Author Topic: Fascinating video that relates to the C's today  (Read 1620 times)

Fascinating video that relates to the C's today
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:37:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f43gQbtVEsk

1)The first part of the video reminds me of today, the breaking up of an old championship team

2)At the 40 second mark in the video , it mentions how the replacements (Sidney Wicks and Curtis Lowe) were the opposites of everything the C's stood for .

Today Danny has Collected a bunch of great C's type players with great work ethic and high BBIQ(Rondo,Sully,Green,Olnyk, Bradley)

Danny wins

3)At the 55 second mark of the video it mentions how the downward spiral continued when the C's traded 3 first round picks for an old Bob Macadoo

Today Danny has traded an old KG and PP for 3 first rd picks .

Danny wins this one again

4) Red was on his way to join the knicks ,but stayed. While they didn't have the same job, Doc was a huge part of the organization and decided to leave for LA

5) The drafting of Larry Bird

-Red knew that he was going to have to wait a year to get Larry bird after he drafted him, and the team would struggle until then, but he had the patience and foresight to do what was best for the organization .

-Danny has started to do the same thing by trading PP,KG,and Doc for picks. He needs to keep Rondo out for about 40 games , so we can have a shot at a top 5 pick next year. He realizes we won't be very good, but he has young guys he can develop under a young coach whom all embody the celtic spirit that the pre Larry Bird C's failed to do.

Final Conclusion: If the C's can land a stud in the top 5 , and pair them with Rondo, and High skilled/BBIQ Players(Sully,Olnyk,Bradley,Green) we will be right back in contention.

Don't you think Rondo knows that if he plays from day 1 , he won't be 100%? That if the c's win too many games he will be stuck on a mediocre team ? I mean PP was talked out of coming back in the 2006-07 season because this was his chance to actually get legit talent next to him . 

Take the decision out of Rondo's hand ,and do what is best for the organization in the long run Danny! You know how to do it, you did it before

C's are in such good shape moving into the future IMO, but the key is to keep Rondo out til January so we can land our Larry Bird through the draft , or trading all the assets we collect.

Re: Fascinating video that relates to the C's today
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »

Offline JJones1090

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Interesting parallels. Pretty cool! I'll take another Larry Bird if that's the direction we're heading haha. And I agree, I think the guys we have right now are the embodiment of the ideals we hold as a team.

I'm a DA fan.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Not sure about your analysis on Rondo, but great thread--thanks!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
good find, TP. those were the days!

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
greatvid.  catches us 08ers up a bit.  love the celtic team way lets hope thats what danny is building as well