Author Topic: Thunder and Pacers  (Read 837 times)

Thunder and Pacers
« on: July 08, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
Is there anyone that thinks this young Celtic squad could develop into a Pacer like team. Keep our young core of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Olynyk. Now with one top 3 pick we can be more like a Thunder squad IF we get our playmaker #NoWigginsGimmeParker
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

Re: Thunder and Pacers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Is there anyone that thinks this young Celtic squad could develop into a Pacer like team. Keep our young core of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Olynyk. Now with one top 3 pick we can be more like a Thunder squad IF we get our playmaker #NoWigginsGimmeParker

I don't see Sully and Olynyk as strong enough in the front court.  More likely Sully and some picks get packaged in a year for a better player to pair with Olynyk IMO.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I've always advocated for the C's to look towards a more Indiana/Memphis-esque blueprint rather than the Thunder blueprint. We're in great position right now to mix young talent from the draft with proven veterans, and that formula is clearly winning over the league right now. That being said, the only starters that should be carrying over are Rondo, Green, and MAYBE Bradley, provided they're not traded. Sully is definitely better suited for a backup role, while the jury is still out on Olynyk, though his defense is suggesting he's a bench player for now.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:11:03 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

I don't see Sully and Olynyk as strong enough in the front court.  More likely Sully and some picks get packaged in a year for a better player to pair with Olynyk IMO.
If one is to be packaged for a better player, it has to be Olynyk.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

If one is to be packaged for a better player, it has to be Olynyk.

I agree 100% on Sully. Although i think Olynyk will become a big part of our future sucess. To your defensive questioning, i think he's just adapting to the speed of the NBA compared to college. He looked pretty darn good in the post, he did get crossed twice but again thats more of an adapting to the speed of the game.
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart