Author Topic: Rivers sells out Wyc or another C's owner  (Read 4027 times)

Re: Rivers sells out Wyc or another C's owner
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 06:33:14 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Doc on @WEEI about @BillSimmons: “He did everything he could to get me fired. Wrote letters, wanted to sit down w/ owners to talk about it.”

— Ben Rohrbach (@brohrbach) June 28, 2013

Then, he tacked on this:

The quote I just retweeted is an outright, 100 percent lie. I’d be careful, Glenn. Seriously. Stop talking. You are making sh*t up.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) June 28, 2013

Glenn really needs a PR guy. I know he thinks he's good with the press but he has been his own worse enemy.

Ainge said Tuesday the Celtics informed Rivers by letter on May 9 that they expected him to fulfill his contract.

“Honestly, I can tell you that I never read that letter. I’ve never seen that letter.”

OK, then. This seems to be the root of the problem. Generally, I make it a point to open letters from my employer, especially when my future is in question. But that’s just me.

“I’m sure he did send it, but I think that’s what you probably have to do. My guess is that it was when Brooklyn asked for permission [to talk to me]. I think that’s just a formality of things that you have to do. I think that’s more that they had to do that. We never had any of that going on at all. I never threatened to leave.”

He just didn’t open his mail from May 9.

“I didn’t intend to irritate anybody in this. Danny went out and made a statement that I was coming back as the coach, and I hadn’t told him that, and that’s when this whole silence thing from me started, because I just didn’t think it was my place to say something that I didn’t know if it was true. It wasn’t like I was trying to leave is what I kept saying. I just didn’t know if I needed a break. And if I was going to take a break, it was going to be to do TV or just going to travel for a year — going to college games and watching other coaches.”

Ainge told The Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn on May 13 that Rivers was returning as coach.

“That’s what was my plan — to do TV and then do a lot of traveling, just to keep learning — because I’m 51, I think. I don’t even know what I am. Fifty two? I’m too young to retire. That’s not what I was thinking.”

Rivers is 51 years old, and that is too young to retire.

“I just thought that, after nine years, I didn’t know if my job had run its course in Boston. That’s where the change came. Honestly, I thought I would be a coach there forever, but it got to a point with me that I just felt strong about it. It was nothing that anyone did. It was nothing that Danny did. I thought what may have irritated Danny at some point was that I just couldn’t give him an answer.”

You think?

Are these folks in sealed bubbles? Did it dawn on anyone to say..."Hey...just tell em' your too attached to the guys your with and don't wanna go thru the rebuild...don't tell em your burnt out or wanna travel...that just puts you in a corner....just tell the truth. It's not a crime to wanna be happy"

Now he's having flame wars with Bill Simmons... ???