds me of loren woods.   the only thing i like about Melo is that he's Brazilian. For some reason,  that gives me a shred of hope.