Author Topic: Jeremiah Rivers (Doc's son) goes OFF on Bill Simmons on Twitter  (Read 14800 times)

Re: Jeremiah Rivers (Doc's son) goes OFF on Bill Simmons on Twitter
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yeah, Simmons is a punk but he was right.

And the entire Rivers family combined is unarmed for a battle of wits against Simmons.
It seems the entire Rivers family felt they were making a collective sacrifice every year when he decided to return to the team. Which is hilarious.

I loved Doc's tenure, but this is one aspect of it I'm not going to miss.

Amen!

So true.  Hilarious Doc said he wasn't going to come back after they lost to the Knicks, then he was going to, then maybe another offer intrigued him, but also he didn't push for it.

hahah oh boy.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 10:48:57 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I haven't had a problem with Rivers leaving.  But, after watching this dude stutter and stammer, change stories and then watch his dumbass kids(and the whole family0 act like he's Vince Lombardi, I'm not going to be sad when he fails in LA.

Bill Simmons is the only one man enough to call Doc out.  The rest of the media is so blinded by Doc's con man act they just stay quiet.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
@BillSimmons @espn My father has never quit anything in his life. He now has an NBA Championship, and helped in rejuvenating the Celtics.

Definition:

quit

v. quit or quit·ted (kwtd), quit·ting, quits

1. To depart from; leave:

2. To leave the company of:

3. To give up; relinquish: quit a job.

4. To abandon or put aside; forsake:

He kinda did jeremy jerry ..whatever....he technically by it's definition did quit.

ANd Mr Wyc paid Daddy a lot and gave him 3 Hall of Famers to help get Daddy that ring.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Simmons talked like a fan, and that's right with me. We know Doc and Danny agreed to part ways in the best possible way, but as fans, we don't have to say amen.

As a broadcaster, though, Simmons didn't do the right thing, but he added some drama to that boring ESPN show. No big deal.

I find hilarious Doc's son is going off on Simmons... when you take decisions, you're going to p--- off people. Deal with it.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
I'm not a fan of Simmons at all, but I totally side with him here. Doc didn't want to rebuild and he just needs to own it.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I know Jeremiah Rivers is just standing up for his dad, but I think it would be funny if Simmons battled back.  Because really who is Jeremiah Rivers?  The guy who quit Georgetown?  The unsuccessful son/brother of Doc and Austin?  And what exactly does Jeremiah know about winning?  And since he clearly he has all the facts, why don't you tell us all the fact's we're missing?

Not that I think Simmons would have a flame war with the guy, but it would be interesting.

Bill replied back..lol

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 50m

When I get home I'm signing up my 5 and a half year old son for Twitter so he can defend me against Doc Rivers' kids.

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
The thing with me is, the kids had things to say when Ray left for Miami. Different circumstances, but the same outcome. Everyone isn't going to agree with the move. And unless Doc wins it all or takes them to the WCF..the spotlight and criticism will be on him because LAC have pronounced him the coaches of all coaches.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Bill is right, and doc looks like a buffoon for calling himself too classy to call him an idiot...Uhh wait you just did call him one while weirdly calling yourself classy...you're a clown and a quitter

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bill is right, and doc looks like a buffoon for calling himself too classy to call him an idiot...Uhh wait you just did call him one while weirdly calling yourself classy...you're a clown and a quitter

Yeah that's a weak move.

Just representative of Doc on this whole issue.  Saying one thing and doing another.  Contradicting yourself within the same sentences.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The problem I have with defending Simmons is that he just doesn't know the real story.  No one does.

You guys are falling for much more skilled version of Felger. 

Doc surely wanted to coach KG, Pierce, Rondo, Green and Sully through another year of contention.  In the end he AGREED to come back and coach regardless of a blowup.  But the thing had gone too far.  Doc love KG to death.  His initial acceptance of the deal involved two more year of coaching KG and very likely Pierce in a contending situation. 

And when the deal fell apart he agreed to come back, but it was too late. 

No one knows for sure the signals Doc got from the brass.  The story is the Celtics didn't want to spend that much on a coach during a rebuild. 

I don't get the Doc crucifixion at all. 

Or the Simmons love.  Simmons will end in the dust heap of television losers.  Doc will come out strong and thriving....

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
The problem I have with defending Simmons is that he just doesn't know the real story.  No one does.

Doc surely wanted to coach KG, Pierce, Rondo, Green and Sully through another year of contention.  In the end he AGREED to come back and coach regardless of a blowup.  But the thing had gone too far.  Doc love KG to death.  His initial acceptance of the deal involved two more year of coaching KG and very likely Pierce in a contending situation. 

No one knows for sure the signals Doc got from the brass.  The story is the Celtics didn't want to spend that much on a coach during a rebuild. 

Or the Simmons love.  Simmons will end in the dust heap of television losers.  Doc will come out strong and thriving....

Holy Crap man. Put the cup down.  Is this Jeremiah?

Did you see Wyc's presser or Danny's

You really think they were trying to cut Doc to save money and what exactly is "too late" unless it's a "leaked" story...whoops...that is actually a 2 year old event?

Your saying folks are going over board while diving in backwards yourself. ::)

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 11:35:46 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Simmons has some really hacky opinions but he makes the television 100x more interesting.

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I haven't had a problem with Rivers leaving.  But, after watching this dude stutter and stammer, change stories and then watch his dumbass kids(and the whole family0 act like he's Vince Lombardi, I'm not going to be sad when he fails in LA.

Bill Simmons is the only one man enough to call Doc out.  The rest of the media is so blinded by Doc's con man act they just stay quiet.

Absolutely spot-on and brilliant post, Chief.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Holy Crap man. Put the cup down.  Is this Jeremiah?

Did you see Wyc's presser or Danny's

You really think they were trying to cut Doc to save money and what exactly is "too late" unless it's a "leaked" story...whoops...that is actually a 2 year old event?

Your saying folks are going over board while diving in backwards yourself. ::)

I admit not knowing the Doc story well.  But I also think no one can know all the ins and outs when relationships end.  I believe that in reality people get confused when it comes to making big decisions.  Unfortunately when standing before the media you can't just say, well, I'm confused as hell about what I want at the moment, so you end up looking like a fool instead.  I think Danny and Wyc respect the heck out of Doc, so that's good enough for me.  And I don't like the Doc has victimized the Celtics (or me as a Celtic blogger) by leaving.

I like J.Rivers defending his dad against Simmons.  Simmons will have a long career in sports media but not at events like the draft.  People tune into the draft for good times, beer and popcorn.  Not the same kind of meanness they faced at work all day.  His humor is too easy, but it's exhausting.  His producers will realize this. 

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 11:45:01 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Wiley,

He signed a FIVE YEAR contract that STILL had THREE years left on it.  Doc COMMITTED to that 5-year deal to be OUR coach.  He QUIT!!! 

EVERYONE, including Doc and Jeremiah, etc. knew that KG and PP would not be playing for the C's for the duration of that contract.

Why did he sign and AGREE TO the five-year contract?  Your argument about this year falls apart quickly with ALL the information.

Smitty77