Author Topic: RUMOR: Crazy rumor that Rondo contacted Smith and Howard to join him in Beantown  (Read 21797 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Interesting thought: If Dwight didn't like playing next to Kobe, he probably isn't gonna like playing next to Rondo.

That's nonsense... their personalities are going to clash big time, I'll give you that, but Rondo actually passes the ball, I think Howard will like playing with him.

It's the off-court stuff that is worrying if anything.

Rondo has rubbed everyone the wrong way he's played with at some point, including Doc. At some point, he'd go off on Howard. And Howard doesn't have the 'Im your big brother, and Im going to kill you.' Superpowers that KG and Pierce had.

If this trade happened Id put a hundred dollars on Rondo having 'an incident' with Howard before valentines day.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Haven't Howard and Smith both mentioned more than a few times how much they seem to like Boston fans or something to that degree?
"I'd always listen to a team like that," Howard told the Herald. "I want to win a championship, and it takes a certain type of team to win a championship. You know, there's a lot of teams who are great during the regular season. They play well, but it's different once you play in those playoffs, you know?"
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/rumors-scoop-du-jour/dwight-howard-open-joining-celtics-125414058.html

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Interesting thought: If Dwight didn't like playing next to Kobe, he probably isn't gonna like playing next to Rondo.

That's nonsense... their personalities are going to clash big time, I'll give you that, but Rondo actually passes the ball, I think Howard will like playing with him.

Rondo has rubbed everyone the wrong way he's played with at some point, including Doc. At some point, he'd go off on Howard. And Howard doesn't have the 'Im your big brother, and Im going to kill you.' Superpowers that KG and Pierce had.

If this trade happened Id put a hundred dollars on Rondo having 'an incident' with Howard before valentines day.

I'm completely with you on this regard, but I focused more on the "playing with" aspect of it, i think they'll play well with each other and enjoy playing with each other, but their personalities clashing is worrisome. That said, with Howard locked for multiple years, I wouldn't worry... at worst he becomes an awesome trade asset.

Edit: By the same token, multiple players have loved playing with Rondo...

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Ok, so now it's time to make this puppy a reality.

Here goes

1.)Celts trade Humph's expiring, Marshon Brooks and one of the Celts future first round draft picks to Atlanta for Smoove in a sign/trade.

2.)Celts trade Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley and a future 1st to Portland for LMA. Portland sends LMA and filler to the Lakers for Dwight.

Dwight then comes to Boston

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

Howard would love rondo, cause rondo is going to pass to him every possession, we would definately need Jeff green to become a great jump shooter and find a 3pt shooting SG cause smith is a driver,

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Here goes

1.)Celts trade Humph's expiring, Marshon Brooks and one of the Celts future first round draft picks to Atlanta for Smoove in a sign/trade.

2.)Celts trade Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley and a future 1st to Portland for LMA. Portland sends LMA and filler to the Lakers for Dwight.

Might be complicated.  Can traded players like Brooks be dealt right away or isn't there a ninety day waiting period?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Here goes

Might be complicated.  Can traded players like Brooks be dealt right away or isn't there a ninety day waiting period?

Not to my knowledge.

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72

Here goes

That only applies to free agent signings I think.

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Here goes

No free agent signed in the offseason can be traded until December 15 of that year or until three months have passed (whichever comes later), a rule that prevents teams from signing free agents with the intent of using them strictly as trade fodder. For draft picks this moratorium lasts 30 days.
If a team acquires a player in a trade, they are allowed to trade that player straight-up for another individual player immediately. However, if they wish to package that player with another and make a trade, the team must wait 60 days before doing so.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
If Danny Ainge gets these two and picks up josh redick or Kyle korver, wow.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Here goes

No free agent signed in the offseason can be traded until December 15 of that year or until three months have passed (whichever comes later), a rule that prevents teams from signing free agents with the intent of using them strictly as trade fodder. For draft picks this moratorium lasts 30 days.
If a team acquires a player in a trade, they are allowed to trade that player straight-up for another individual player immediately. However, if they wish to package that player with another and make a trade, the team must wait 60 days before doing so.

Where are you getting this 60 day wait from?

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Here goes

Yeah I don't think this 60 day thing is legit. This is going to sound dumb but I think that due to NBA 2K Association Mode. It follows the rules for FA signings, but you can package players you just traded for. The game follows the rules fairly well I don't see why they'd leave this one out

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Here goes

You can't aggregate the salaries of players acquired via trade if youre over the cap previous or after acquiring the new player via trade. that's what makes it impossible.

Example: if a team acquires player A via trade, they can't combine him with player B to make salaries match in a trade acquiring player c.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Here goes

Yeah I don't think this 60 day thing is legit. This is going to sound dumb but I think that due to NBA 2K Association Mode. It follows the rules for FA signings, but you can package players you just traded for. The game follows the rules fairly well I don't see why they'd leave this one out

At least Coon's faq doesn't seem to make any mention of this, I this would probably be something that would be highlighted somewhere.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sweet. 3 volatile prima donnas in the same lineup. They should make for some greaa theater in the 4th quarter of games with their 57%FT shooting!