Author Topic: RUMOR: Crazy rumor that Rondo contacted Smith and Howard to join him in Beantown  (Read 21801 times)

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Not that Dwight would pass up Houston to come to Boston anyway, but why is everyone proposing S&T deals for the Lakers? LA already said they're not going to help facilitate a trade to help Dwight get out of town.

why cant we just pick up dwight howard? like is there a way we could free up space to get him as a free agent. we just got rid of our biggest contracts, anyway we trade wallace in a sign and trade for smith and smith takes less money to get dwight?

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not that Dwight would pass up Houston to come to Boston anyway, but why is everyone proposing S&T deals for the Lakers? LA already said they're not going to help facilitate a trade to help Dwight get out of town.

Because the alternative is effectively Dwight going to a team with cap space... but if that's there stance, so be it, and I honestly won't lose any sleep about the Lakers losing Howard for nothing.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

why cant we just pick up dwight howard? like is there a way we could free up space to get him as a free agent. we just got rid of our biggest contracts, anyway we trade wallace in a sign and trade for smith and smith takes less money to get dwight?

No.

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
I could maybe see us having enough assets to acquire Smith.  Humphries and draft picks could be enticing to Atlanta.

What on earth would we offer LA though?  And besides, as much as LA would refuse to trade Howard to the Clips for Griffin, they are probably infinitely less likely to make a deal with Boston.

I just don't ever see a deal between these two franchises that involves a super-star, regardless of which direction to player is going.
Its a business. I know for fact Ainge wouldn't back out of dealing with L.A. just because of the on-court rivalry and Lakers would be extremely stupid if they refuse to make any deals with Boston because of rivalry. Luckily for us, the Lakers are one of the few good teams that have a good front office.

i highly doubt the lakers deny, 3 first round pick, sully, wallace, avery bradley , humphries???? we have more than enough trade chips to get howard and josh smith. Its up to danny to see if he does this.

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
if this rumor is true and anyone from this blog prefers to tank this year should be banned from celtic blog. Yes our free throw shooting will be terrible, but teams wont want to foul us because they being a 50% freethrow shooting team could possible still be more points than that team of Rondo Green Smith and Dwight would give up. DEFENSE.

IDK if ATL or Lakers would take gerald wallace contract though, i mean i believe dwight would pick to play with josh smith and rondo, more than just james harden in houston also more than dallas, much more of a winning chance, along with dwight would still be the face of our franchise. But before i hear us receiving Josh Smith, and dwight say himself hes interested in the celtics, idc about these rumors.

Perm banned or temporary banned lol. But in all seriousness if this rumor is true count me in.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I could maybe see us having enough assets to acquire Smith.  Humphries and draft picks could be enticing to Atlanta.

What on earth would we offer LA though?  And besides, as much as LA would refuse to trade Howard to the Clips for Griffin, they are probably infinitely less likely to make a deal with Boston.

I just don't ever see a deal between these two franchises that involves a super-star, regardless of which direction to player is going.
Its a business. I know for fact Ainge wouldn't back out of dealing with L.A. just because of the on-court rivalry and Lakers would be extremely stupid if they refuse to make any deals with Boston because of rivalry. Luckily for us, the Lakers are one of the few good teams that have a good front office.

i highly doubt the lakers deny, 3 first round pick, sully, wallace, avery bradley , humphries???? we have more than enough trade chips to get howard and josh smith. Its up to danny to see if he does this.

Yes I highly doubt the Lakers deny 3 first crappy picks, overpaid fail SF, Bradley who can't do anything besides defend. A headcase in Humphries and the only light in this tunnel is Sullinger, but he's been out with a back injury.

The last thing Lakers want to do is take a chance on a player that's been injured.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown

Yes I highly doubt the Lakers deny 3 first crappy picks, overpaid fail SF, Bradley who can't do anything besides defend. A headcase in Humphries and the only light in this tunnel is Sullinger, but he's been out with a back injury.

