Author Topic: A thorough ANALYSIS and career projection of Kelly Olynyk  (Read 11919 times)

Re: A thorough ANALYSIS and career projection of Kelly Olynyk
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
does anyone think that Kelly could play the three and Green could slide down to the 2?

LOL, he is a marginal athlete, there would be a lot of dust clouds going by him. 

Rondo
Green
Olynyk
Sullinger
big rebounding center - Iverson? - FA

We 'd be favored to win the lotto with this lineup.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
does anyone think that Kelly could play the three and Green could slide down to the 2?

That is not sliding down.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I posted some of the centers combine results on another thread and the things thought caught my attention were how similar his measurements were to the other elite prospects....he was criticized for having a short wingspan but his reach is 9ft...that's two inches taller then #4 Zeller.....the other thing that stuck out was his percentage of body fat...he 6.7 percent.....if he can work and turn that into muscle or just shed 14lbs of weight that would with out question improve some of his physical limitations.

Summer League will show us some of what he has...but the real indicator will be 2 years away...even Dirk (no I don't think he can be Dirk) had a rough rookie season.

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 08:31:53 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I posted some of the centers combine results on another thread and the things thought caught my attention were how similar his measurements were to the other elite prospects....he was criticized for having a short wingspan but his reach is 9ft...that's two inches taller then #4 Zeller.....the other thing that stuck out was his percentage of body fat...he 6.7 percent.....if he can work and turn that into muscle or just shed 14lbs of weight that would with out question improve some of his physical limitations.

Summer League will show us some of what he has...but the real indicator will be 2 years away...even Dirk (no I don't think he can be Dirk) had a rough rookie season.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/070113-key-decisions-led-olynyk-iverson-boston

I've posted this yesterday.

Not a particularly amazing read but Olynyk and Colton Iverson both redshirted just to be better.

Olynyk gained muscle, improved his skills and conditioning.

Both are basically opposites of Eddy Curry. Not too talented but seem to work super hard. I'm sure they'd go far.

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 07:32:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder how much influence brad stevens had directly or indirectly in celts choosing olynyk. He faced him several times this year and olynyk did well against butler

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

His wingspan was 6-9 ish.   I didn't like the pick, I think he lacks athletic ability but now he is a Celtic I support him.   6% Body fat is fine. Dennis Rodman was not the tallest guy with the longest arms and best vertical but he rebounded fine with anticipation.  I just hope Oly is half as smart as him.