Author Topic: Colton Iverson heading overseas?  (Read 1252 times)

Colton Iverson heading overseas?
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Well it seems like we wont enjoy Iverson playing for us this season, according to the Boston Herald:
The blockbuster trade that is now in place between the Celtics and Nets could translate into significant opportunity for younger players. With that in mind, the Celtics hurriedly assembled their team for the Orlando Summer League, which begins on July 7. In addition to last year's rookie center, Fab Melo, 2013 first round pick Kelly Olynyk, and second rounder Colton Iverson, a seven-footer from Colorado State, the Celtics have signed Missouri point guard Phil Pressey to a free agent contract. The team will only have a short time with Iverson, who reportedly plans to play in Europe next year, though the Celtics hold his rights. Boston Herald
Personally I think it is weird because I dont think he can develop his game much more, due to the fact that he just turned 24 today, he could prove me wrong tho.

To the guys that arent familiar with this fella, here is a video showing what this guy is capable of doing;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BiytWabiiE

Great shooter for his size.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: Colton Iverson heading overseas?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Well it seems like we wont enjoy Iverson playing for us this season, according to the Boston Herald:
The blockbuster trade that is now in place between the Celtics and Nets could translate into significant opportunity for younger players. With that in mind, the Celtics hurriedly assembled their team for the Orlando Summer League, which begins on July 7. In addition to last year's rookie center, Fab Melo, 2013 first round pick Kelly Olynyk, and second rounder Colton Iverson, a seven-footer from Colorado State, the Celtics have signed Missouri point guard Phil Pressey to a free agent contract. The team will only have a short time with Iverson, who reportedly plans to play in Europe next year, though the Celtics hold his rights. Boston Herald
Personally I think it is weird because I dont think he can develop his game much more, due to the fact that he just turned 24 today, he could prove me wrong tho.

To the guys that arent familiar with this fella, here is a video showing what this guy is capable of doing;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BiytWabiiE

Great shooter for his size.

Ill have to find where i found it, i thought it said he will go overseas if he doesn't make this years roster

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its a threat to make a decision on iverson fast and not drag it until end of pre season before he is cut. And who can blame iverson also, he needs to get his career going.

It will be interesting to see how he does vs melo.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Iverson will go to Boston on Sunday, then immediately head to Orlando for summer league. Pensack said summer league will give a better indication of Iverson’s fit. He said the absolute worst-case scenario is that Iverson doesn’t make the team and goes overseas for a year before returning.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20130628/SPORTS0202/306280030/Boston-Celtics-eyed-Colton-Iverson-long-before-selecting-him-NBA-Draft

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
[dang]! there goes the celtics season down the tubes.

heck, without colton iverson i doubt the celtics even make the playoffs this year. ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva