Author Topic: David Lee on the block  (Read 3265 times)

Re: David Lee on the block
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2413
No interest in David Lee.

As a final piece to put you over the top? Sure
As a key piece to a rebuilding effort? Nope.

Not sure I know what you mean. The word rebuilding is getting thrown alot an awful here and I am not sure people even really knows what it means.

For me, rebuilding is the process of assembling together a new but equally effective team than the one you had before.

So, for me, a team of Rondo/Green/David Lee/Smith is every bit the team and even better than the one we had last year.

Rebuilding doesn't have to mean being awful nor does it have to mean "acquiring assets" for the "next big star" which could mean sometime between now and when I file for social security.

If you are a 50+ win team and looking for a piece to put you over the top, I say go for David Lee.

Anything less than that, I say no to David Lee.

And what I am saying is the Celts could put a 50 team win on the court with Lee, if they play their cards right.

Deal Humph's expiring to Golden State along with picks for David Lee as Golden State wants salary cap relief.

If you get a 7.5 million trade exception from Brooklyn, then deal that along with filler to Atlanta for Josh Smith.

I was talking about David Lee being added to an already strong playoff team (50+ win team) and making them into a legitimate title contender (say 60+ win team).

Not David Lee being added to a low level playoff team (40-45 win team) and turning them into a solid to strong playoff team (50+ win team).

That is the difference I am talking about.

It is a step lower.

One that would still require another major addition to the roster to make them a clear title contender. If there is way (idea) to make that final move and put them over top after acquiring David Lee, then it would be worthwhile. Certainly. If not, I see Boston getting locked into that "good but not good enough" playoff team category.

Right now, I am not seeing where that next move comes from. The team will have to sacrifice so much of their flexibility and trade assets just to make the J.Smith and D.Lee trades happen. I am not sure how they find a way to make that next (final) move to win a Championship.

Re: David Lee on the block
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
So, for me, a team of Rondo/Green/David Lee/Smith is every bit the team and even better than the one we had last year.

G - Rondo, (backup PG)
G - Bradley, Lee
F - J.Green, G.Wallace
F - Josh Smith, G.Wallace
C - David Lee, (defensive big)

I guess Sully would the main piece of the package going to GSW. With Bass and Bogans as cap makeweights. And a first round pick which I think would be necessary with Bass' non-expiring contract. Then Humphries + 1/2 firsts for Josh Smith in a sign and trade.

If Sully comes back healthy and keeps playing like he did in January I'd be pretty hesitant to trade him for Lee. If you made the trade for Smith you'd still have a boatload of first rounders, maybe you could package a few of them with a combo of Bass/Lee/Wallace at some point over the next couple of years and have a pretty strong squad.

Eh, I am not getting too high on Sully. I think he's a bench player and those back issues of his scare the daylights out of me. Good player, yes. But I fear his back issues will haunt him the rest of his career.