Author Topic: RUMOR: Crazy rumor that Rondo contacted Smith and Howard to join him in Beantown  (Read 21766 times)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Sweet. 3 volatile prima donnas in the same lineup. They should make for some greaa theater in the 4th quarter of games with their 57%FT shooting!

Not sure what there is to complain about if you have DH and Smith on your team. I would be thrilled!

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sweet. 3 volatile prima donnas in the same lineup. They should make for some greaa theater in the 4th quarter of games with their 57%FT shooting!

True, but on the other hand their defense and athleticism would be unmatched.

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Interesting thought: If Dwight didn't like playing next to Kobe, he probably isn't gonna like playing next to Rondo.

Pick and Roll,
Lob Country
Get 'Em
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ok, so now it's time to make this puppy a reality.

Here goes

1.)Celts trade Humph's expiring, Marshon Brooks and one of the Celts future first round draft picks to Atlanta for Smoove in a sign/trade.

2.)Celts trade Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley and a future 1st to Portland for LMA. Portland sends LMA and filler to the Lakers for Dwight.

Dwight then comes to Boston

Might be complicated.  Can traded players like Brooks be dealt right away or isn't there a ninety day waiting period?
That only applies to free agent signings I think.
No free agent signed in the offseason can be traded until December 15 of that year or until three months have passed (whichever comes later), a rule that prevents teams from signing free agents with the intent of using them strictly as trade fodder. For draft picks this moratorium lasts 30 days.
If a team acquires a player in a trade, they are allowed to trade that player straight-up for another individual player immediately. However, if they wish to package that player with another and make a trade, the team must wait 60 days before doing so.

Where are you getting this 60 day wait from?

You can't aggregate the salaries of players acquired via trade if youre over the cap previous or after acquiring the new player via trade. that's what makes it impossible.

Example: if a team acquires player A via trade, they can't combine him with player B to make salaries match in a trade acquiring player c.

I think I found the key paragraph:

Teams can send out more than one player in the same simultaneous trade. If the outgoing salaries are combined in order to acquire a replacement player with a higher salary than would be available by trading any outgoing player alone, the process is called "aggregation." For example, since the most a taxpaying team can receive for a $10 million player is $12.6 million, it cannot trade its $10 million player for another team's $15 million player. However, it can aggregate the salary of its $10 million player with that of another player making $2 million. With the combined $12 million the team can trade for up to $15.1 million, which lets them trade for the $15 million player. An aggregated trade must be simultaneous -- aggregated non-simultaneous trades are not allowed. Also, if a team is over the cap when it acquires a player, it cannot include that player in an aggregated trade for two months.

But I'll need to read up more to see what this actually means.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:25:57 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Ok, so now it's time to make this puppy a reality.

Here goes

1.)Celts trade Humph's expiring, Marshon Brooks and one of the Celts future first round draft picks to Atlanta for Smoove in a sign/trade.

2.)Celts trade Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley and a future 1st to Portland for LMA. Portland sends LMA and filler to the Lakers for Dwight.

Dwight then comes to Boston

Might be complicated.  Can traded players like Brooks be dealt right away or isn't there a ninety day waiting period?
That only applies to free agent signings I think.
No free agent signed in the offseason can be traded until December 15 of that year or until three months have passed (whichever comes later), a rule that prevents teams from signing free agents with the intent of using them strictly as trade fodder. For draft picks this moratorium lasts 30 days.
If a team acquires a player in a trade, they are allowed to trade that player straight-up for another individual player immediately. However, if they wish to package that player with another and make a trade, the team must wait 60 days before doing so.

Where are you getting this 60 day wait from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap and http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q86
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Idk if this is possible, but if it is, Danny do it, only way well be able to beat lebron James the next 4-5 years, wed have josh smith to gaurd him one on one and have dwight Howard watching the basket.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
So what i have been reading on here that it is possible and its not possible to do this. Granted I don't think we have the pieces to get this done, but is this possible?

Offline Chris.J

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Yeah still confused - Didn't we get some sort of trade exception for pierce's contract. like a window where we could squeeze a max player into? Not sure about this just asking.

Also just curious - how is dallas going to get DH - they still have to trade the matrix right? Wouldn't they have to take back salary to do this and hence not be able to get DH?

Seems to me we do have a lot of draft picks to entice teams like Atlanta to take on Gerald Wallace and Humpries. Dang the CBA is confusing!

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Also for what its worth the tweets i am reading from someone named Conor Cummings say D12 talks will continue to heat up this weekend. Again i am reaching for anything here, but wouldn't that be something? I would just be happy if the celtics did get brought up in all of this.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Last thing I will say about this supposed rumor:

MEET

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Last thing I will say about this supposed rumor:

MEET

LOL i know. All I in all i know this is just some B.S. But hopefully we all wake up tomorrow or Sunday and hear about Rondo trying to recruit these two to Boston.

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Hard to believe, but I guess it's a possibility. And being that Ainge is unpredictable, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow managed to pull something like this off. Still can't see Dwight coming here, though.

It'd be interesting to see a Dwight/KG front court in Brookyln, though!

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Not very likely to happen ofcourse....but if dwight/josh say s&t boston or I leave in FA..this would add a lot of leverage to boston and i think we could maybe have enough assets...just for the fun of crazy ideas

Bass+Bradley+Humphries+Olynik+ 2x 1st´14(bos/nets) + 1st´15(clips)+(Filler via LA) -> Horford+Smith 

Horford+Green+1st´16(nets) -> Howard+Filler

Sallaries do work. I am not sure if I would like it for Boston.

Rondo/?
Lee/brooks
Smith/wallace/bogans
Sully/?
Howard/?

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Who we going to trade to make this happen? I just don't see us having the assets to make it happen unless we give up those picks and the like.

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Who we going to trade to make this happen? I just don't see us having the assets to make it happen unless we give up those picks and the like.

I would be more than happy to give up those picks to have dwight josh smith n rondo as a trio in their prime and go out and build our team like heat get a bunch of 3point shooters who play defense.