The last thing Lakers want to do is take a chance on a player that's been injured.

yup because the nets 2016 and 2018 firsts are going to be crappy, and also who said bradley cant do anything besides defend, and even if he couldnt last time i checked lock down defenders are at a premium, last time i checked gerald wallace is a huge upgrade from metta world peae, last time i checked, HOWARD ISNT RESIGNING AND CAN JUST WALK FOR NOTHING, LAST TIME I CHECKED, YOUR NOT AN NBA GM. You lose.

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Free throws galor!
I like Marcus Smart

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
It's not possible under the salary cap, unless Smith and D12 are going to take about $3 million per season each.

haha! This.

People often overlook the most important thing, cap space.

However, If Smith and Howard each want to take $3mill, maybe we got something here  ;)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

yup because the nets 2016 and 2018 firsts are going to be crappy, and also who said bradley cant do anything besides defend, and even if he couldnt last time i checked lock down defenders are at a premium, last time i checked gerald wallace is a huge upgrade from metta world peae, last time i checked, HOWARD ISNT RESIGNING AND CAN JUST WALK FOR NOTHING, LAST TIME I CHECKED, YOUR NOT AN NBA GM. You lose.

Last time I checked neither are you. You fail even more... Gerald Wallace is actually a worse upgrade than Metta World Peace, and who cares if Howard walks away for nothing? Then the Lakers can focus on trying to find suitable free agent options, cause guess what?

Their the Lakers. Plenty of free agents will come to the Lakers to try and test their luck, or prove that they can make it in the game.

Name one time where the Lakers haven't had any talent at all...

Then name 5 free agents in the past 5 years that actually want to come here except for Smith, Terry, (doesn't count cause he came cause of Doc and not Boston,) or Courtney Lee, (same reason.)

Boston isn't a great free agent destination, and without Doc who is a good players coach. Players don't want to come to a terrible taxed city, cold weather, and a limited night life.

Get real if you seriously think Howard wants to come here. This rumor shouldn't even hold any water at all, because of some random person posting this on twitter. Let's not get our hopes up for no reason.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
It's not possible under the salary cap, unless Smith and D12 are going to take about $3 million per season each.

haha! This.

People often overlook the most important thing, cap space.

However, If Smith and Howard each want to take $3mill, maybe we got something here  ;)

Or people should realize that cap space is not the sole way to acquire free-agents...

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Last time I checked neither are you. You fail even more... Gerald Wallace is actually a worse upgrade than Metta World Peace, and who cares if Howard walks away for nothing? Then the Lakers can focus on trying to find suitable free agent options, cause guess what?

Their the Lakers. Plenty of free agents will come to the Lakers to try and test their luck, or prove that they can make it in the game.

Lakers don't have cap space or much assets to actually acquire someone worthwhile...

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Fake rumor is fake.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Couldn't we do sign and trades for both? Now that we have a plethora of picks we could probably entice Atlanta and LA to sign and trade with us.

Unfortunately, this guy on twitter is probably about as credible as anyone who makes up a rumor on Celticsblog. I think it is even possible that the three want to team up together, but I think it's exceedingly likely it won't be in Boston.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Lakers don't have cap space or much assets to actually acquire someone worthwhile...

They don't now, but neither do we. My point was that if free agents had to make a choice between Boston or Lakers, they'd choose Lakers 75% of the time.

If they really wanted to, they could amnesty Kobe, but then you're losing your fans, and a franchise player who is arguably top 10 player.

Couldn't we do sign and trades for both? Now that we have a plethora of picks we could probably entice Atlanta and LA to sign and trade with us.

Unfortunately, this guy on twitter is probably about as credible as anyone who makes up a rumor on Celticsblog. I think it is even possible that the three want to team up together, but I think it's exceedingly likely it won't be in Boston.

If anything Rondo would want to go to Hawks. He can request a trade for Hawks picks, and future picks. And Howard can just leave, and sign with the Hawks.

I don't care what people say about FT%, a trio of Rondo, Howard, and Smith is no joke, especially given they have a decent bench depth.