Author Topic: RUMOR: Crazy rumor that Rondo contacted Smith and Howard to join him in Beantown  (Read 21789 times)

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Yeah, I'm sorry, but going after unproven high school players, who you have very little chance of actually getting, in favor of a legit super-star and a borderline all-star is flat out nuts.

That's not how to win championships.

But it doesn't matter, we're not getting Dwight and Smith, while keeping Rondo.  Our other assets aren't good enough to net that kind of haul.

The Celtics are probably going to have Kelly Olynyk in their starting five next year. let that sink in. So yes we have a shot at getting Wiggins. In fact even if we dont get wiggins Id rather get a top 5 pick. Julius Randle and Jabari Parker are almost just s good.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Interesting thought: If Dwight didn't like playing next to Kobe, he probably isn't gonna like playing next to Rondo.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
This is nonsense.  This is not how you properly tank.  Andrew Wiggins is rolling over in his grave.

So you're telling us you'd rather take a chance on landing Wiggins, which is extremely unlikely, over having Howard and Smith to pair with Rondo?

To answer your question on why I don't trust your judgement (from another thread), I submit this as exhibit "A".

Wiggins on a rookie contract > Howard and Smith

also, us getting Wiggins is probably more likely at this point too with the new CBA

The team with the worst record has a 25% chance of getting Wiggins.   The Celtics aren't guaranteed to have the worst record (and unlikely to, in my opinion).  Best case scenario might be a 10% chance of Wiggins, a 5% chance of Parker, a 5% chance at the next 2-3 players considered to be potential franchise players, a 40% chance of getting one of the other top ten players, and a 40% chance of being outside the top ten.  You'd come up with a weighted average and compare that to Howard and Smith. 

If the average value of tanking is 60% of the value of Wiggins on a rookie contract, would that be better than Howard and Smith?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Interesting thought: If Dwight didn't like playing next to Kobe, he probably isn't gonna like playing next to Rondo.

Ah, I'm not really following you. One's labeled a selfish chucker and the other is a pass-first point guard.
I like Marcus Smart

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That's nonsense... their personalities are going to clash big time, I'll give you that, but Rondo actually passes the ball, I think Howard will like playing with him.

It's the off-court stuff that is worrying if anything.

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Seriously guys? We JUST drafted our center of the future in Kelly Olynyk.

Why are we even wasting our time with this Dwight bum?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Good joke.

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
A person from CLNS has apparently picked up on the rumor and tweeted it.

Interesting.

Kouza ‏@CLNSKyle
BREAKING: Rumors are swirling through Boston that Rajon Rondo has contacted Josh Smith and Dwight Howard about joining him on the Celtics.

Would be amazing but too bad there's virtually no way for it to happen cap wise. I think someone said it before, we could easily pull off a s&t for Smith if we wanted. Dwight, not so much.
No one thought Danny would pull off KG and Allen trades.

You have to believe in Ainge.

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

A. You should consider deleting this post. B. olynyk is going to play PF C. Your a bozo for this post lol

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

Haha
DKC Suns

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I really doubt Howard and Rondo would have any issues.  Howard and Smith are great friends, Rondo and Smith are great friends.  Sure, friends sometimes have friends that don't like each other, but I don't think this would be like that.

Howard has seen first hand how good Rondo can be in the playoffs.  He also knows Rondo loves to pass the ball, especially to bigs.

Yeah, I'm not buying the chemistry issue concerns.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
If Howard wanted in this would get done. It doesn't matter what the Lakers say they'll take what they can get once Howard walks just like Cleveland did when LeBron did the same.

That would be one hell of a defensive team but offensively pretty ugly. Not sure this thing has any legs anyways. Seems Howard is continent on playing in Texas.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Haven't Howard and Smith both mentioned more than a few times how much they seem to like Boston fans or something to that degree?

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If Howard wanted in this would get done. It doesn't matter what the Lakers say they'll take what they can get once Howard walks just like Cleveland did when LeBron did the same.

That would be one hell of a defensive team but offensively pretty ugly. Not sure this thing has any legs anyways. Seems Howard is continent on playing in Texas.

A Howard/Smith/Rondo core would need shooters on the wings.  Find a couple of solid 3&D wings, and you have yourself a very legit team.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

A Howard/Smith/Rondo core would need shooters on the wings.  Find a couple of solid 3&D wings, and you have yourself a very legit team.

I honestly wouldn't worry to much with the offense... with how dominant defensively they can potentially be, I think it'll generate a lot of transition opportunities. In the half court, we'd be in trouble, but that said, we'd be extremely good offensive rebounding team too.