Author Topic: RUMOR: Crazy rumor that Rondo contacted Smith and Howard to join him in Beantown  (Read 21768 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
It's not possible under the salary cap, unless Smith and D12 are going to take about $3 million per season each.

haha! This.

People often overlook the most important thing, cap space.

However, If Smith and Howard each want to take $3mill, maybe we got something here  ;)

Or people should realize that cap space is not the sole way to acquire free-agents...

I realize this but you've had way too many of those Budweiser's if you believe there is even an ounce of truth to this.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
How does this thread have shelf life?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It's not possible under the salary cap, unless Smith and D12 are going to take about $3 million per season each.

haha! This.

However, If Smith and Howard each want to take $3mill, maybe we got something here  ;)

Or people should realize that cap space is not the sole way to acquire free-agents...

I realize this but you've had way too many of those Budweiser's if you believe there is even an ounce of truth to this.

I don't care about the rumor, I care that the option to make it happen exists and I believe we have the means to do it too.

This morning in another thread I was speculating over the possibility of getting Howard, so I don't need some random internet rumor to fuel trade possibilities or scenarios of the options that Ainge has before him to try and make happen.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
How does this thread have shelf life?

Maybe, because people love to get their idealized hopes up of attaining talent by trading our garbage, as opposed to tanking to what may be another dreadful 82 game season?

If we can get Howard/Smith, then that could be the next Big 3. As it stands, I seriously doubt Howard wants to come. If anything he's probably telling Smith to come with him in Houston or Atlanta, and adding to Smith to tell Rondo to try to tag along.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Its a business. I know for fact Ainge wouldn't back out of dealing with L.A. just because of the on-court rivalry and Lakers would be extremely stupid if they refuse to make any deals with Boston because of rivalry. Luckily for us, the Lakers are one of the few good teams that have a good front office.

The front office that thought that Mike D'Antoni was a good hire as head coach?  That good front office?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I'm not entertaining this rumor at all, but it made me curious. Is there some friendship between Rondo and Howard that I'm not aware of? Everyone knows that Rondo and Smith played together when they were teenagers, but I've never heard of Rondo being connected to Howard in any way.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

haha! This.

I think it would be a bad idea, whether or not it was attempted, but couldn't Danny theoretically do S&T's for both of them--lathering up the outgoing salaries with some of his new 1st-round picks?

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is nonsense.  This is not how you properly tank.  Andrew Wiggins is rolling over in his grave.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I started see those from a Facebook fan page.

Just pipe dreams coming out of people's fantasy minds. I'll look more into it if the lowly reporters like Chris Broussard, Blakely, or even Stephen A. Smith says something.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Not that Dwight would pass up Houston to come to Boston anyway, but why is everyone proposing S&T deals for the Lakers? LA already said they're not going to help facilitate a trade to help Dwight get out of town.

Didn't the Cavs say they wouldn't facilitate a sign-and-trade, then did one?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Not that Dwight would pass up Houston to come to Boston anyway, but why is everyone proposing S&T deals for the Lakers? LA already said they're not going to help facilitate a trade to help Dwight get out of town.

For Lebron? I'm not sure, but that's certainly interesting if true. I guess I won't rule out a S&T with the Lakers, but either way, these rumors are highly unlikely no matter what.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
One can only hope and dream of Smoove, Superman and Rondo having a 3 man party in the Garden this summer like Moe, Larry and Curly did in Miami back in the summer of 2010.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

For Lebron? I'm not sure, but that's certainly interesting if true. I guess I won't rule out a S&T with the Lakers, but either way, these rumors are highly unlikely no matter what.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/trade_100710.html

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
That article doesn't say that Cleveland refused to do one initially though. Not that it matters. I don't think we'll get Dwight, and I wouldn't want him anyway.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Shouldn't the thread title be "IDEA:....." because this really is not a rumor with anything of concrete evidence, just a bunch of guys on Facebook hoping things go down?