Author Topic: Wake up call: We aren't getting Wiggins or Parker  (Read 6680 times)

Wake up call: We aren't getting Wiggins or Parker
« on: June 28, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
There's literally a better chance of us making the playoffs next year than winning the Wiggens lottery. Add Parker, if you'd like. For these other 5 all-stars - I've never heard of one, and no one has discussed them here yet. No reason to be excited - we're likely screwed.

Given the odds couldn't be much worse, what's plan B?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Wake up call: We aren't getting Wiggins or Parker
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
NBA wont let us have the #1 pick anyways if we did have the worst record
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
So I take it your a glass half empty kind of guy...

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm not too sure about us going for Wiggins or even Parker. I think we are tanking but the draft is one of many strategies. Remember 2007, I bet Danny does. Tanked and got the #4 pick. I think drafting them is just one option. If we do not, I think we might try to flip that pick into a trade

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 08:31:10 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
There's literally a better chance of us making the playoffs next year than winning the Wiggens lottery. Add Parker, if you'd like. For these other 5 all-stars - I've never heard of one, and no one has discussed them here yet. No reason to be excited - we're likely screwed.

If DA's plan A is tank for wiggins, then he should be fired.  If fans think that plan A is tank for wiggins, then they should be fired too.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

...define literally. Because I'm pretty sure that if we tank, we aren't making the playoffs no matter what.

Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, and Aaron Gordon. You haven't heard of a single one of these players?

Randle, Gordon, and Smart are all higher than Parker in the Draft Express 2014 mock draft.

Marcus Smart was #2 overall in most NBA mock drafts before going back to school.

The Harrison twins are 6'5 and one plays PG.

Draft Express analysis for Andrew Harrison:
Arguably the most talented guard in all of high school basketball. Top-shelf NBA prospect. Will be a game-changer from day one in college.

I'm fine with any of these other players too.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 08:37:18 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

If DA's plan A is tank for wiggins, then he should be fired.  If fans think that plan A is tank for wiggins, then they should be fired too.

Thank you... The fact that people think we're truly tanking for the #1 pick is ridiculous. Terrible waste of a year since it's a lottery. Our 24 win team was the 5th pick for example in 2007... And people thought we'd get a top 2 pick.

It's not worth it. DA wants picks and assets and wanted something back for our aging superstars that he can use in future deals. That's it. If we're bad enough for a top pick fine. But it's not DA or any good GM's plan A.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We are due a break and Stern might be gone by this one, so no more practice draws until another team wins.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Plan A isn't tank for wiggins. It's just tank. "Tanking for Wiggins" implies that there is only one successful outcome.

Honestly, the consolation prizes are really good. If they let high school players into the draft, and only these guys declared, there's a very strong chance that one of them would be drafted first overall.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 08:39:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

...define literally. Because I'm pretty sure that if we tank, we aren't making the playoffs no matter what.

Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, and Aaron Gordon. You haven't heard of a single one of these players?

Randle, Gordon, and Smart are all higher than Parker in the Draft Express 2014 mock draft.

Marcus Smart was #2 overall in most NBA mock drafts before going back to school.

Arguably the most talented guard in all of high school basketball. Top-shelf NBA prospect. Will be a game-changer from day one in college.

Does that mean he could be as good as Victor Oladipo.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Wow!

A 6'5" PG.  He might be the next Michael Carter-Williams.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Does that mean he could be as good as Victor Oladipo.

Well Noel was ahead of him, and seeing as how Noel slipped, there is a strong case that he'd be #1 overall on a lot of drafts (circumstantially).
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
We're not gonna make the playoffs

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Wow!

A 6'5" PG.  He might be the next Michael Carter-Williams.

Just like how Anthony Bennett is the next Lebron because he is around the same height, weight, and plays the same position as him, right?!?!?!
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Draft Express didn't exactly light up the top 10 in this years draft predicting who would get picked when. And that's with a mock draft put out a day or days ahead of the draft. Their look at the draft at this time last  year had Shabazz Mohammed and Marcus Smart as top picks and Victor Oladipo and Anthony Bennett and Alex Len were no where bear the top 10.

I am not sure putting Draft Express' opinion of who is going to end up where an entire year ahead of time really does anything except make you look like you're not paying attention. Things change. Some of these kids may not come out. They may have bad years and drop. There could be injuries that cause players to drop.