Author Topic: My View on this OffSeason, and what should be done.  (Read 1269 times)

My View on this OffSeason, and what should be done.
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
First and for most. I am against tanking this year. Here are my reasons, we already have 9 draft picks the next 5 years, 2 in which i believe the nets can possibly be a lottery team in 2-4 years with ease. I believe we do not take a chance on hoping the receive the 1st overall pick and get wiggins. Here are my reasons.

Last  time i checked this past year Rajon rondo when he played the whole first half of the season he lead the league in triple doubles( still leads the league in triple doubles and didnt play second half of the season), was having a career year in RBG which means he was picking up the slack for our terrible rebounding team and was working hard on every possession. He was also scoring 13 ppg and was having his best shooting % year. If he didnt get hurt we would have probably been in the ECF again, and gave the heat a run for the money once again. We are not trading rondo, he is our future, he can clearly work on his jump shot and was already drastically improved on his jump shot, rondo can score, he just chose to differ to 3 hall of gamers the past 4 years and still averaged 10ppg if rondo took 5-10 more shots a game he could possibly average close to 16 a game with ease. Why trade rondo for a draft pick when we have 9 OF THEM ALREADY, why trade him and have no GUARENTEE of a lottery pick, who said we are getting #1 overall pick if we trade him, the most we would have is a 50% chance at getting #1 pick ill take the 80% chance rondo comes back healthy and has a career year.

With all that being said, we will not get 1st overall pick with Rajon rondo and Jeff green on our roster, i think are [dang] team could be a playoff team with this roster( lose first round yes, but a playoff team). Why trade rondo for a 1st when IMO the bobcats, magic or whichever other team most likely would be terrible this year wont want to trade for rondo, not do i think if they get rondo would then be terrible. So with this being said, i say Build around rondo, these assets we have just received from the nets trade to acquire josh smith and al Jeff or dwight Howard, and watch Jeff Green blossom. Id take my chances on seeing Jeff Green become our true number 1 option, hes shown he can drop 40 in a game. AGAINST THE MIAMI HEAT , AGAINST LEBRON JAMES OR SHANE BATTIER WHOCH EVER WAS COVERING HIM BOTH GREAT DEFENDERS, Jeff Green is For real and rajon rondo arguably is top 3 PG in the league.

If that isnt possible, then only other choice we have is tell rondo to sit out this whole season. And have a starting 5 of Bradley, lee, Jeff green, Humphries and olynk and we will be in every game, and at the end we must tell our new coach coming in to lose the game purposely.

USE THESE ASSETS TO RELOAD , NOT REBUILD, WE ALREADY HAVE TWO PICKS THIS YEAR IN THE 1st ROUND, IF ANYTHING IF WE REALLY WANT TO WE COULD POSSIBY TRADE UP IN THE DRAFT AT SEASONS END.

Re: My View on this OffSeason, and what should be done.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
There's a reason arguably top 5 PF of all time in Kevin Garnett said Jeff Green could be THE GOAT(Greatest of all time) he has that potential and definately has that athleticism and with a whole healthy offseason i see him averaging 23ppg easy next year, if we can land Smith and  Al Jeff or Dwight. I see us being in great shape and Contending for the title with some other minor moves. Lets go Danny, i see you working up a plan.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
This is a ridiculous opinion, particularly Jeff Green averaging 23 points per game.  More importantly, this doesn't deserve its own thread.  You couldn't post this in one of the numerous threads on the exact same topic?

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Glad your against tanking, Ainge probably could care less.   A top five pick add to that makes us even better and there is no way not to spin that.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
This is a ridiculous opinion, particularly Jeff Green averaging 23 points per game.  More importantly, this doesn't deserve its own thread.  You couldn't post this in one of the numerous threads on the exact same topic?

When he started he averaged 20 ppg, ur ridiculous for being for us tanking and praying for a good draft pick, bozo.