Author Topic: Wake up call: We aren't getting Wiggins or Parker  (Read 6694 times)

Re: Wake up call: We aren't getting Wiggins or Parker
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Julius Randle is going to be a BEAST ! Incredible combination of finesse and toughness. He can dribble, shoot, Finish, and is Strong and quick.He is a future superstar. Next Chris Webber

I watched the Nike Hoop Summit Game and I was really impressed.

My lasting memory of him was when he got an offensive rebound, power dribbled once and bullied everyone out of position, did a Kevin McHale-equse up and under (and over), faking out 2 guys, and powering up strong.

I would be very happy to get this guy. He seems like a good kid off the court as well.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Well Id be shocked if we didnt have a top 8 pick next year even with Rondo. Flip Rondo and that pick and I think you could be looking at a Julius Randle/Parker type of player.

Haven't you listened to KG?

ANYTHINGS POSSIBLLLLLEEEE!!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 12:31:09 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well Id be shocked if we didnt have a top 8 pick next year even with Rondo. Flip Rondo and that pick and I think you could be looking at a Julius Randle/Parker type of player.

But then we flip the Randle/Parker type player for some more assets and a lottery pick in the 2018 draft.  There are some kids in middle school right now who are going to blow the 2014 draft class out of the water.

Patience, patience. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

David Kahn was fired in Minnesota and even Michael Jordan isn't stupid enough to trade out of next year's top 5. You aren't getting anyone to move a top 5 pick in next year's draft for Rondo and a mid to late lotto pick.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:16:26 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 11:15:45 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
the celtics dont automatically get wiggins or parker. sorry, but not a revelation. the celtics MIGHT get them, but the odds are low.

i agree.

but then, the celtics missed durant and oden. things still turned out all right. i honestly believe that ainge can rebuild this team since he will have a boatload more of assets to trade in a few year than he did before.

i am very optimistic, with or without wiggins or parker.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 11:17:10 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If we do this tank job right, showcase our young talent and make sure the league sees that they can play with the rest of the NBA, add our 1st round pick along with it and MAYBE just MAYBE we can move up and get a top 5 pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »

Offline DoverCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
As people have stated, DA has proven himself capable of finding other ways to retool this team without a top 3 pick. I think if we find ourselves in a situation similar to 2007 draft, we need to trust that DA will do the right thing and trade the picks for a star player, or draft a player he deems capable of helping out the franchise. Besides, its way too early to predict what the drafts after the 2014 look like. For all we know its better than this years.

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
There's literally a better chance of us making the playoffs next year than winning the Wiggens lottery. Add Parker, if you'd like. For these other 5 all-stars - I've never heard of one, and no one has discussed them here yet. No reason to be excited - we're likely screwed.

Given the odds couldn't be much worse, what's plan B?

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
TP for this thread.

Its so annoying how so many people think that its better for us to tank than to try to trade and rebuild within a year. Seriously, have you guys already forgotten the 2007 Draft?

If D12 leaves, Lakers will be awful and if Lakers and Celtics are competing for the number 1 pick in the draft, then Los Angeles will win it. NBA will benefit more by sending Wiggins and/or Parker to LA's big market than they will if he comes to Boston.

That deals with Draft Lottery fixing and disregards our luck, another huge factor.

1997 - We lose out on Duncan.
2007 - We lose out on Oden/Durant.

What do you guys want? That our list extends to "2014 - We lose out on Wiggins/Parker?"

You would rather take a huge risk on trying out the Celtics luck in the lottery, which hasn't worked in the past, than try something which has much better success rate?

Reading the counter-arguments in this thread could really give you more perspective...

This isn't a one man draft. This draft is projected to have numerous all-stars, 2003 caliber.

If we tank in 2003, and lose out on Lebron, is it all over?

Not if we draft Wade, Melo, Bosh, etc.

The haters will really be mad if we tank and make sure we have the worst record in the association. That guarantees us a top 4 or 5 pick right? we get a stud then DA wheels and deals and gets back in for say a top 6 or 7 pick? minds would be blown here. 

two studs in one draft? ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

LET'S GO CELTICS!