Author Topic: Celtics/Magic trade idea  (Read 750 times)

Celtics/Magic trade idea
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o69snd9

Rajon Rondo, Brandon Bass, and DJ White

for

Moe Harkless, Andrew Nicholson, Jameer Nelson, top 4 protected 2014 first, and unprotected 2016 first

Orlando reasoning
: They'd be looking to push into the playoffs. Rondo provides vet experience to a young team. Their core line-up would look like this:

Rondo
Afflalo, Oladipo
Harris
Davis, Bass
Vucevic

With Rondo, they get the most out of Vucevic and pick and pop players Davis and Bass. Afflalo is a great pair for Rondo in the back court, and Oladipo will thrive playing with him. Rondo's contract is also team-friendly. It's a really good match for him and Orlando.

Boston reasoning
: We're trying to blow it up and rebuild by collecting as many assets as we can. I think that this might be one of the better hauls we can get for Rondo.

Harkless and Nicholson are nice, young assets that I would love to give playing time to. I think at this point, we would trade/waive/dump Wallace as best we can to clear up playing time. Both Harkless and Nicholson are smart players that would buy into a team aspect.

Nelson's role, other than being trade filler, is to handle the ball up and down the court. Let's be honest - even though we are trying to lose, we don't want to see Bradley making mistake after mistake bringing the ball up. It'll hurt his confidence as well. Nelson was the starter of an NBA Finals team and is a decent enough floor general. He's no Rondo, but he'll be much better than any of the point guards we already have available.

Then we get 2 first round picks as well. Just building more and more of an asset base.

What do you guys think?
I like Marcus Smart

Re: Celtics/Magic trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Orlando wants ping pong balls, not a trip to the playoffs next season.  They say no.

It's a decent trade for the celtics though.