Author Topic: Oh where in the world can we send Gerald Wallace?  (Read 2869 times)

Re: Oh where in the world can we send Gerald Wallace?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
let rondo make him look good then flip him, like perk and every other player rondo made look good offensively.

I agree, having watched a few nets games last year it was really obvious that Wallace wasn't into the games. I don't think the coach or D Williams where making any attempts to utilize him on offense.

Also a not from your post maybe OKC would do a Wallace for Perk trade if the Cs can build back up his value.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
let rondo make him look good then flip him, like perk and every other player rondo made look good offensively.

Right.  Wallace would need to come in and look like the Wallace of 3 years ago to be able to dump without giving up more value. 

Now, that is not out of the realm of possibility.  But I don't think we should count on it.  He is the Raef Lafrentz of this deal.

Yep.

Trying to turn around the next day and move him just means you'd have to pay whatever price his negative value contract currently warrants - which could be a couple future 1st round picks, based on what happened yesterday.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Gerald Wallace and draft considerations (at least one first) in a sign-and-trade for Andrew Bynum for four years starting at $12m, final year partially guaranteed (fully guaranteed if Bynum plays a certain number of games).

Who jumps on the trade and who feels a bit better knowing it could be worse?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference